Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to restore trim after NuFinish bleaching.

Blackfire wax remover

https://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-w...SABEgJhzvD_BwE

Mothers detail brushes

https://www.autogeek.net/mothers-detail-brush-set.html

Then use your Cerakote. If it’s good enough for Griots to cary under their name I guarantee it’s been through the ringer and is great stuff.

https://www.autogeek.net/griots-gara...iABEgLf6_D_BwE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    LOL, Accumulator, you go and use a word I not only don`t know the meaning of, I`ve never even heard of it! But I won`t go on in any length or detail,
    Sorry, didn`t mean to be inscrutible But OTOH, I guess it`s another way you can learn something new here everyday..even if it`s something you couldn`t care less about

EDIT: Hey, hold on...you *must* have seen that one from me before. You and I have been discussing so many things over so many years...

Quote Originally Posted by Eldario
    I’m a noob so I used what Scotty Kilmer on youtube recommended.
    Ah, OK...heh heh, yeah...gotta watch that "advice from the Internet"...even with regard to this place!

Hope you get that Staining sorted out, it can be a real PIA sometimes. I`ve even replaced trim when somebody used stuff I got tired of struggling with.

Post Thanks / Like

I used Back to black heavy duty trim cleaner and my trims looked like new for weeks. I attached the brush to small sawzall for faster brushing. I used 3 bottles . Rav4 has a lot of plastic trims.
    And I was rear ended and have to replace back bumper cover .
    Likes Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldario View Post
    I used Back to black heavy duty trim cleaner and my trims looked like new for weeks. I attached the brush to small sawzall for faster brushing. I used 3 bottles . ...
    WOW! Another "outside-the-box" application of a tool for detailing. I would like to know HOW you attach a brush to a sawzall and what particular sawzall model you are using to do this. Not sure, though, that some detailing tool manufacturer might see this "idea" as a viable and marketable tool for development, but I gotta give you kudos for doing it! The back-and-forth reciprocating motion of the sawzall is a great application for this type of brushing.

I am surprised that someone hasn`t thought of using an old electric tooth brush with a stiff bristle brush attachment to do this type of brushing as well.

WHICH brings me to the question of:
    For those of you Autopians who have the Rupe`s I-brid mini polisher, do any of you use the brush attachments for cleaning exterior trim like this or for ANY detailing cleaning tasks requiring brushes (carpets, seat fabric, interior plastic trim)??
    (My apologies to the original Poster (OP), Eldario, of this thread for hi-jacking this discussion and deflecting it to a different, but related, subject.)

Here`s an attached link to a thread I started on this very question of restoring faded black trim:
    https://www.autopia.org/forums/car-d...highlight=trim
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I used small Bosch 12V sawzall and taped the brush to the blade. Really efficient.
    for bathtub I use impact drill with a brush attachment. I try to find electric tool to cut down on every elbow grease.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldario View Post
    I used small Bosch 12V sawzall and taped the brush to the blade. Really efficient.
    for bathtub I use impact drill with a brush attachment. I try to find electric tool to cut down on every elbow grease.
    I like your thinking out of the box but this has already gotten you in trouble with this trim debacle. You are taking a huge risk using a brush on a sawzall blade near your cars paint, glass, and trim. Please use the proper tools and products from this point forward. Im saying this as a big brother who cares about your car, not trying to be a dick.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Scotty is indeed the king of clickbait but I enjoy his videos too. I`d recommend this place for detailing advice though.
    His mechanical advice is dang near as bad as his detailing advice. Hes entertaining but that is about it. He says SO much stuff wrong or misleading to someone who doesnt know how wrong he is
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

I taped off all the paint and the brush was in contact only with plastic trims.
    I am very grateful for advice from this and other forums.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information