Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Merlins Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Merlins Wax

Well- I bit the bullet & purchased some- Although its a tad pricey compared to regular "paste wax" which this is no "regular wax"- its less than half the price of the PA high gloss paste, and less than 1/10th of the price of some of those ridiculous paste waxes that us regular folks will never buy ($1000 to $2000 ). This glass jar was less than a C note.
    Now as far as my opinion / thoughts- I highly doubt that it will mean much to anyone on the forum, but I will post them anyway.
    1) Two size options 125ml for $59or 200ml for $89- I chose the latter
    2) The 200ml container is a 3.5" glass squat jar with a black screw on lid and a gold label on the bottom with product info- also comes with a paper sheet with detailed instructions for application.
    3) The product is a light olive / drab green with a fairly stiff consistency and a fragrance that smeels exactly like one of those smelly candles my ole lady burns occasionally - just couldnt tell what one it was by name-but it dont smell bad @ all--( unlike what I hear the fusso soft 99 stinks like ). Comes with a micro fiber applicator which is recommended over a foam applicator.
    4) A little goes a long way- really
    5) Application was a bit more work as was wipe off- which is REQUIRED
    immediately after apply it-- do a smaller section , the wipe right off. I kept a HQMFT with me to wipe off right away.

Results--
    I was pleasantly surprised at the overall results- It really made the paint pop- the metallic was more noticeable and overall brightness was increased.
    Have yet to find anything yet that is as slick to the touch as this-- and I have tried A LOT of `em, and spend A LOT of $ on products-- just about everything PA has, Kenotek SRS- you name it-- this is slicker. It beads better than everything else also-- now its only been two days- so I cannot attest what so ever about longevity . If it lasts 2 or 3 months- I will be happy. Back in the 70`s & 80`s I used everything under the sun I could find and NEVER got more than a couple weeks out of anything ( my harsh soaps probably played a huge part in that )

So overall right now I am happy with it- and have zero regrets on my purchase
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack, Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by re-tired View Post
    Now as far as my opinion / thoughts- I highly doubt that it will mean much to anyone on the forum, but I will post them anyway.
    Why would you think forum members wouldn’t care for your thoughts on this?

Thanks for the review. It was useful and informative to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if it’s coating friendly i.e. it will bond?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

@Merlin where you at? we got Qs.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    @Merlin where you at? we got Qs.

I am here, but I have stayed out of the thread (until now, to answer your questions).
    I am not one for blowing my own horn (because it sounds like self-serving marketing).

I am happy to answer any detailing related questions that I can.
    (application, removal, longevity, hydrophobicity, look, feel etc.)

...Please remember I am not a chemist or a graphene scientist.
    For that I have had the honor of connecting with some the best in the industry.
    (more on that later)

I will state that this is not another re-bottled/relabeled generic car wax.
    It took me years to obtain this formula and I am very proud of my results.

It is a unique formula that is hand crafted and poured in very small quantities.
    It is time consuming, fairly expensive and many of the contents are difficult obtain.

It is based on the simple idea to out perform the ever growing list of relabeled cookie cutter products.
    My goal is to create an amazing paste wax for those few true enthusiasts that can tell the difference.

I hope you like it.

AMiracleDetailing.com
    YouTube - Facebook - Instagram
    Likes Coatings=crack, Tc99m, mc2hill, Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

@Merlin
    Any idea or experience with topping it on coatings?

I know durability claims are complete guesses but any idea how long this lasts in FL on a dd? A wild guess is hood enough for me, I’ll probably purchase a tin regardless.

Does the graphene infusion create decent water behavior?

Post Thanks / Like

@Merlin
    Any idea or experience with topping it on coatings?
    In my personal experience waxes and coatings do not mix.
    I have found that a wax (any wax including spray wax) will degrade the properties of a ceramic coating.
    For ceramic coatings there are products that contain Sio2 that are made specifically as a booster for coatings.

I know durability claims are complete guesses but any idea how long this lasts in FL on a dd?
    A wild guess is hood enough for me, I’ll probably purchase a tin regardless.
    I have applied Merlin`s concours wax to my black truck (and the hood) that sits outside in south FL 24/7.
    I did this over 2 months ago and although it is still working...It appears it may be getting time to apply it again.

Does the graphene infusion create decent water behavior?
    Yes, one of the main properties of a quality graphene is hydrophobic properties.
    Originally (during my R&D) I created two versions of Merlin`s concours wax.
    One without graphene and one version that was graphene infused.
    The one with graphene was more hydrophobic and (although slightly) it had a bit more shine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Are there different purities of graphene? Maybe he’s talking about the carnauba? Can’t be percentage amounts....The description is vague...
    Yes, there are many types and purities of graphene.
    Here is a little info on the graphene we use.

According to research in the journal Advanced Materials, 60% percent of "Graphene" products are actually using Graphite, Graphene Oxide, or reduced Graphene Oxide. The Graphene we use is made from 99.98% pure synthetic graphite. We use true single layer Graphene (1LG), which has been tested drawing from the UK National Physics Labs Good Practice guide for characterization of Graphene.

