Post Thanks / Like

Anyone use Car Pro Lift?

Asked this over on AGO and got crickets....figured I`d try here. Gonna finally get to wash my truck next week.....and was looking for a good pre-wash. I know some people are gonna say that it`s not necessary, or that it`s not that effective, but I plan on doing it anyway. I saw a video for this stuff, and was wondering if anyone here used it, and if so, how did it work for you?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone use Car Pro Lift?

I have not used it but have use Bilt hamber Autofoam a really popular alkaline pre foam from the UK.

Alkaline cleaners (Lift is alkaline) definitely clean better than ph neutral snow foams.

Will not work as a touchless wash as not much will but will cut through the grime.

Be careful though alkaline cleaners can remove sealants and waxes or at least damage them.

I used an alkaline wash (mckee’s coating prep wash) to decon my paint once every 2-3 months with maybe the BH autofoam once a month.

Would remove toppers as well but bo noticeable affects to the coating.

Just a couple of last things. They’re are reviews on Lift from detailing world and not much love for it. If you want to give BH AF a try their is a us supplier now just google it. About $40 for a gallon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I have not used it but have use Bilt hamber Autofoam a really popular alkaline pre foam from the UK.

Alkaline cleaners (Lift is alkaline) definitely clean better than ph neutral snow foams.

Will not work as a touchless wash as not much will but will cut through the grime.

Be careful though alkaline cleaners can remove sealants and waxes or at least damage them.

I used an alkaline wash (mckee’s coating prep wash) to decon my paint once every 2-3 months with maybe the BH autofoam once a month.

Would remove toppers as well but bo noticeable affects to the coating.

Just a couple of last things. They’re are reviews on Lift from detailing world and not much love for it. If you want to give BH AF a try their is a us supplier now just google it. About $40 for a gallon

Thanks for the input......I watched a video review from Car Craft Auto Detailing....he seemed to like it. Based on that, I bought a small bottle from Car Pro......will report how it works (or doesn`t)
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

So....finally got to use it. I`d have some before/after pics....but it`s cloudy here and the truck is a dark color. I used it at 10:1 in my MTM PF22, and let it dwell for about 3 minutes. It did a decent job, and worked as well as I would have expected. It took a lot of the major crud off, which you could see if you watched the foam run off. For now, it will be my go-to for a pre-wash, until maybe I try some Bilt Hamber Touchless....as soon as its available in the U.S.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    So....finally got to use it. I`d have some before/after pics....but it`s cloudy here and the truck is a dark color. I used it at 10:1 in my MTM PF22, and let it dwell for about 3 minutes. It did a decent job, and worked as well as I would have expected. It took a lot of the major crud off, which you could see if you watched the foam run off. For now, it will be my go-to for a pre-wash, until maybe I try some Bilt Hamber Touchless....as soon as its available in the U.S.
    Try BH AutoFoam? Works great and available in US.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve got some on the way as an undercarriage and pre wash. Cause I needed another damn product!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone use Car Pro Lift?

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I’ve got some on the way as an undercarriage and pre wash. Cause I needed another damn product!
    You’ll like it. It’s good stuff. Just be careful. Long thread on DW talking about how it strips LSP’s.

Worked great on my CqUk3.

Interested in touch less as well but feel it’s probably strips LSP as it’s suppose to prepare paint for touch on (LSP soap)

Likes dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m still gonna wait for the BH Touchless....saw a good video on the Forensic Detailing Channel about it

Thread Information