Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Griots Garage Customer Service - Disappointed

After reading about Griots customer service from some members here, I decided to order the G9 polisher. After a few days with no word, I called them and was informed my order was on fraud hold.
    Why? Because I had the audacity to have a different shipping address from my billing address. I`ve never had an issue before and I ALWAYS ship bigger orders to another address due to porch pirates, etc. I explained this, and apparently that wasnt good enough and I had to get grand inquisitioned. Even getting asked how many other places I have? Do I really need to explain my life story to a customer service rep? Needless to say, I cancelled my order and will be avoiding them in the future. I get that fraud is an problem, but you really shouldn`t treat honest customers this way.
    Likes re-tired, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Garage Customer Service - Disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Curioso View Post
    After reading about Griots customer service from some members here, I decided to order the G9 polisher. After a few days with no word, I called them and was informed my order was on fraud hold.
    Why? Because I had the audacity to have a different shipping address from my billing address. I`ve never had an issue before and I ALWAYS ship bigger orders to another address due to porch pirates, etc. I explained this, and apparently that wasnt good enough and I had to get grand inquisitioned. Even getting asked how many other places I have? Do I really need to explain my life story to a customer service rep? Needless to say, I cancelled my order and will be avoiding them in the future. I get that fraud is an problem, but you really shouldn`t treat honest customers this way.
    So how would they know you are a legit customer unless they ask these questions?

Post Thanks / Like

You could place an order on Autogeek and Autopia.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes John U, Coatings=crack, Merlin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I had two bad experiences with them also. Wont buy another big(er) ticket item from them ( Polisher )
    Will buy their Boss polishes from Autopia or AGO though.
    Likes Curioso liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    So how would they know you are a legit customer unless they ask these questions?
    I shouldn`t have to prove that Im a legit customer. I paid for the item and they sure charged my card fast enough. I called in, they didnt call me. I verified all my info and then the irrelevant questions came. Mind you, these were not asked with a pleasant attitude.
    Likes dwaleke, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    You could place an order on Autogeek and Autopia.
    I normally would, but I recall another post which swayed me to buy direct. Either way, Im done with Griots. Plenty of options out there than have to deal with uppity customer service.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, their customers service has been tanking. When I had issues with my G6, they told me ship it in and they will get it fixed, they sent me a return label and everything. I am having issues with my G9 and they want me to pay to have it shipped then they will see if it is repairable or send me a new one and all I have to pay is shipping. I told them it is a known issue and I am typically sent a return label and shipping is free. The rep said they had a policy change. If I wanted that kind of crappy service I would have purchased a Rupes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Detailrookie! View Post
    I agree, their customers service has been tanking. When I had issues with my G6, they told me ship it in and they will get it fixed, they sent me a return label and everything. I am having issues with my G9 and they want me to pay to have it shipped then they will see if it is repairable or send me a new one and all I have to pay is shipping. I told them it is a known issue and I am typically sent a return label and shipping is free. The rep said they had a policy change. If I wanted that kind of crappy service I would have purchased a Rupes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Not surprised. Their "lifetime warranty" is really just 180 days and the rest of it is up to their discretion. The way theyre going, it will be a completely worthless warranty if they decide to pinch some pennies.
    Likes dwaleke, Older liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

That`s disappointing to read
    Likes John U liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I routinely purchase a lot of things from Amazon, etc., Ebay, etc., lots of retailers, and when I first create my account, I use of course my home address and as my Billing Address...

But I have also many, many, times, hundreds of times, purchased something using My Billing address, and had the item shipped to a different address, a family member, a friend, etc..., and never had anyone put my order on "fraud hold"..

And then, they did not even email or text you back to tell you about this?? Was this your very First order, and perhaps they did not have any history with you or something and they are paranoid, etc..?

Horrible Customer Service(?) to say the least.. Sorry this had to happen to you..

Wonder what happened to Richard Griot, is he gone now?
    I would lose their website immediately too...

I used to live in the Pacific Northwest, and went all the way to Tacoma from Bellevue to see Griot`s.. This was a long time ago.. All of their products were ok, but all were very pricey...

I remember back then, a lot of people were purchasing their random orbitals -because- of the no questions asked lifetime warranty.. I also remember years later, when all I read about was their machines breaking a lot and having to get replaced a lot... Perhaps that was when they switched to the China vendor or perhaps a less expensive one or something?? I dont know..

Good luck with this !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by re-tired View Post
    I had two bad experiences with them also. Wont buy another big(er) ticket item from them ( Polisher )
    Will buy their Boss polishes from Autopia or AGO though.
    What issues did you have? And what polisher did you decide to go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Griots has let me down at every touch with them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    What issues did you have? And what polisher did you decide to go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Had the G21-would not work from day one- just would not even come on when the trigger was pulled. Company that I bought it from said that I HAD to deal with griots and that they ( the company I bought it from- a detailing supply company) could not take it back. So I contacted griots and spoke to a CS rep who sounded so nice and assured me that she would take care of the situation and just how much that she understood and that she would feel the same way if she had purchased.... etc. , on & on & on, I mean she sounded JUST LIKE someone that you would hope to find on the other end of the phone, she promised she would take care of it and would replace the tool and get me out a pre paid return label right away-- well I am still waiting for her to send it, and thats even after multiple return phone calls, & that was last fall, she turned out to be someone who tells you what you want to hear then never follows through ( never had any intention of doing any of those things she promised obviously )-- she is in my book a liar. I finally was able to get with a influential person in the company that I purchased it from & he finally agreed to take it back and refund my $
    So I wont be making any more purchases with either company- but will try griots polishes ONLY thru Autopia or AGO

Ended up getting the Flex 3401
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It seems that it`s still family-owned, with the 3rd generation family members running it now:

https://www.detailingwiki.org/manufa...griots-garage/
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m sorry that some customers have had issues with Griot`s. I hope they check forums like this one and use that feedback to address said issues. Having said that, I have had only positive experiences with them. Recent case in point - I bought their new wheel cleaning mitt and got the usual auto generated email asking to rate that product and so I did give it an honest review, stating my dissatisfaction with the mitt. A few days later, I received an email from one of the support team, thanking me for the feedback and asking if I would like a refund or store credit.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information