Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your process for detailing a convertible car?

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Thats a nice area.... great views on some of the houses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes ! We lived at 8 Cascade Key, almost at the beginning of it.. All the really rich people lived at the other end of it that backed up to Lake Washington... Now those houses - Wow !!!
    I had the incredible pleasure of watching all my really rich neighbors drive down the street past me in their Aston Martins, Jaguars, Bentley`s, Ferrari, Lamborghini, All the German marques, and more, every day !!
    When I eventually started Detailing out of my garage there, I had access to hundreds of those beauties all year long...It was like a dream..
    Some of those people really did cool things -- the Owner of Bartell Drugs was my next door neighbor.. The man that invented the microsoft mouse, lived down the street, the Owner of Fluke Meters, etc., owned 2 houses built into 1 huge house, down the street.. He had 8 different Lambo`s..
    Many high level people from Boeing, the owners of Nordstrom`s, the man that WROTE Microsoft Excel, and on and on.. I got to Detail a couple of his Ferrari cars..
    My friend, the best Boat Detailer of all Seattle up there, wants me to move back up there and open up a boat/vehicle Detailing business... Hard to know what to do...
    Dan F
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Your process for detailing a convertible car?

Quote Originally Posted by Liz@Autopia View Post
    Coatings=Crack - I waved my magic wand...ok really I just sent a message to a co-worker/moderator on the AG side, but you should be all good now.
    Thank you Liz.

Also, where in PNW did you live?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Thank you Liz.

Also, where in PNW did you live?

You`re welcome! Born and raised in Klamath Falls, Oregon. It`s called Oregon`s City of Sunshine, that part of Oregon doesn`t have the gloomy rainy weather of Portland or the coast. What they don`t say is....the sun may be shining, but that doesn`t necessarily mean it`s warm. I miss the mountains sometimes, but definitely don`t miss the snow.
    Likes Stokdgs, Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

You`re welcome! Born and raised in Klamath Falls, Oregon. It`s called Oregon`s City of Sunshine, that part of Oregon doesn`t have the gloomy rainy weather of Portland or the coast. What they don`t say is....the sun may be shining, but that doesn`t necessarily mean it`s warm. I miss the mountains sometimes, but definitely don`t miss the snow.
    Hey, Liz !
    I had to travel to Oregon often when I lived in Bellevue, WA, to work at some of our Retail Stores, for Verizon..

Oregon - Wow ! And I traveled up there on my way to Morton, WA., back in the 70`s even... Just so beautiful !!!

And going North to South, you have every type of weather there, including hot and dry for a bit..

All those mountain passes as you keep going south into Northern California always were a little dicey sometimes in Winter with chains..

I have a friend in Baker City, where the Low temps for awhile now have been in the low 20`s and even going down to 16 degrees this week...

Everything along that Western Coast of the US is just incredible... Used to be really clean and blue water...Hopefully, it is still beautiful..

Hey, I heard (or was it a dream?) that they FINALLY let you pump your own gasoline in Oregon!!! Is this true??? I always hated that when I went through there.. You pull into a big Chevron, it is totally maxed out with cars, everyone waiting for the ONE man, to pump your gas for you... Sigh....
    Dan F
    Likes Liz@Autopia liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Hey, Liz !
    I had to travel to Oregon often when I lived in Bellevue, WA, to work at some of our Retail Stores, for Verizon..

Oregon - Wow ! And I traveled up there on my way to Morton, WA., back in the 70`s even... Just so beautiful !!!

And going North to South, you have every type of weather there, including hot and dry for a bit..

All those mountain passes as you keep going south into Northern California always were a little dicey sometimes in Winter with chains..

I have a friend in Baker City, where the Low temps for awhile now have been in the low 20`s and even going down to 16 degrees this week...

Everything along that Western Coast of the US is just incredible... Used to be really clean and blue water...Hopefully, it is still beautiful..

Hey, I heard (or was it a dream?) that they FINALLY let you pump your own gasoline in Oregon!!! Is this true??? I always hated that when I went through there.. You pull into a big Chevron, it is totally maxed out with cars, everyone waiting for the ONE man, to pump your gas for you... Sigh....
    Dan F
    Oh boy, this is a bit embarrassing to admit, but my husband actually had to teach me how to pump my own gas when we moved here because I had never done it before. Now of course when I go back to visit I understand why all the out of staters always found it annoying.

What you heard is partly true - in some eastern Oregon areas they are allowing it now (and some along the coast allow it after business hours only), but a good chunk of the western half of the state it is still prohibited at all times. Crazy to have it vary across the state like that if you ask me, but they didn`t ask me.

When we left Oregon, we sold the snow tires because obviously they are worth more up there than down here. We had a Subaru station wagon pulling a U-Haul trailer, it was mid-February and we had to make it through the Siskiyou Pass in Northern CA. It was not the most fun part of the 3,000 mile road trip, but it definitely proved to me that if I am ever forced to live in the snow again, I`d get another Subaru in a heartbeat.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

We just had some if those days! Clear skies nit a cloud in sight. Sunny but 39 degrees. Downpour a day later

Likes Stokdgs, Liz@Autopia liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcgreen View Post
    When you approach a convert. auto what is your detailing process? Because you are dealing with a fabric top there are steps you need to follow first vs dealing with paint. Do you wash the entire car, detail the top and then, do you cover the top before attacking the paint? You can drop the top or leave it up?
    And then going forward on a weekly maintenance program, namely a rinseless wash, what do you do to the top to maintain, you can`t use the rinseless was on the top, or can you?
    On my personal car I wash with the top down, it`s not a great idea to wash fabric tops too often. Wash as needed to maximize the life span of the fabric.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information