Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried Leather World Top Coat?

I searched here and the other detailing site for information on this and can’t seem to find a single person who’s tried this product. It’s the parent company of the popular Leather Masters line.

It promises to restore the top coat as leather seats become worn, which I think is important as my seats are no longer perfect. It would be nice to restore that coating as it continues to wear.

https://leatherworldtech.com/top-coat/
    BMW M240i | Mineral White | Coral Red
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has anyone tried Leather World Top Coat?

I researched a ton about leather conditioners recently and I read a few posts for Leather Doctor. Well, after reading some of the Leather Doctor forum posts, the repairs were especially impressive, I decided to order the Leather Doctors AP3 kit. His posts make a lot of sense on how to care for leather whether that be cheap coated leather, aniline, etc. Roger Koh seems to be a master or in this case a doctor and the various products make sense in how he suggests they be used. I just ordered the kit and it just shipped so I don’t have anything to report except to maybe check out the Leather Doc forum as another option to consider.

I did just clean the “leather” (ivory color) of my 2012 Acura TL with Connolly Hide Cleaner and it did pretty well but I hope the Leather Doctors will help better address some mild blue jean transfer and a small dent (BB-size) in the leather of the left rear seat. As well as the Protector B/D to protect the leather in the future. The B is for seats to put a protective barrier to reduce friction getting in and out. And the D is for steering wheels and gear shifts and has more of a draggy feeling to ensure a good grip. Like I said, when reading on the forum in detail, the many steps of the various products make sense. And since they are only for semi-annual cleaning or special circumstances, the main products you’d use regularly are Rinse 3.0 (ph of 3.0) and the Protector B/D combo.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

While I do think that the Leather Doctor/Roger is great (still my fave), I`d just let it wear. Even the "you gotta replace that!" interior in the Tahoe has held up just fine despite being in awful condition: it just doesn`t get worse as long as I keep it clean. YMMV of course, and I`m not that Autopian about such stuff, but still...

dgage- Any idea whether they still offer all their Protectants in *unscented* versions? I like them, but prefer that they don`t leave things smelling like a luggage store.

Sure hope you like the Leather Doctor stuff as much as I do! I hardly ever need to use it (just use an Interior QD 99.9999% of the time), but it`s sure good stuff, and Roger can indeed give ya an education.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    dgage- Any idea whether they still offer all their Protectants in *unscented* versions? I like them, but prefer that they don`t leave things smelling like a luggage store.
    I ordered mine with a scent but they do indeed sell unscented as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both!

I work in automotive so I have access to scrap seats. I decided to just order the Top Coat and give it a go for $25. I’ll update once I get a chance to try it out.
    BMW M240i | Mineral White | Coral Red
    Likes Stokdgs, dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

BluBrett- If you get a chance, post back about what you end up doing and how it works out. I`m hoping that your experience is as hassle-free as mine had been in this regard, but if you *do* really have to do something big, I *really* hope that it works OK.

QUOTE=dgage;2181909]I ordered mine with a scent but they do indeed sell unscented as well.[/QUOTE] Oh good! Thanks for confirming that.

Thread Information