Post Thanks / Like

Blank Slate-What Would You Do

In a few weeks I`ll be taking delivery of a new vehicle ( black SUV) and am trying to decide on what products to use on it. Vehicle is garage kept except when working. The only thing I have ruled out ( I think) is a coating since I like to experiment but its not out of the question. I normally don`t go more than 2 weeks between washes.

Products I currently own:
    Xtreme Solutions PolySeal,Topper,Finale polish,403 Foam Pad Polishing Glaze
    PS Beadmaker
    Collinite 845
    Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray
    Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant
    Wolfgang Glaze

I wouldn`t be opposed to a coating but I don`t want to be locked in to only using certain products for maintenance.

Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blank Slate-What Would You Do

Shine Supply Clutch

Polish Angel:

Cosmic Spritz
    Black Wulfenite
    High Gloss
    Rapid Waxx

Griots Ceramic 3-1

Kamikaze Over Coat.

Also Adams Graphene Spray Coating. Not as strong as most coating/coating lite products but Awesome hydrophobics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks..Ive never tried anything from Adams so I will give the graphene spray a look. Same with Polish Angel.

Post Thanks / Like

Adam`s wheel cleaner, works good and is a lot cheaper than Iron X or most other iron removers.

Gyeon Bathe is a great soap.
    For cleaning the dash and interior surfaces I like Gtechniq Tri-Clean.

I`d even suggest thinking about keeping a sprayer with waterless wash an a few MF`s in the back just incase you`re out and get some nasty bird droppings or something. Wolfgang Uber Rinseless & Adam`s are my favorite waterless products.
    Likes Lone Wolf liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lone Wolf:
    One suggestion that I think MOST Autopians would make on taking delivery of a new vehicle is asking the dealership if you can forego their pre-delivery new-vehicle preparation and YOU do it yourself. Depends on how much you trust the dealership, but many new vehicle exterior and interior cosmetic "imperfections" are the result of less-than-careful and unacceptable (IE, not-to-Autopian "standards") vehicle cleaning and prep detailing methodologies.
    Part of the "problem" is YOU paid for this service already. I do not know of any dealership that does not have an "Added Dealership Fee" included to the purchase price of the vehicle on the window sticker sheet for their "additional" services. Services as I was told like the fore-mentioned pre-delivery cleanup, state licensing and title paperwork processing, and, as one dealer told me, inventory expenses (snow removal, test-driving vehicle insurance, car lot lights and security, and now COVID clean-up after test drives; things I would expect are part of car dealership business overhead and built into the "normal" Manufacturer`s Suggested Retail Price (Vehicle Sticker MSRP), but apparently not because they want YOU to pay or it.)
    I would definitely negotiate the pre-delivery thing to allow you to do it. If you cannot do this because of requirements by the manufacturers and their dealership for liability reasons and last-step quality control (IE, they absolutely refuse you to do this) , then "negotiate" a pre-delivery customer inspection which will allow you to carefully look over your new vehicle of dealership-installed cosmetic "problems`. Things like swirls from improper washing, or scratches from protective plastic wrap removal (the car lot jockey wore their BIG Invecta watch or some cosmetic rings or bracelets and snagged it on the leather seats or fender panel). Don`t be afraid to bring a bright hand-held LED flashlight to inspect everywhere. If they balk at that, then ask to be present when they do their pre-delivery prep and go through the dealership inspection and pre-delivery sheet with them.

One way to negotiate this "Added Dealer Fee" is to charge them the SAME amount for the display of their dealership name on YOUR vehicle, usually in the form of a rear sticker or placard and/or license plate frame with their name on it. Since you are driving around with this on, it is like advertising for them. Nothing is "free" anymore and if they balk at that, ask them to "kindly remove" their name from YOUR vehicle. They want to play ball with you, play by the rules.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Yes sir already have that covered. My sales guy is a detailer too so he understands lol. He said he wont even let them take the plastic off until I get there. At this point I just need to figure out what to put on the paint.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    Yes sir already have that covered. My sales guy is a detailer too so he understands lol. He said he wont even let them take the plastic off until I get there. At this point I just need to figure out what to put on the paint.
    Good for you!
    I assume when you say "take delivery" of a new black SUV, you will own it and not lease it, and hence your LSP topper question is one of concern to protect the exterior, enhance the overall appearance of said black color, increase the clear-coat life expectancy (IE longevity) and make it user-friendly for its application by you because you plan on having this black SUV for some time.

Most Autopians will probably recommend some type of true (NOT a spray) ceramic or graphene coating. Depends if you like to wax or seal your new SUV on a "more frequent" basis with what you have on hand OR if you want to make the (sizable) investment in purchasing said coatings and then apply them and sit back and enjoy much-less laborious vehicle appearance (exterior detailing) maintenance requirements.
    Black is pain to keep clean and looking good, but you knew that going in.
    My suggestion? Look at Merlin`s Enchanted Concours Wax for your black SUV. It`s a hybrid (there is a marketing buzz word!) of both the "wax" and "coating" worlds
    See the threads: Review: Merlins Enchanted Concours Wax
    Merlins Wax
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    Yep definitely keep the plastic on. That`s what I had them do with my mom`s car. I removed it myself. Get some Valugard New Car Prep to aid with that process so there are no scratches.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.
    Likes Lone Wolf liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Good for you!
    I assume when you say "take delivery" of a new black SUV, you will own it and not lease it, and hence your LSP topper question is one of concern to protect the exterior, enhance the overall appearance of said black color, increase the clear-coat life expectancy (IE longevity) and make it user-friendly for its application by you because you plan on having this black SUV for some time.
    Yes this will be a purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Most Autopians will probably recommend some type of true (NOT a spray) ceramic or graphene coating. Depends if like to wax or seal your new SUV on a "more frequent" basis with what you have on hand OR if you want to make the (sizable) investment in purchasing said coatings and then apply them and sit back and enjoy much-less laborious vehicle appearance (exterior detailing) maintenance requirements.
    Black is pain to keep clean and looking good, but you knew that going in.
    My suggestion? Look at Merlin`s Enchanted Concours Wax for your black SUV. It`s a hybrid (there is a marketing buzz word!) of both the "wax" and "coating" worlds
    See the threads: Review: Merlins Enchanted Concours Wax
    Merlins Wax
    Yes so thats the rub. I like the "waxing" process even if its just a spray wax. Longevity isn`t a concern since Im out applying product all the time...mostly because its relaxing.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lone Wolf - Heh, in the spring/summer, the daily`s may get washed twice a week.

I`m in the same boat and this is what I have planned for me

wheels - coated
    interior leather - coated

exterior. Not a fan of PPF but due to cv19, and car will be parked in parking garages @ times, I will PPF the hood, and side mirrors.
    Parking attendants love running their hands on the hoods and door panels...comes with the territory...

After that, it will be coated as well....but hey, it can be polished off so coating is not going to be a stopper should you choose to reverse.

I`m somewhere 50/50 on what I want to do with the trim.

I`ve coated seats and there is a subtle (golden eye sheen, feel and color shift). If you ain`t pickeeee..you might not even notice
    It definitely by far does help clean the seats way easier IMO.

Thread Information