Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pan The organizer fee leak lawyers involved LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    As was noted earlier in the thread--to paraphrase--"there`s a sucker born every minute". This happens in every media, and has been going on forever, celebrity endorsement, etc. I have noted many times here, when people fawn over their YouTube heroes, that it takes a lot of time and money to do good-quality videos, people don`t do it if they aren`t getting something out of it. Think about the click and brag section on this forum--what detailer routinely takes time out of their detail that they are getting paid for, to photo document, then resize, edit, upload, write a thread, if it isn`t doing something for them? It`s free advertising. I learned this a long, long time ago on this forum, when I was young(er) and naïve, and would ask questions in those kinds of threads, and I would get angry PM`s about screwing up their thread--they wanted pats on the back, not questions (great job! you`re the best!), so they could show potential clients how well received they were on a "peer-reviewed" forum.

Anyway, virtually everyone has an agenda, whether it`s your favorite YouTube hero, or your favorite TV or radio personality, or favorite actor or sports figure, they are pushing a message that benefits them, their sponsor, or their network. They get paid big bucks not because they are insightful, but for their ability to convince the viewer/listener that they are. I mean, does anyone believe Ice-T needs CarShield or that he`s so concerned about YOU that he goes on TV for free to tell you about it? Caveat emptor.
    Good Post and agreed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fskof View Post
    I wish YouTubers or "content creators" were required to be open and transparent.
    Dont think that is a good idea.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    I think a lot of people have the feeling that Pan is not straightforward after hearing the information. He would be much better off being honest stating the company sponsored the video or it’s a paid promotion to demonstrate the product. This is where Pan falls short he leads his followers to believe that he is going to review the product while being neutral. I think a majority of viewers do not know he is being paid and I would think Pan would have want it to stay like this.

I do wonder what company told Pan to go pound sand and released his rates which I still think is hilarious and an ace move.
    That`s a boss move on their part.

Is this the company? https://getundrdog.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    That`s a boss move on their part.

Is this the company? https://getundrdog.com/
    I believe that it is

Post Thanks / Like

I never liked Pan or his videos, mainly because you could tell he was more interested in monetizing than actually reviewing anything stringently.

That being said, it’s pretty shady to be deceiving the public & asking for astronomical fees as a shill. Good for whoever this guy is for exposing it. You see, that’s the problem when you do shady stuff - when you get caught you have the consequences to deal with. Something tells me his YT career will not be so lucrative anymore relating to detailing.

And, what is an organizer anyway?

Post Thanks / Like

Just got this response...
    Not saying yay or nay, but just sayin`....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzNpxh9cMrI

Post Thanks / Like

Props to him though for getting his hustle on. He does have to save for his future so can’t fault him for that.

This was messed up on the GlassParency Instagram post yesterday.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the drama is continuing. It looks like Scott from DPC has now released a video the "ambush" in Pan`s defense. Makes popcorn

Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing
    Likes yello430 liked this post
    Dislikes KBsToy disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Pan The organizer fee leak lawyers involved LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Think about the click and brag section on this forum--what detailer routinely takes time out of their detail that they are getting paid for, to photo document, then resize, edit, upload, write a thread, if it isn`t doing something for them? It`s free advertising. I learned this a long, long time ago on this forum, when I was young(er) and naïve, and would ask questions in those kinds of threads, and I would get angry PM`s about screwing up their thread--they wanted pats on the back, not questions (great job! you`re the best!), so they could show potential clients how well received they were on a "peer-reviewed" forum.
    I’ve never received a dollar for detailing, nor have I ever asked. I do it for fun, for friends and for family. And I’ve spent the time writing my reviews or comparisons for the sole purpose of other good, honest people on this forum to have one more example that could lead to an informed purchase (or rejection). I think what makes this forum special is that numerous folks do this to help others and not theirselves. Even most the professional detailers on here, they are showing what they’ve done to nice cars and providing way more info than what would be needed to convince a customer they make cars shiny.

And for the reasons above, Pan doesn’t fit in very well here. But he does fit into a large group out in the real world, the group that puts on a smile and says whatever you want to hear for his own monetary benefit. Many people do this, as has been mentioned. Some do it to get by, some do it for mutual benefits, Pan does it to fill his head and live a life where he feels that he is a special talent. To each their own, but “each” does not particularly fit into this forum of good people who’s main reason for being here is watch and learn.

Post Thanks / Like

Scotty too hottie joins the fray!! This stuff is hilarious! Even more than the Jake Paul vs Ben Askcren fight last night!!
    Likes The Guz, dgage, dwaleke liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Looks like the drama is continuing. It looks like Scott from DPC has now released a video the "ambush" in Pan`s defense. Makes popcorn
    A bit over dramatic. He is throwing shade at someone who was not even involved. He needs to get off his high horse thinking he`s some sort of savior lol. Good stuff though for a weekend lol.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I disagree with Scott. I think he`s stepping into something he should avoid.
    Likes KBsToy, dwaleke liked this post
    Thanks William_Wallace thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Pan The organizer fee leak lawyers involved LMAO

Lol.... just a heads up but Pan usually let’s you know when an advertiser pAid. It’s in the comments and usually in the video.

He just doesn’t blatantly say it in his videos. He never once where I can find said he doesn’t get paid for his reviews.... but again does post in videos when he does.

He also stated before he only post videos of products he likes as he referenced in his videos.

Lastly alot of people get paid for reviews on YouTube. We may not like it but that is actually normal business.

I don’t fault one man who is earning a living while actually does let us know when he gets paid.

And a statement I read somewhere else i think makes sense as he is not disparaging any products against the ones he recommending he’s just basically making modern day commercial. And soliciting businesses to do reviews is smart.

It gives new companies alot of exposure.... he is selling his products (advertisements) just like they are trying to sell us their products (chemicals)....

But Scott (DPC) yeah he’s trash....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Did not play the scott dpc video- I cant stand him anymore as well. I did like him @ first but when he came out with his own line pushing it as superior to everything else I slowed down on him

BUT

When he brought out the blond russian hottie on his videos ( and YOU KNOW all it was for was to attract male viewership /click count ) I dropped him and have not watched anything from him since.
    Likes KBsToy, dwaleke liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

As a senior enthusiast I watch some you tubers for product reviews .

The answer I think is very simple on you tubers videos its like the news, TV shows you do not like the content you do not watch them .
    Moaning and groaning about them does not make them go away only makes people go to their sites .

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information