Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question on new paint

Quote Originally Posted by dogma View Post
    Well i ordered M305 and the package came in today with the top off ,so it was all over the place when it was delivered . So I looked to see what I have .
    I have OCW, Zaino, Prima Amigo, Sonos acrylic glaze, WOWO`s show stopper, PB white diamond. I know the OCW is ok for new paint, but what about the other products? And i also found some Danase wet glaze about 1/2 a bottle
    You must have bought that wet glaze when you joined this forum.

Post Thanks / Like

yes, I did. I am even sure how old it is. I also found some red moose glaze and vanilla moose glaze.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dogma:
    Do you know if your paint was "baked" in paint curing chamber or with heat lamps?? Yes, it makes a "difference" in how the paint and clear coat cure and what products you use "immediately" afterward and how fast your paint will cure (harden) completely.
    I must concur with others in this thread to ask the painter/body shop what type and manufacturer of the paint and clear coat was used and what their recommendations are for care and products that can (or better "should") be used on your fresh paint.

Maybe some someone should start a thread about aftermarket paint types and manufacturer`s.
    Matching the paint color, the "texture" or finish of the vehicles OEM paint, its thickness (important on door jams where seals rub against. You do NOT want it too thin!), and its hardness has to be daunting to a painter/body shop.
    I often wonder on paint manufacturer compatibility and if there are any "problems" from mixing OEM paints with aftermarket body paints . Painters and body shops usually have their preference as to which paint/clear coat manufacturer they prefer with a number of factors/characteristics to consider, like:
    1) Cost
    2) Availability (domestic USA production or foreign ,which might be problematic with "Trade Wars or Embargoes")
    3a) Compatibility with shop paint equipment
    3b) Paint flow and coverage on panels (IE, easy to work with)
    4) Color matching technology and mixing equipment
    6) Curability (time ,method, and/or hardness)
    7) Ease of wet sanding and buffing for final surface finish or texture
    8) Manufacturer`s warranty
    9) Government environmental conformity (IE, not available in California)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Do you know if your paint was "baked" in paint curing chamber or with heat lamps?? Yes, it makes a "difference" in how the paint and clear coat cure and what products you use "immediately" afterward and how fast your paint will cure (harden) completely.
    Did you ever personally experience any big diff from the baking? I haven`t...but then I err on the side of caution anyhow and might not`ve noticed. I`ve had baked (and yeah, it was *HOT* in there!) paint take as long as 6 months to fully harden up! I actually checked that they didn`t mix it wrong...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information