Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Garage Customer Service - Disappointed

I’m not sure the beef with the 180 day guarantee (which I don’t think is new)?

You get 6 months to try something, and if you don’t like it you can return it. Seems like a pretty lengthy trial period to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    I’m not sure the beef with the 180 day guarantee (which I don’t think is new)?

You get 6 months to try something, and if you don’t like it you can return it. Seems like a pretty lengthy trial period to me.
    I have a G9 that`s still in the box after almost 2 years.
    180 days is better then most, but it use to be Lifetime which is even better.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not sure we’re talking about the same thing here. You get 180 days to try it and see if you like it. If you don’t, you can return it.

They still have their lifetime warranty backing their products against defect.

If you unboxed your G9 now and didn’t like it, that’s not their fault you took 2 years to realize it.
    Likes re-tired liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    I’m not sure we’re talking about the same thing here. You get 180 days to try it and see if you like it. If you don’t, you can return it.

They still have their lifetime warranty backing their products against defect.

If you unboxed your G9 now and didn’t like it, that’s not their fault you took 2 years to realize it.
    People are saying the lifetime warranty is no longer lifetime.

When polishers break GG is asking for some money to replace their polisher.
    Likes Curioso liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Asking for partial payment or asking to pay a shipping charge?

Post Thanks / Like

I have read postings of both.
    Dislikes wannafbody disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    Asking for partial payment or asking to pay a shipping charge?
    When my GG6 went in for cord repair, they did ask me to pay shipping to send it back. Then they sent me a new one N/C. When my BOSS15 went needed some brushes, they sent 2 sets at no cost to me.
    Likes bob m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The Griot`s Garage "Lifetime Warranty Guarantee" was discussed at length in this linked thread about an early G9 cord problem:
    G9 Cord Question

Bottom line about lifetime warranties:
    They are only as good as the "lifetime" of the company, NOT YOU!. If the company is sold, the next owner is NOT obligated to honor the previous owner`s warranty liability (An exception is Craftsman hand tools. Lowes has decided to honor the lifetime guarantee, since Sears-Robuck sold the Craftsman tools name to Stanley Tools. ) You can take it to court, but 99% you will not win. If the company goes out of business or is bankrupt, there is usually no fund set aside to take car of warranty claims; creditors are paid first, followed by employees. Customers rarely get anything.

In the state of Wisconsin, the State Supreme Court ruled in a case concerning a lifetime warranty associated with replacement windows that the time frame for a "lifetime warranty" is 7 years. This has become the ruling precedence for court cases involving "lifetime warranty" cases in the state of Wisconsin.

Here is the other thing I strongly "dislike" about "Lifetime Warranties"; there is no legal requirement to set aside a monetary escroll account by the manufacturer or distributor/reseller to cover future warranty claims for a product with such a warranty. It is caveat emptor in legal speak; "buyer beware". Personally, I think the "lifetime warranty" term should be outlawed in American commerce. It is a very deceiving term to the buyer, nor is it true to any extent.

I would much prefer a warranty of a specific time period. A 25-year roofing/shingle warranty, for example, holds much more credence that a "lifetime warranty".

I`ll get off my commercial legalities soap box (again). Yeah, and don`t even start with "One size fits all"or "Universal fit"..... (Sounds like more of a ranting-and-raving (AKA, PO`d) old man to me, Captain Obvious...... just sayin`!!!!
    Hey, weren`t YOU the person ventriloquist Jeff Dunham modeled his old man dummy "Walter" after???)
    GB detailer
    Likes wannafbody, John U, Curioso liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post
    People are saying the lifetime warranty is no longer lifetime..
    With regard to Griot`s Garage, and specifically their polishers, it wouldn`t be the first time that proved true.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    With regard to Griot`s Garage, and specifically their polishers, it wouldn`t be the first time that proved true.
    Another reason that I won`t buy any tools from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Older View Post
    Another reason that I won`t buy any tools from them.
    Heh heh, yeah...and when you say "tools" I can`t help but think of the fancy-pants FACOM tools from them that I got as gifts- "lifetime warranty" huh? Not when they quit selling them, and they weren`t that good to begin with IMO
    Likes Older liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Heh heh, yeah...and when you say "tools" I can`t help but think of the fancy-pants FACOM tools from them that I got as gifts- "lifetime warranty" huh? Not when they quit selling them, and they weren`t that good to begin with IMO
    That`s exactly what I was referring to.

