Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Garage Customer Service - Disappointed

It`s really a red flag when you want to ship something to other than the billing address, and I`m actually glad that vendors check into that, because I`ve had my card compromised so many times. Amazon is the one place that seems to have no qualms about shipping to other addresses, IIRC Amazon also doesn`t ask for the CVC when you enter the card; who knows how they handle security.
    Likes bob m, John U liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

With a credit card it is irrelevant though. Every credit card company will give you your money back with very little effort if your card is every compromised. It really is something no one should ever spend an ounce of worry over.

So Griot`s did this to save their ass, not the buyer.

They could have called him immediately. The lack of (and quality of) communication is the clear failure here IMO.
    Likes Curioso liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear folks have had bad experiences.

I`m going to come out and say I`m a fan of the company, but because of the following experiences:

Back when my 1st Gen GG6 was spitting grease from the air outlet, I called to ask if that was normal and if they had any recommendations. I believe back then (right around when the 3rd gen machine came out) they sent me a prepaid label to send it in. They sent me a new current gen model and upgraded it to the long cord.

Bought a BOSS cannon when those came out. Worked awesome and was really happy with it. They then later did some revisions on the cannon which I think included a switch to full stainless manifold and a couple other tweaks. I called in to ask if there was a notable improvement over the initial batch and if I should consider selling mine to upgrade. I made it clear I didn`t have an actual problem with the cannon I received. They told me if I wanted I could send mine in and they would exchange it. It was long enough ago I don`t remember if I had to pay shipping, but I thought it was pretty nice of them to swap out a cannon that was working fine basically for the sake of my own FOMO.

Bought a G9 when those came out (hey - I said I was a fan, ok? . Sold my GG6 to a coworker to fund the switch). Love the machine. Read reports on the internet that early run machines had a bad power cord, turns out mine was one of them. After a couple cars, the machine would cut out unless I articulated the cord just so; while not pleasant I was at least able to finish the job. Called them up, discussed that I tried swapping brushes just to be sure as well as described what was happening with the cord - they sent a replacement cord right out without waiting to receive my old one.

Short version - I broke my GG3 (4 years old I think?). Called in and asked if it was possible to buy repair parts, they said to send it in. They helped me out and gave me my original order number to put on the Repair/Return form you print off from the site. I did have to pay to ship it out there ($16 via USPS). When they had received it, I got a phone call saying they would exchange it for a new unit, I just had to pay the price difference from what I paid for the GG3 (long cord) and the G8 they were replacing it with ($16.07). Shortly after a G8 arrived on my doorstep.

I will say any of my interactions were done during their normal business hours via phone. I can`t remember where, but I thought I heard somewhere the off hours folks are a different crew; I wonder if they don`t have the same jurisdiction for what they can do. I`m not much for trying to E-mail a company if I have complaints/issues, I just don`t feel certain that the 1`s and 0`s are guaranteed to get there and you have no way to be sure on your end.
    Example - I emailed Greenworks a question about a pressure washer I was looking at. A week later, still crickets. I`m just going to end up calling them.

I`m with Setec - I`d much rather have a company be a little extra careful to rule out fraud. I bought a car out of state once and drove to get it. I got a call from my credit card company when they noticed all of a sudden there were two charges at a gas station instead of one and they wanted to make sure it was me. They apologized for bothering me - I felt the opposite actually.

Also, while I`ll buy Griot`s chemicals and towels from PBMG, I stick to buying equipment directly from Griot`s. Feels more akin to the relationship I have with the Snap On/Mac/Cornwell/etc tool guys that I buy tools from at work.
    Griot`s also has their 180 day satisfaction guarantee; if there was anything they had that I wasn`t sure I`d love I would also buy that direct to know I could return/exchange it no problem.
    Likes bob m, Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by re-tired View Post
    Had the G21-would not work from day one- just would not even come on when the trigger was pulled. Company that I bought it from said that I HAD to deal with griots and that they ( the company I bought it from- a detailing supply company) could not take it back. So I contacted griots and spoke to a CS rep who sounded so nice and assured me that she would take care of the situation and just how much that she understood and that she would feel the same way if she had purchased.... etc. , on & on & on, I mean she sounded JUST LIKE someone that you would hope to find on the other end of the phone, she promised she would take care of it and would replace the tool and get me out a pre paid return label right away-- well I am still waiting for her to send it, and thats even after multiple return phone calls, & that was last fall, she turned out to be someone who tells you what you want to hear then never follows through ( never had any intention of doing any of those things she promised obviously )-- she is in my book a liar. I finally was able to get with a influential person in the company that I purchased it from & he finally agreed to take it back and refund my $
    So I wont be making any more purchases with either company- but will try griots polishes ONLY thru Autopia or AGO

Ended up getting the Flex 3401
    Sorry to hear that and i’ve been blessed to be local to them. No problem with polishers but had it in with a couple products.

