Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Preventing rust on rotors after a car wash

General Lee- Heh heh, watch you don`t get so...?!?sensible?!?...about it that you let things go as long as I do! But yeah, it`s that Curse of Autopia again, where "Everything has to be perfect all the time", and that can take the fun right out of the whole enterprise.

Hey, I`m still guilty of it too, the already-dirty vehicles are the ones that get used, and often thus actually *appreciated*, the most.
    Likes General Lee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It was actually my first black car that helped me with this issue. Even as a daily driver, I was hesitant to drive it some time because I knew it was going to get dirty, covered with bugs, etc.

After my first winter in that car when it was covered in a hard salt crust for weeks on end, I learned to simply drive it and enjoy driving it. It`s a car and that`s what it`s supposed to do...move you down the road with a smile on your face. After that, I was much happier. I take care of it the best I can with the time/conditions I`m given. I drive it as much as possible. When it`s perfectly clean and looking amazing, I really enjoy it. When it isn`t, I still enjoy it and remember how great it looks.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Likes General Lee, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Desertnate- Good on you for having actually used and enjoyed that car! Daily-driving black cars drove me *nuts* but I did it for years. Then I was able to have more than one, and, sigh...the "good cars" never seemed to get much use..the trend I`m still trying to buck.

Post Thanks / Like

Ever hear of "humidity"?
    Let them set a few days in humid air----rust !!
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    It was actually my first black car that helped me with this issue. Even as a daily driver, I was hesitant to drive it some time because I knew it was going to get dirty, covered with bugs, etc.

After my first winter in that car when it was covered in a hard salt crust for weeks on end, I learned to simply drive it and enjoy driving it. It`s a car and that`s what it`s supposed to do...move you down the road with a smile on your face. After that, I was much happier. I take care of it the best I can with the time/conditions I`m given. I drive it as much as possible. When it`s perfectly clean and looking amazing, I really enjoy it. When it isn`t, I still enjoy it and remember how great it looks.
    Yep, the car this thread is about is my first black vehicle. I`ve tried posting a pic but for some reason it won`t upload.
    Likes Ron Ketcham liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ketcham View Post

Ever hear of "humidity"?
    Let them set a few days in humid air----rust !!
    It`s funny how some of mine do (from mere relative humidity) and others don`t. E.g., the `00 A8`s will rust, but the `01 S8`s don`t. (No idea about the others as the dehumidifier in that garage keeps it dry, but they`ve never rusted much when left in airport parking lots for days.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information