I`ll stick with my Snap-On and SK tools.

Proto and MAC are good, too.

Post Thanks / Like

I forwarded a link to this thread to Griots Customer Service....here is their reply:

I really appreciate this. I read through some of it and will forward it to our Social Media manager. While I can`t refute a customer`s claim of tone of voice that they may not have liked, I am one of about just nine reps. We catch many fraudulent attempts at orders. They are almost 100% large, first time orders with billing address that doesn`t match the shipping.

And nothing has changed with our warranty...it`s 180 days returns for any reason, and a Lifetime guarantee against manufacturer defect. We pay for the return shipping label if they purchased it from us. Not if they purchased it from a reseller. Though sometimes we make exceptions and pay for all the shipping and replacement on a machine someone bought somewhere else.

And we don`t repair/refurbish machines and send them back out. We send out brand new ones.

Richard is most certainly still here running the show! We`re not perfect, but we do certainly try! Again, I appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention!

Thank you for taking the time to email us here at Griot`s Garage.
    If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reply to this email or call our Customer Service Department at (800) 345-5789 6:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. PST Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Saturday.

Thank you again for your email and have a great day!

Have fun in your garage!

Julie W.
    Customer Experience Associate
    Griot`s Garage
    (800) 345-5789 Ext. 190
    customerservice@griotsgarage.com

Likes dwaleke, wannafbody, dgage, bob m liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs, Oneheadlite thanked for this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

You`d think with proof of purchase, they`d pay shipping regardless of where it`s bought.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I forwarded a link to this thread to Griots Customer Service....here is their reply:

I really appreciate this. I read through some of it and will forward it to our Social Media manager. While I can`t refute a customer`s claim of tone of voice that they may not have liked, I am one of about just nine reps. We catch many fraudulent attempts at orders. They are almost 100% large, first time orders with billing address that doesn`t match the shipping.

And nothing has changed with our warranty...it`s 180 days returns for any reason, and a Lifetime guarantee against manufacturer defect. We pay for the return shipping label if they purchased it from us. Not if they purchased it from a reseller. Though sometimes we make exceptions and pay for all the shipping and replacement on a machine someone bought somewhere else.

And we don`t repair/refurbish machines and send them back out. We send out brand new ones.

Richard is most certainly still here running the show! We`re not perfect, but we do certainly try! Again, I appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention!

Thank you for taking the time to email us here at Griot`s Garage.
    If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reply to this email or call our Customer Service Department at (800) 345-5789 6:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. PST Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Saturday.

Thank you again for your email and have a great day!

Have fun in your garage!

Julie W.
    Customer Experience Associate
    Griot`s Garage
    (800) 345-5789 Ext. 190
    customerservice@griotsgarage.com

Thank you for emailing Griot`s and posting their reply. As mentioned earlier, I posted a negative review on their site about a pair of wheel wash mitts and it was this lady, Julie who emailed me and asked if I wanted credit or a refund for the product.
    When I had my business and there was a different billing and shipping address I had to do further investigation and verification; if I didn`t and the card proved to be stolen, I was on the hook from the credit card company for that transaction. It`s a shame that not all employees are courteous and helpful 100% of the time and I hope your email will generate a good talking to from the Management team at Griot`s.

I think that 180 return for any reason and lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects is more than fair as is their return shipping policy. And the fact that they don`t simply refurbish your machine,they give you a new one is IMHO outstanding.
    Likes dgage, Oneheadlite liked this post

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information