Was recommended Fast correcting cream and found was to aggressive. They swapped it out no questions asked.

Have not had any issues with my old G15 and absolutely love it. I hope I never have to swap it for one of the new ones which seem to have more problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

It was my first order directly with them. I wasnt even mad about the hold as I didnt need the polisher right away. My main issue was the horrible attitude I got. It was as if this rep was trying to play detective and "catch" me as a fraudster with the wierd questions even though I had called in. I doubt frauds would actually call in to a company. I guess new customers have to be treated as guilty until proven innocent. The funny thing is that the rep changed her accusatory tone as soon as I told her to cancel my order, but it was too little too late.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    It`s really a red flag when you want to ship something to other than the billing address, and I`m actually glad that vendors check into that, because I`ve had my card compromised so many times. Amazon is the one place that seems to have no qualms about shipping to other addresses, IIRC Amazon also doesn`t ask for the CVC when you enter the card; who knows how they handle security.
    I have never had an issue with any company about this. Including here and AGO. I called in and verified all my info, what else do they want? This is griots here, not the IRS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Older View Post
    It seems that it`s still family-owned, with the 3rd generation family members running it now:

https://www.detailingwiki.org/manufa...griots-garage/
    Is nepotism ever a good thing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    I`m sorry that some customers have had issues with Griot`s. I hope they check forums like this one and use that feedback to address said issues. Having said that, I have had only positive experiences with them. Recent case in point - I bought their new wheel cleaning mitt and got the usual auto generated email asking to rate that product and so I did give it an honest review, stating my dissatisfaction with the mitt. A few days later, I received an email from one of the support team, thanking me for the feedback and asking if I would like a refund or store credit.
    FWIW....I reached out to Griots customer service via email and linked this thread.....I hope they took the time to read it
    Likes dwaleke liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Curioso View Post
    Is nepotism ever a good thing?
    I think this comment is kind of out of bounds. Small businesses make up about 97% of businesses. People pour everything they have to keep a family owned business afloat. It`s hard work. There are cases where family members have screwed a business up but most are trying to keep a legacy going and aren`t in it for fame or glory, just trying to make a living.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Coatings=crack, Vegas1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    I think this comment is kind of out of bounds. Small businesses make up about 97% of businesses. People pour everything they have to keep a family owned business afloat. It`s hard work. There are cases where family members have screwed a business up but most are trying to keep a legacy going and aren`t in it for fame or glory, just trying to make a living.
    Its an honest question. But I dont consider small businesses as nepotism. I meant big multimillion dollar corporations handing reins to someone based on family ties instead of qualifications. But I guess this isn`t the place to discuss this.
    Likes wannafbody liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

They do their best to pretend to be concerned. They make you do so much bs that is just not worth it. I took pictures of the towels that pulled. Sent the receipt. Nothing. Followed up they wanted to know if I went to pep boys. I said I did and they folds me it’s griots warranty. Blah blah blah

Similar bs on my 3” crappy griots buffer that does nothing. Just sux and could not return.

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    FWIW....I reached out to Griots customer service via email and linked this thread.....I hope they took the time to read it
    Likes Curioso, re-tired liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Maybe Griots changed their policy in the past few years, or maybe he got unlucky and his order was randomly flagged. Some years ago a guy I don`t even know on AGO offered to buy me a G15, he ordered it + the bag directly from Griots and had it shipped to me. And he`s in Florida and I`m in Cali so if anything I`d think that would absolutely set off a red flag lol.
    Likes Curioso liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Giving Griot`s a break ......

Amazon questioned me.... once, on a "drop ship". I order for two relatives and my second home weekly. Once the address is in my ship to roster in check out there is no questions.

