Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar`s says any more than one coat of wax is useless...?

Desertnate- Yeah, the Daily Drivers as well as the Garage Queens get the OCW and UQW on certain select areas.

I only use the UQW on surfaces like (generally black) trim, don`t like it at all on paint (though the OCW is OK with me). I *do* think the UQW, either by itself or over Ultima TTG+, looks *exactly* right on those surfaces (on *our* vehicles, might be a different story on something else).

And...heh heh, True Confession time ... I use UQW primarily because the in-laws give me a year`s supply every Christmas If I had to actually *pay* for it I`d use something else with better durability (or at least buy a gallon of D156). Well, I`d use something else if it worked out to be cost/effort-effective. For *what little I expect from it* the UQW works fine but no I don`t think it`s anything great.

Post Thanks / Like

Most Megs waxes(not all) are a cleaner type wax even if they don’t say it on the bottle. So there is a very light abrasive or chemical that will remove the previous layer. Hence the recommendation of only one layer.

The layering topic can become a worm hole. Other companies state their wax can be layered. So I’d stick with manufacturers recommendations! Or you can always experiment.......
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dr Oldz- Those experiments can be pretty enlightening...in my case, especially so regarding that ".. very light abrasive or chemical that will remove the previous layer.." which doesn`t always preclude effective layering. At least, not if you do it right. NEVER woulda thunk it, glad it decided to find out for myself.

BUT note that..."
    I’d stick with manufacturers recommendations!" is exactly what lead me to do the experiments that showed it could work! So even though I take all of those manufacturer recommendations with a little pinch of skepticism, even *I* have learned to at least give `em some consideration.

(FWIW, the AIO that "shouldn`t layer, but does" is Autoglym Super Resin Polish, which I kinda doubt anybody else here likes/uses.)

Post Thanks / Like

good thing for me I never use wax anymore

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve layered 2-3 coats of P21s and Souverain and definitely noticed a difference, although I didn`t really like what it did with the P21s; made the champagne gold color of my `60 Cadillac "glow" but in an artificial, overdone way. A couple of coats of Souverain gives a real nice shine on that car.

Post Thanks / Like

Sevillian- I know *exactly* what you mean about the P21s vs. Souveran! I tried the former on my Jag (ss metallic gray, not quite silver..) and it was so awful that I stripped it off and redid it with Souveran.

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator- a friend compared it to an old lady with too much makeup. A great shine is one thing, but overly sparkly is another.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sevillian View Post
    Accumulator- a friend compared it to an old lady with too much makeup. A great shine is one thing, but overly sparkly is another.
    Yeah, I won`t argue with that

ALTHOUGH... the FK1000P I like so much has that "synthetic"/bright look Funny, it gets *infinitely* more compliments than any other LSP I`ve ever used (pre-Pandemic strangers would come up to comment *all the time*, actually got to be a nuisance), but I dunno if I could stand it on the Jag. Eh, that`s a weird paint (that Jag quit using over all the issues with it) anyhow...definitely "not silver" despite being *almost*. I mean..I`m splitting hairs here: light gray metallic is awfully close to silver no matter what I say.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information