Post Thanks / Like

Should I have CarPro Reload to maintain my coating?

Hey fellers,

I applied CarPro Uk this past summer on my new Golf R- two coats of it- followed by one coat of Gliss.

I wash this car with Reset and always finish it off with Elixir after each dry.

Simply put- Is Reload a necessary item to have in order to maintain the qualities of the CQuartz?

*Prefer answers from members that have used these items and this coating in real life. Not interested in going down a rabbit hole of you can use this mix with that or this here with that. Thank you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Should I have CarPro Reload to maintain my coating?

Stick with your current regiment with Elixir. No need for reload.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Striker liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Guz is right. Elixer is basically Reload and Ech20 mix formulated with other ingredients. If your applying after every wash your fine. Supposedly a months durability.

I have CQUK3.0 and have used reload. I currently don’t use anymore as their are better alternatives.

I haven’t used the Elixer product from Car pros but i do mix my own based on formula based of Merlins formula of mixing Ech20 and Reload. His mix is where the idea of Elixer came from. I substitute Reload with different sio2 sealants.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Guz is right. Elixer is basically Reload and Ech20 mix formulated with other ingredients. If your applying after every wash your fine. Supposedly a months durability.

I have CQUK3.0 and have used reload. I currently don’t use anymore as their are better alternatives.

I haven’t used the Elixer product from Car pros but i do mix my own based on formula based of Merlins formula of mixing Ech20 and Reload. His mix is where the idea of Elixer came from. I substitute Reload with different sio2 sealants.

Elixir having a shot of Hydro2o makes it more durable than Echo2o and Reload alone IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Elixir having a shot of Hydro2o makes it more durable than Echo2o and Reload alone IMO.
    I dont think Car pros just mixes up Ech20, reload and hydro2. I’m sure it has chemical make up of all three but to me hydro2 isn’t as durable as Reload. I don’t see how adding its chemicals would make it last longer. I’m guessing it’s more Reload’ish chemicals that make it more durable. If last a months though it is more durable as home made elixer last me a couple of weeks.

Might work for OP though if he’s using after every wash. Definitely alot cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont think Car pros just mixes up Ech20, reload and hydro2. I’m sure it has chemical make up of all three but to me hydro2 isn’t as durable as Reload. I don’t see how adding its chemicals would make it last longer. I’m guessing it’s more Reload’ish chemicals that make it more durable. If last a months though it is more durable as home made elixer last me a couple of weeks.

Might work for OP though if he’s using after every wash. Definitely alot cheaper.

Go to the 11:11 mark. Corey goes over why hyrdo is in the mix. Avi had also mentioned to me that Elixir can be used like hydro2.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Rsurfer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Go to the 11:11 mark. Corey goes over why hyrdo is in the mix. Avi had also mentioned to me that Elixir can be used like hydro2.

So he says it has some ingredients from hydrolite to help it bond better. Maybe those ingredients due better when watered down as is the case when spraying and water activating Hydro2. Bought the same durability too.

So it’s not the strength of the sealant it’s the way the polymers bond..... friggin science.....

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been quite surprised by Elixr`s durability. I applied some to some "naked" panels on my wife`s car and was surprised by not only how water behaved, but also by how long it lasted. I wasn`t keeping track, but it easily lasted a month.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Likes Rsurfer, BudgetPlan1, The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm....

Sometimes I think that I am the only one that never really had the streaking issues with the older versions of Reload and still really like the product. It still is one of my top sealant toppers for coatings.

Keep in mind I have not used Elixir, but many bottles of Reload and Ech20.

I think if you are using something like Elixir weekly or even bi-weekly after every wash then you should be fine. But having and using Reload gives me that extra that I am looking for. I miss need to try
    Elixir.
    Likes Rsurfer liked this post

Thread Information