Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pan The organizer fee leak lawyers involved LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Um...that`s not an F-body!
    My 2000 Trans Am is my street car

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    My opinion of detailing product and equipment manufacturers who give such things to fellow Autopians for FREE to post their personal experiences and and hopefully, unbiased opinions about them are far more "interesting and trusted", in my humble opinion. I have no problem for those of you who volunteer to do so and are willing to take the time to post pics and type out your story in this forum for all Autopians to read, in exchange that you keep the product or piece of equipment for doing , OR are receive such things at a reduced price in exchange for your reviews. I find it a win-win-win situation for all parties involved:
    1) For the manufacturer it`s cheap advertising and publicity by a real-world detailing user
    2) For the reviewer because that person gets to try out a detailing product or piece of equipment and keep it OR buy it at a reduced price.
    3) For the fellow Autopian and myself, we (I) get to read about it and make an informed decision on the product or equipment as well as read additional comments and questions from other Autopians within the discussion.

I also think that there are some of you who are beta-testers who are trying out new products and/or equipment for these detailing manufacturers, but because of sworn secrecy to legally fulfill confidentiality agreements, cannot say ANYTHING about them nor its development. Those who do so are an important part of this development process for both manufacturer and the end detailing consumer , we Autopians, to whom this product or piece of equipment will hopefully be marketed. Again, we (I) am indebted to those of you who do, and yes, Captain Obvious does ask questions that cannot be answered about them when small snippets are "leaked" or "inadvertently" made while posting some of your detailing exploits (like Sizzle Chest, to name one. Sorry to single you out Sizzle and the constant celebrity-gossip-column-like reporter questions from THE Captain Obvious you put up with. Hey, inquiring (and annoyingly nosy) minds want to know... just sayin`!! Wait for it, wait for it....)
    I look at reviews for products given for reviews with the same grain of salt i watch Pan. If product gets good reviews then usually reviewer gets more in the future to try out.

Some like being 1st to market trying reviews. I’m sure people are fair about it but still not usually a unbiased opinion.

See that you with AG products themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes William_Wallace, bob m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    My 2000 Trans Am is my street car
    Still, you got a real yin/yang thing going on there.
    Likes wannafbody, Oneheadlite liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Still, you got a real yin/yang thing going on there.
    Both sides of the extreme

Post Thanks / Like

Disclosure has always been there: (this is from Pan`s review of P&S Interior Cleaner)

►Full disclosure: This is a sponsored video. However, I made sure that the opinions expressed in my video are my own and the company had no influence on my content.

Welcome to Pan TheOrganizer, one of the biggest car detailing channels on YouTube, here to help you with fun and entertaining tutorials, tips, tricks, products and equipment reviews!

Post Thanks / Like

Here`s my take on this "controversy" as a hobbyist detailer - or perhaps better stated as a hobbyist who enjoys detailing.

I enjoy his videos; no question they are very professionally done. I also enjoy other detailer`s videos as well as Mike Phillips. I use those - as well as this forum and AutoGeek to ask questions and learn from more experienced contributors. I had no idea what the payment/fee structure was for product reviews. I was surprised to see that his fee was 16k. Ok, seems that`s where his money is being earned/made more recently as opposed to actual, physical hands on customer detailing. Good for him!

I take his reviews, not as gospel, but as one guy`s opinion. Does the fact that he gets monetarily rewarded (paid) for said reviews mean they are not valid reviews? The quick and first response might be "hell no, how can you do an honest review if you are getting paid by the manufacturer for reviewing their product?" But, given a few moments more thought, my answer is "yes" - as long as he make note of it being a sponsored video and he presents the information straight up and does not make false or misleading claims about the product, I think it`s perfectly legit and nothing to be ashamed of. Along the same line, I have no issues with celebrities endorsing products - as long as the products work/do as advertised. I think the monikers tossed around - Pan the Advertiser or even Pan the Promoter aren`t negative (IMHO) for reasons I mentioned, though I am sure Pan would disagree.

He mentions he does not review products he thinks are not up to snuff, so since the products he reviews are up to snuff, they will be by their own nature getting a positive review. I mean, if you look at the products reviewed, are there any bad ones? Some may be better than others, but again, no stinkers.

Now, I think he (and others) were a bit too effusive in their praise of Beadmaker, even though it still has its fans and when Pan mentions it now, he notes that it doesn`t have much durability. I also stopped counting the number of times I hear the word "insane" when he`s referring to gloss or ease of use. But I guess that`s his vernacular. And that issue with Echo - I`m not sure what happened, but doesn`t sound too good for him.