The Graphene we use is made from 99.98% pure synthetic graphite using a unique proprietary Voltrolic exfoliation process. This unique method leaves a latent charge on the graphene, which allows it to stay densely suspended.

DISCLAIMER: Do NOT put an elephant on the hood of your car!

I hope this helps answer your questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by re-tired View Post
    Well- I bit the bullet & purchased some- Although its a tad pricey compared to regular "paste wax" which this is no "regular wax"- its less than half the price of the PA high gloss paste, and less than 1/10th of the price of some of those ridiculous paste waxes that us regular folks will never buy ($1000 to $2000 ). This glass jar was less than a C note.
    1) Two size options 125ml for $59or 200ml for $89- I chose the latter
    2) The 200ml container is a 3.5" glass squat jar with a black screw on lid and a gold label on the bottom with product info- also comes with a paper sheet with detailed instructions for application.
    3) The product is a light olive / drab green with a fairly stiff consistency and a fragrance that smeels exactly like one of those smelly candles my ole lady burns occasionally - just couldnt tell what one it was by name-but it dont smell bad @ all--( unlike what I hear the fusso soft 99 stinks like ). Comes with a micro fiber applicator which is recommended over a foam applicator.
    4) A little goes a long way- really
    5) Application was a bit more work as was wipe off- which is REQUIRED
    immediately after apply it-- do a smaller section , the wipe right off. I kept a HQMFT with me to wipe off right away.

Results--
    I was pleasantly surprised at the overall results- It really made the paint pop- the metallic was more noticeable and overall brightness was increased.
    Have yet to find anything yet that is as slick to the touch as this-- and I have tried A LOT of `em, and spend A LOT of $ on products-- just about everything PA has, Kenotek SRS- you name it-- this is slicker. It beads better than everything else also-- now its only been two days- so I cannot attest what so ever about longevity . If it lasts 2 or 3 months- I will be happy. Back in the 70`s & 80`s I used everything under the sun I could find and NEVER got more than a couple weeks out of anything ( my harsh soaps probably played a huge part in that )

So overall right now I am happy with it- and have zero regrets on my purchase
    "Thank you, thank you, thank you" (OK Captain Obvious, you can quit doing your Gomer Pyle impression!) re-tired for the purchase and subjective review of Merlin`s Wax. Yes, your "opinion" matters greatly, especially with you extensive experience with other waxes.

I think the last statement says it all: no regrets on the purchase.

To Merlin I would say it might be time to consider upping your production capacity after a review like this. Then again, your statement about have difficulty procuring the needed chemical/materials for this wax may necessitate exclusivity and limit availability anyway.
    Thank you for making this highly unique and special wax available and affordable to us "mere mortal" detailing Autopians.
    (Ferrari performance at a Corvette price!)
    GB detailer
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Thanks re-tired thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Merlins Wax

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    In my personal experience waxes and coatings do not mix.
    I have found that a wax (any wax including spray wax) will degrade the properties of a ceramic coating.
    For ceramic coatings there are products that contain Sio2 that are made specifically as a booster for coatings.
    Thanks for the responses. I was curious about whether it was ever intended as a coating topper due to the infused graphene, whether that put this as sort of AW Enigma, Kamikaze Infinity Wax, Pinnacle Synergy type of wax meant to be used as a coating topper.

I’ll pick one up and try it out. Whether topping it or standalone, I look forward to trying your wax and commend you for coming up with this and getting it out at a reasonable price.

Thanks as always, Merlin!
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for Thread and info.. passed site info to my daughter as dad needs this in his stocking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    "Thank you, thank you, thank you" (OK Captain Obvious, you can quit doing your Gomer Pyle impression!) re-tired for the purchase and subjective review of Merlin`s Wax. Yes, your "opinion" matters greatly, especially with you extensive experience with other waxes.

I think the last statement says it all: no regrets on the purchase.

To Merlin I would say it might be time to consider upping your production capacity after a review like this. Then again, your statement about have difficulty procuring the needed chemical/materials for this wax may necessitate exclusivity and limit availability anyway.
    Thank you for making this highly unique and special wax available and affordable to us "mere mortal" detailing Autopians.
    (Ferrari performance at a Corvette price!)
    Lonnie:
    Thanks for the undeserved kind words- your to generous!!

Post Thanks / Like

Merlins Wax

Thanks for the responses. I was curious about whether it was ever intended as a coating topper due to the infused graphene, whether that put this as sort of AW Enigma, Kamikaze Infinity Wax, Pinnacle Synergy type of wax meant to be used as a coating topper.

I’ll pick one up and try it out. Whether topping it or standalone, I look forward to trying your wax and commend you for coming up with this and getting it out at a reasonable price.

Thanks as always, Merlin!
    Yes i would like to know if it amps looks/gloss. I don’t care if protection is changed in summer.... i want something that’ll add shine!

Like that bentley hood shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information