Post Thanks / Like

Last Coat ceramic coating

Has anybody used Last Coat? It looks inexpensive, simple, and promising.

Edit: I might point out that I`ve been a Duragloss `fan` since 2015, but these ceramic coatings seem very interesting and a professional ceramic coating is to rich for my wallet, especially after recently replacing the frame in my truck due to severe rust through.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Last Coat ceramic coating

Ceramic coatings are a tricky subject to me. If on a garaged and well cared for car, they`re fine in my eyes. On my customers cars that I`ve tried, they all look rough after a year ( I may see the car once or twice in that span). The durable ones seem easily etched. Then you have expensive spray on ones that in my eyes offer little more than a catchy word beyond a good sealant. If you`re curious, look in to the spray and rinse ones. Some are pretty good, they`re all easy to apply and don`t last forever. I think durable protection is a good thing but I would like to be able to remove it easily if it starts looking bad. Some of these coatings are down right terrible to remove once they start looking bad.

Post Thanks / Like

I see these spray on ceramic sealants as an alternative to wax and wax like sealants. They sure seem much easier to apply. I`m torn between F11 Top Coat and Last Coat, but leaning towards the Last Coat. I hoped for some feedback here to see what others thought. :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiVor View Post
    I see these spray on ceramic sealants as an alternative to wax and wax like sealants. They sure seem much easier to apply. I`m torn between F11 Top Coat and Last Coat, but leaning towards the Last Coat. I hoped for some feedback here to see what others thought. :-)
    Avoid F11 ... I haven`t heard anything good about it from "real life" users.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes MiVor, Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

F11 comes off in one wash. Don`t bother, it`s snake oil.

Post Thanks / Like

You may want to lookup "auto detailing podcast" on the YouTubes and his cheap vs expensive testes. There are some interesting outcomes on many of these products.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ2mXKr8Wg0

Post Thanks / Like

I thought about responding before but think about the time it takes to install a coating. I`d rather spend that several hours (more with prep) and use a product that I know is solid than save 50% and hope a product lasts. CQuartz UK 3.0 isn`t that expensive, especially with a 25% discount (frequent) and it is a known commodity that gives solid 18-24 mo protection with proper maintenance.

And so far the spray coatings are more like 6-12 mo if you`re lucky and likely only 12 mo when you add toppers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I thought about responding before but think about the time it takes to install a coating. I`d rather spend that several hours (more with prep) and use a product that I know is solid than save 50% and hope a product lasts. CQuartz UK 3.0 isn`t that expensive, especially with a 25% discount (frequent) and it is a known commodity that gives solid 18-24 mo protection with proper maintenance.

And so far the spray coatings are more like 6-12 mo if you`re lucky and likely only 12 mo when you add toppers.
    Well I`m just `Joe Average` detailer of my own vehicles and like wax and polymer sealants, I wouldn`t really expect a spray on ceramic to last anymore than 4-6 months. So I`m thinking a good double coat application spring, summer, and fall. I just hope I can find the gumption for the required prep work! (wash, clay, polish, alcohol wipe down....whew).
    Likes dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well I`m just `Joe Average` detailer of my own vehicles and like wax and polymer sealants, I wouldn`t really expect a spray on ceramic to last anymore than 4-6 months. So I`m thinking a good double coat application spring, summer, and fall. I just hope I can find the gumption for the required prep work! (wash, clay, polish, alcohol wipe down....whew).
    I did that last year with Gyeon CanCoat and decided to go with CQUK 3.0/SiC on my DD this year but will continue with a sealant on my son’s and wife’s cars.
    Likes MiVor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I did that last year with Gyeon CanCoat and decided to go with CQUK 3.0/SiC on my DD this year but will continue with a sealant on my son’s and wife’s cars.
    What intrigues me about the spray ceramic is that once you get past the pain of initial prep, if you stay on top of it, application is quick and easy compared to other rub yer butt off products. (I had good results with Duragloss Aquawax on top of their Total Performance Polish except the durability was limited and I think a ceramic seems like it would be better).
    Likes dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Use a coating lite product. Sits in between Sio2 sealants and lite coatings. Most get 9-15 months out of them,

Cquartz lite, Gyeon Cancoat and Wolfgang spray coating can all be purchased from Autopia if you wanna support the forum your using.

Others that i’ve tried and get good reviews are Adams graphene spray coating and Tac systems Moonlight.

All have been tried by various members here and are proven by real world detailers/hobbiests.

F11 and the Last Coat seem to be well marketed Sio2 sealants. I’ve read good initial reactions about the Last Coat but haven’t seen anything longterm.

Stick with what works....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes MiVor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Also just watched video Troy posted and you’ll see better beading than What the last coat had on that Video.

I’d put Gyeon Cancoat against anything seen on that video are available through facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes atbalfour, MiVor liked this post

Thread Information