Online sellers are hit with scams daily. If I`m questioned on a shipment, I thank them for being diligent. Most offer "ship to" and "bill to address" to keep your credit card from kicking back a charge.
    Likes wannafbody, Oneheadlite, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    Giving Griot`s a break ......

Amazon questioned me.... once, on a "drop ship". I order for two relatives and my second home weekly. Once the address is in my ship to roster in check out there is no questions.

Online sellers are hit with scams daily. If I`m questioned on a shipment, I thank them for being diligent. Most offer "ship to" and "bill to address" to keep your credit card from kicking back a charge.
    The hold wasn`t the issue, it was the horrible accusatory attitude I received. I wasn`t even mad about the hold (which I had a right to be because they never contacted me) and was polite from the beginning. What I got back was getting treated like a scammer by a rude rep, which I don`t appreciate. Believe me or not, this is 100% truth.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Sorry to hear folks have had bad experiences.

I`m going to come out and say I`m a fan of the company, but because of the following experiences:

Back when my 1st Gen GG6 was spitting grease from the air outlet, I called to ask if that was normal and if they had any recommendations. I believe back then (right around when the 3rd gen machine came out) they sent me a prepaid label to send it in. They sent me a new current gen model and upgraded it to the long cord.

Bought a BOSS cannon when those came out. Worked awesome and was really happy with it. They then later did some revisions on the cannon which I think included a switch to full stainless manifold and a couple other tweaks. I called in to ask if there was a notable improvement over the initial batch and if I should consider selling mine to upgrade. I made it clear I didn`t have an actual problem with the cannon I received. They told me if I wanted I could send mine in and they would exchange it. It was long enough ago I don`t remember if I had to pay shipping, but I thought it was pretty nice of them to swap out a cannon that was working fine basically for the sake of my own FOMO.

Bought a G9 when those came out (hey - I said I was a fan, ok? . Sold my GG6 to a coworker to fund the switch). Love the machine. Read reports on the internet that early run machines had a bad power cord, turns out mine was one of them. After a couple cars, the machine would cut out unless I articulated the cord just so; while not pleasant I was at least able to finish the job. Called them up, discussed that I tried swapping brushes just to be sure as well as described what was happening with the cord - they sent a replacement cord right out without waiting to receive my old one.

Short version - I broke my GG3 (4 years old I think?). Called in and asked if it was possible to buy repair parts, they said to send it in. They helped me out and gave me my original order number to put on the Repair/Return form you print off from the site. I did have to pay to ship it out there ($16 via USPS). When they had received it, I got a phone call saying they would exchange it for a new unit, I just had to pay the price difference from what I paid for the GG3 (long cord) and the G8 they were replacing it with ($16.07). Shortly after a G8 arrived on my doorstep.

I will say any of my interactions were done during their normal business hours via phone. I can`t remember where, but I thought I heard somewhere the off hours folks are a different crew; I wonder if they don`t have the same jurisdiction for what they can do. I`m not much for trying to E-mail a company if I have complaints/issues, I just don`t feel certain that the 1`s and 0`s are guaranteed to get there and you have no way to be sure on your end.
    Example - I emailed Greenworks a question about a pressure washer I was looking at. A week later, still crickets. I`m just going to end up calling them.

I`m with Setec - I`d much rather have a company be a little extra careful to rule out fraud. I bought a car out of state once and drove to get it. I got a call from my credit card company when they noticed all of a sudden there were two charges at a gas station instead of one and they wanted to make sure it was me. They apologized for bothering me - I felt the opposite actually.

Also, while I`ll buy Griot`s chemicals and towels from PBMG, I stick to buying equipment directly from Griot`s. Feels more akin to the relationship I have with the Snap On/Mac/Cornwell/etc tool guys that I buy tools from at work.
    Griot`s also has their 180 day satisfaction guarantee; if there was anything they had that I wasn`t sure I`d love I would also buy that direct to know I could return/exchange it no problem.
    Why should you have to pay the difference in price on the 3". When I purchased mine I bought it with the understanding that it came with a Lifetime Warranty?
    Same goes with any other product that I`ve purchased from them, so not a fan of the new 180 day guarantee.
    With this 180 day policy you might as well buy from Harbor Frieght if going with Chinese tools. You can buy at more than half the price and returns are a breeze.

Griots is definitely taking a step in the wrong direction if you ask me.
    Likes dwaleke, Curioso liked this post

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information