Worth noting is that I think most of his videos are instructional/how to`s, not paid product reviews and more importantly, what about the ongoing tests he is doing regarding coating/sealants, where it`s shown that some products are holding up well and some are not. He`s naming names. He also does a yearly Best of Detailing Products (maybe a bit hokey with that little statute). I don`t think if he was so beholden to those companies there would be other products winning those "awards".

What I did find offensive was that email privacy was violated (in an attempt to "out" and embarrass Pan). I don`t care who the parties are, it`s simply wrong and unethical. Those are private exchanges and should be kept so.When I had my own business a few year ago, selling high end German portable power tools, I often had email exchanges with my customers as well as with warehouse staff, advertisers and competitors and though they were all benign echanges, I/we would not have appreciated if any of those exchanges were made public without my/their consent. Pan` response was measured and devoid of name calling. And no, Pan is not sponsoring my response here. I`m just posting my opinion - for the 2 cents it`s worth.

In the end, I think that the person/persons making this public hurt their own credibility and business far more than they hurt Pan`s.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Sjbiss liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

16,000 reasons to be favorable toward a product and 0 to dislike the product.
    Likes dwaleke, William_Wallace liked this post
    Dislikes Sjbiss disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    16,000 reasons to be favorable toward a product and 0 to dislike the product.
    Yeah, people get paid for that. He chooses not to review products that he says doesn`t measure up. Someone said here that his reviews are more like infomercials. Ok, so what? The products that I have seen reviewed are quality products from quality manufacturers. He describes the products and shows how they get applied. He`s posted the disclaimer about being sponsored. I wonder if the same companies feel 11.999 reasons to be ticked at him because on his own car he chose to use CQUARTZ UK and not their product, or that their product did not get into the top three in class for his yearly best of awards?
    Likes Sjbiss liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Bob I think you may be generalising when you believe he only `reviews quality products from quality manufacturers`... the amount of well publicised dud products he has given a glowing `review` to is startling. Secondly, he doesn`t actually `review` anything. The most he`ll do is demo application and then read the manufacturer`s blurb.

Mind you, as we`re fast learning I don`t think this forum is really the target market of PTO... I`d suggest it`s those who know very little and perhaps naïve or just starting out.

When you look around (and you do have to properly look) it`s clear that there is a gulf in `educational` quality compared to other channels despite PTO`s production quality being decent - depends what you`re looking for I suppose. I don`t enjoy ad breaks or watching the shopping channels and Pan is no different to those, albeit probably less informed.
    Likes dwaleke liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    Bob I think you may be generalising when you believe he only reviews `quality products from quality manufacturers`... he doesn`t actually `review` anything.

Mind you, as we`re fast learning I don`t think this forum is really the target market of PTO... I`d suggest it`s those who know very little and perhaps naïve or just starting out.

When you look around (the good ones aren`t as catchy or easy to find) there is a gulf in `educational` quality compared to other channels despite the production quality being decent - depends what you`re looking for I suppose, some people may find watching the shopping channels fun - those too are hosted by egotistical muppets who give one sided `opinions`.
    Don`t really disagree much. Well, if not reviews, he certainly explains/illustrates. I don`t see Pan`s target market as the pro detailers, he only presents the products. His channel is much more geared to the hobbyist or beginner totally new to detailing. But I think his "how to" demos are very good, but again, he`s not trying to teach pros how to detail an engine or apply a coating. But, of course you are correct there are more site available offering greater - detail - no pun intended. For what he is presenting, I think he does a very good job.
    Likes atbalfour liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    Yeah, people get paid for that. He chooses not to review products that he says doesn`t measure up. Someone said here that his reviews are more like infomercials. Ok, so what? The products that I have seen reviewed are quality products from quality manufacturers. He describes the products and shows how they get applied. He`s posted the disclaimer about being sponsored. I wonder if the same companies feel 11.999 reasons to be ticked at him because on his own car he chose to use CQUARTZ UK and not their product, or that their product did not get into the top three in class for his yearly best of awards?

Do you really think he`ll turn down $16K on a product even if he doesn`t really like it? No, he`ll smile and sell it and laugh all the way to the bank and then shake down the next company.

Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone calling out Underdog coating for this ````show?
    Likes Coatings=crack, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack, BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Probably some people are upset with underdog. It definitely hurts Pan big time but don’t worry Pans probably gonna release his own product line!!
    Thanks wannafbody thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    Is anyone calling out Underdog coating for this ````show?
    I missed the video. What did Undrdog do to be called out?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    I missed the video. What did Undrdog do to be called out?
    I thought they were the company that released pans rates to begin with

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information