Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pan The organizer fee leak lawyers involved LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by gorram;[URL="tel:2183698"
    2183698[/URL]]
    I still think a few of the guys Apex, Forensic, Waxmode are all still worth the watch. Even in a review of a product I know I`m never going to buy there will be a useful nugget of info or two that made it worth it.
    They all had reviews of the new TW products. So far the only one I’ve seen use one of the products again is Apex. He seems to like the One and Done polish, he used that in following unrelated videos. I think TW caught wind that SnS caused a lot of positive buzz online for bang for the buck and decided to go all-in on that strategy. How much it cost them for Pan’s exclusive first video, who knows.
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It really is no surprise. Those of us that caught his rant on the AG forum know that he is not as professional as he comes off.

The fact that this brand came out and stood against what Pan is doing is rarely seen. They could have agreed and made some cash but they chose the integrity of the situation. And Pan`s response saying not to email him when he was the one to reach out to them shows exactly his petty behavior when things don`t go his way.

The CarPro rep told me that as soon as they were releasing new products for 2020 that Pan was the first to reach out to him. Pan did not get a response from them because he was bought stating that graphene was the end all be all lol.

Before CarPro started to send me products for review, I was asked that they would pay me for my time to review the product which I turned down given that I was getting product. Thinking back on it, I think I know why I was asked that after this video lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    EDIT: Just watched the vid...No surprise to me as I was always suspect of him. I would love to know the name of the company that called him out. I would support them in a heartbeat just for having integrity.
    It is underdog.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks BudgetPlan1, dwaleke, re-tired, mt32 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes. That`s brutal. And embarrassing for old Pan...
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This problem is all over youtube, not just in car detailing. I wish YouTubers or "content creators" were required to be open and transparent.
    Likes William_Wallace, KBsToy liked this post
    Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

i like pan if he can make money doing what he does good for him.
    Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post
    Dislikes wannafbody disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larry A View Post
    i like pan if he can make money doing what he does good for him.
    But to get paid to lie is not a good thing.....
    Dislikes KBsToy disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fskof View Post
    This problem is all over youtube, not just in car detailing. I wish YouTubers or "content creators" were required to be open and transparent.
    The problem is all over the internet, not just on YouTube. I was looking at mattresses...there are several sites with comprehensive reviews...but if you keep reading you go around in circles and find that there are no negative reviews, they just have so many categories that every mattress comes up as a top one in some category, so in the end, it`s all BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Fskof View Post
    But to get paid to lie is not a good thing.....
    Is he really being paid to lie? He`s doing a promotional video. Mike Phillips does lots of promotional videos on the other forum (I guess, I haven`t been over there in a long time), and I would never suggest he lies about anything. He just points out the positive qualities of the products, and never compares them to anything else in a concrete way. At least that`s the way I remember them. I expect Pan is doing the same thing--although I haven`t watched any of his videos in a long time either. It`s a mystery to me why I still seem to not have time for anything, even though I`m not watching any detailing videos.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there is a bit of difference between a manufacturer giving a sample and asking for feedback on a product vs paying someone thousands of dollars for posting positive reviews of a product. I think that the majority of those on this site who were given samples to test over the years weren`t asked to do anything unethical.

I probably won`t watch Pan videos. My opinion is that if a reviewer is being paid to review a product they should disclose that. $16,000 is slightly different than just receiving a bottle of spray wax to review.

Everyone knows Mike Phillips is being paid by Autogeek to do product reviews. That is his job.
    Likes dwaleke, William_Wallace, Caraman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My opinion on this will most likely not be a popular one. First off I want to say that I NEVER have liked pan the organizer and what I saw hasn`t changed anything for me with regards to him, I still don`t like him.

I personally have no issue for anyone making $ on YT ( even him) - no matter how much, good for them if they can get it, if he can get a million per video, good for him. I am not jealous of him making $$ or someone on here or anywhere else selling what ever they have for what a lot of folks would say is way to much $$ ( like a car, service ...etc.)

What I do not like is when people lie / exaggerate about WHATEVER they are speaking about, not just selling or advertising / reviewing.-- to me lying is worse than stealing- but thats just me. If people want to buy into his OR ANYONE ELSE`s content on the WWW.-- well thats on them. The only caveat to that would be if someone is putting something out there that has the potential for someone to get hurt.
    Likes William_Wallace, PoisonTheWell liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

There are a bunch of good and funny comments reading through.

Post Thanks / Like

I never heard of this ScottHD but IMO thats a DB move.
    Likes William_Wallace, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So my thoughts are who gives a crap. Worry about yourself. If the companies agree to pay those amounts then that`s between Pan and them. It`s like bashing someone because you think they charge too much for a coating job.

Hey people may not like him and I don`t really follow too many people but if he`s making money and companies are happy to oblige then oh well.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

I think a lot of people have the feeling that Pan is not straightforward after hearing the information. He would be much better off being honest stating the company sponsored the video or it’s a paid promotion to demonstrate the product. This is where Pan falls short he leads his followers to believe that he is going to review the product while being neutral. I think a majority of viewers do not know he is being paid and I would think Pan would have want it to stay like this.

I do wonder what company told Pan to go pound sand and released his rates which I still think is hilarious and an ace move.
    Likes dwaleke, wannafbody, Vegas1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    I think a lot of people have the feeling that Pan is not straightforward after hearing the information. He would be much better off being honest stating the company sponsored the video or it’s a paid promotion to demonstrate the product. This is where Pan falls short he leads his followers to believe that he is going to review the product while being neutral. I think a majority of viewers do not know he is being paid and I would think Pan would have want it to stay like this.
    As was noted earlier in the thread--to paraphrase--"there`s a sucker born every minute". This happens in every media, and has been going on forever, celebrity endorsement, etc. I have noted many times here, when people fawn over their YouTube heroes, that it takes a lot of time and money to do good-quality videos, people don`t do it if they aren`t getting something out of it. Think about the click and brag section on this forum--what detailer routinely takes time out of their detail that they are getting paid for, to photo document, then resize, edit, upload, write a thread, if it isn`t doing something for them? It`s free advertising. I learned this a long, long time ago on this forum, when I was young(er) and naïve, and would ask questions in those kinds of threads, and I would get angry PM`s about screwing up their thread--they wanted pats on the back, not questions (great job! you`re the best!), so they could show potential clients how well received they were on a "peer-reviewed" forum.

Anyway, virtually everyone has an agenda, whether it`s your favorite YouTube hero, or your favorite TV or radio personality, or favorite actor or sports figure, they are pushing a message that benefits them, their sponsor, or their network. They get paid big bucks not because they are insightful, but for their ability to convince the viewer/listener that they are. I mean, does anyone believe Ice-T needs CarShield or that he`s so concerned about YOU that he goes on TV for free to tell you about it? Caveat emptor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post

I do wonder what company told Pan to go pound sand and released his rates .
    post #17
    Thanks William_Wallace thanked for this post

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information