Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Unopened Coating shelf life

I always have had great results with the Optimum big syringes.. Being a syringe, it allows you to purge all the air out of it when you press the plunger. And all their syringes I have ever used stayed air tight.
    Then I just put the plug on the end of the syringe, put it in the envelope it came in, in one of my garage cabinets. Went years before they ever started to harden a little.
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    I think it`s more wiser to call the manuf. and see what they say. Sure there are grey area answers when it comes to chems, but freezing product .......and then using a frozen/defrozen product, honestly, I would have some serious hesitation to do . If I was freezing apc or something more superficial to be used as a spray/wipe and rinse, sure. But freezing coating and then using it down the road ? I Dunno....I`d rather break out a benji than use frozen/thawed coating on paint. Maybe less hesitation on wheels.
    Yeah, I’m not sure how I feel about freezing, since it’s generally the ultimate no-no for non-coating LSPs and what got me to originally keep my products inside the house. But’s it’s quite interesting to hear these experiences from others. I appreciate them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I assume the coating freezes then, or is it high enough solvent/alcohol percentage that it does not?
    I haven’t seen any freeze I had a bottle of csl get cloudy. You got me thinking I went and checked on my stash they are all normal looking and moved into fridge the opti clear coat restorer I left I had bought that a while back to do couple sets of wheels right when it came out and it’s been in there ever since. I think it has real short shelf life and is probably bad by now.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep mine in the garage. Nothing special.

I had two OPENED (but closed) left-over coatings that a friend had sent me. One was 2 -part IGl, and the other was Cquartz Ti (the older version from years ago). They must have sat at least 6 months after I received them. Used them as samples to test out on my daily driver. One of them had formed crystal like stuff around the bottle top opening. Carefully removed those. Inside was still liquid enough for me to try. Over a year later on the car, they`re still going. Probably not at their peak performance, either now or when first applied, but still, pretty good.

Might be one of those YMMV deals.
    Likes The Guz, William_Wallace liked this post
    Thanks acuRAS82, William_Wallace thanked for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information