Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Merlins Wax

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    232
    Post Thanks / Like

    Merlins Wax

    Anybody tried it?
    What do you think of it if you have?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    2,029
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Merlins Wax

    For those "interested" in this wax, please see the linked thread on Merlin`s Concour`s Wax used on a black 2002 Bentley Arnage:
    https://www.autopia.org/forums/click...ml#post2176533
    Yes, it is Merlin`s own proprietary "formulation" wax blend.
    Sorry, no link to the company due to forum rules, so if you Google search Merlin`s Enchanted Concours Wax you will find it. It is "separate" from his detailing business, A Miracle Detailing.
    GB detailer
    Likes Mary B liked this post
    Thanks acuRAS82, Mary B thanked for this post

  3. #3
    Dr Oldz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,197
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Merlins Wax

    I have had the fortune to trying this wax out. I’ll be posting my thoughts about in a few days.

    I will say that if you like a traditional paste wax, this is a must have.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

  4. #4
    acuRAS82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,041
    Post Thanks / Like

    Merlins Wax

    Looks like it is a 99%+ graphene infused blend. Interesting. I have too many carnauba beauty waxes but am still in the game for ones with good protection and water behavior. Which maybe this has?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    232
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Merlins Wax

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    For those "interested" in this wax, please see the linked thread on Merlin`s Concour`s Wax used on a black 2002 Bentley Arnage:
    https://www.autopia.org/forums/click...ml#post2176533
    Yes, it is Merlin`s own proprietary "formulation" wax blend.
    Sorry, no link to the company due to forum rules, so if you Google search Merlin`s Enchanted Concours Wax you will find it. It is "separate" from his detailing business, A Miracle Detailing.
    I was ONLY interested in info on its performance from people here on the forum who have ACTUALLY used it-- thats all
    Was not looking for info on where to buy- I already know where & how to buy

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    232
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Merlins Wax

    Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    . I have too many carnauba beauty waxes
    Which one of those do you like the best?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,332
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Merlins Wax

    Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Looks like it is a 99%+ graphene infused blend. Interesting. I have too many carnauba beauty waxes but am still in the game for ones with good protection and water behavior. Which maybe this has?
    Are their different purities of graphene? Maybe he’s talking about the carnauba? Can’t be percetage amounts....Description is vague...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    2,029
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Merlins Wax

    Quote Originally Posted by re-tired View Post
    I was ONLY interested in info on its performance from people here on the forum who have ACTUALLY used it-- thats all
    Was not looking for info on where to buy- I already know where & how to buy
    My intent was to give some background info to those Autopians and guest viewers who may be wondering "What is Merlin Wax?" and a link to its actual application and appearance on detailed vehicle, albeit done on a high-end Bentley by one of the world`s best detailers. I am not compensated in any way, monetarily or with Merlin`s Wax product, for what appears to be an endorsement or selling of his wax. As stated, it is just background info for those who are interested, nor do I think it is in the category of "More-than you-really-wanted-to-know"

    I understand the reason for your starting of this thread: you want experience, opinions, and longevity performance of those who ACTUALLY bought and have used Merlin`s Wax on their own vehicles or those of trusted clients. My apology for not meeting that criteria and any appearance to "side-jacking" this thread on you.
    GB detailer
    Likes Oneheadlite, Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

  9. #9
    acuRAS82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,041
    Post Thanks / Like

    Merlins Wax

    Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Are their different purities of graphene? Maybe he’s talking about the carnauba? Can’t be percetage amounts....Description is vague...
    Yeah I dunno what it means, I was kind of assuming a purity level but it’s hard to say.

    “High volume of Premium Carnauba
    99.98% pure Graphene infused...

    Excellent Sheeting and Beading
    Durability: Very Good”

  10. #10
    acuRAS82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,041
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Merlins Wax

    Quote Originally Posted by re-tired View Post
    Which one of those do you like the best?
    Sorry, I wasn’t purposely ignoring this, Injust have trouble answering it. I have numerous favorites depending on what paint I have seen each on and what I’m looking to achieve. I find it almost impossible to answer. I’ll put some more thought into it though.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

  11. #11
    JustJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Merlins Wax

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    My intent was to give some background info to those Autopians and guest viewers who may be wondering ...

    I understand the reason for your starting of this thread: you want experience, opinions, and longevity performance of those who ACTUALLY bought and have used Merlin`s Wax on their own vehicles or those of trusted clients. My apology for not meeting that criteria and any appearance to "side-jacking" this thread on you.
    Hey, Lonnie - thanks for the info, actually. I knew he had his own wax, and nothing more. So thanks for posting the other info!
    Likes Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

  12. #12
    William_Wallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    382
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Merlins Wax

    That cool I checked it out his prices aren’t bad. When reading I think the graphene used is the 99% graphene with very little other elements/material when he added the black graphene in. Is it something like how gold has Different %s

    I was looking at buying some graphene a little while back and all the graphemes for sale had a percentage of purity attached and then size in some kind of nano measurement prob how long the piece were. It also had a measurement on how many layers thick the graphene was. I saw some graphene was a 1-3 layer with a size in some type of nano measurement
    Likes Mary B liked this post

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    232
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Merlins Wax

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    My intent was to give some background info to those Autopians and guest viewers who may be wondering "What is Merlin Wax?" and a link to its actual application and appearance on detailed vehicle, albeit done on a high-end Bentley by one of the world`s best detailers. I am not compensated in any way, monetarily or with Merlin`s Wax product, for what appears to be an endorsement or selling of his wax. As stated, it is just background info for those who are interested, nor do I think it is in the category of "More-than you-really-wanted-to-know"

    I understand the reason for your starting of this thread: you want experience, opinions, and longevity performance of those who ACTUALLY bought and have used Merlin`s Wax on their own vehicles or those of trusted clients. My apology for not meeting that criteria and any appearance to "side-jacking" this thread on you.
    OK

    I never thought of it that way

    We good??
    Likes Lonnie, Oneheadlite liked this post

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    2,029
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Merlins Wax

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I have had the fortune to trying this wax out. I’ll be posting my thoughts about in a few days.

    I will say that if you like a traditional paste wax, this is a must have.
    Thanks, Dr. Oldz! Looking forward to your highly-respected and valued (at least to me!) thoughts and opinions on this wax and the comparison to the other (many?) waxes in your detailing collection/arsenal/inventory/stash (pick a descriptor) There are a few of us Autopian "wax aficionados" and you are one of those.

    I guess the appeal to me it is just that: a wax. I like the characteristic wax-on-wax-off application and removal that is ingrained in my detailing methodology that I am comfortable and familiar with.
    Now if this wax has the characteristics and properties of water beading, unparalleled reflectivity, and longevity that is unique to graphene, who wouldn`t be interested in this wax in some way. And ,no, I did not know that this wax was "graphene infused".
    GB detailer
    Likes Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

  15. #15
    JustJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Merlins Wax

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Thanks, Dr. Oldz! Looking forward to your highly-respected and valued (at least to me!) thoughts and opinions on this wax and the comparison to the other (many?) waxes
    YES! it is many, many!

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Likes Mary B liked this post

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •