Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What light for under hood and interiors?

[QUOTE=mobiledynamics;2178980]Old school (A19) for me works when . It`s all the casting of the light ]quote]

?A19? What`s that....can you please school me again?

..you guys use/need a light for Interior work ? Can`t recall me ever needing a light for interior work
    Huh, that surprises me! Even before my New Normal Vision, I *always* needed additional lighting to see everything in the interior. IF nothing else, how else can you see everything underneath the seats?

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I got more golden eyes than you.

For the interior cleaning, I`m pretty simple....vac and wipe. Wipe are mainly H20, except for the consoles (top and front) which get Cockpit.
    Some extra love on the seat bolsters and doors with APC Or Plastic Cleaner.

I have a good mixture of attachements that does help me get into the nooks and crannies including a 20 inch `ish crevice nozzle that is also flexiable to some degree. Then a mini nozzle set that get`s downsized off the main vac nozzle as well.

Seriously never have used a extra light source ever for the interiors. I guess I`m the same guy who washes the wheels 1st --- in that other thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Heh heh, that`s setting the bar awfully low! No question you do IMO
    For the interior cleaning, I`m pretty simple....vac and wipe. Wipe are mainly H20, except for the consoles (top and front) which get Cockpit.
    Yeah, all I usually do is an Interior QD and vacuum.

I have a good mixture of attachements that does help me get into the nooks and crannies including a 20 inch `ish crevice nozzle that is also flexiable to some degree. Then a mini nozzle set that get`s downsized off the main vac nozzle as well...
    Same here, scads of attachments I`ve, uhm...accumulated.

Seriously never have used a extra light source ever for the interiors. I guess I`m the same guy who washes the wheels 1st --- in that other thread
    Well, I don`t encourage people to look harder for issues they don`t know they have! Maybe your interiors never get as dirty/dusty as mine, bet that`s especially true with regard to my dog-haulers. Though I can`t see into vents very far or every area under the dashboard without shining a light either, just to name some other specific jobs. But that`s just me and I`m glad you don`t have to [mess] around with such stuff.

EDIT: Oh, and I do the tires/wheels/wells/undercarriage first too. Get those nastiest areas done first!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post

I have a good mixture of attachements that does help me get into the nooks and crannies including a 20 inch `ish crevice nozzle that is also flexiable to some degree. Then a mini nozzle set that get`s downsized off the main vac nozzle as well.

Doesnt everyone wash wheels 1st?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    That`s what *I* would`ve thought, but no...there are a fair number of Autopians who prefer to do them later in the process. Hey, whatever works for ya...
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post

I have always done the wheels last, otherwise I have to make up extra solution to do everything else. To me that`s a waist of product and time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcgreen View Post
    I have always done the wheels last, otherwise I have to make up extra solution to do everything else. To me that`s a waist of product and time.
    My issue is drying the car and then getting paint wet again. My wheels dont water spot as bad and i think its faster. A little more soap for the wheels but seems easier and faster

Post Thanks / Like

bcgreen- Ah, thanks for explaining, that wouldn`t have occurred to me as I have spraybottles of shampoo mix that I keep with the rinse/wash buckets for Wheels/etc., all mixed up with more than enough for every wash`s wheels/wells/undercarriage. Maybe makes more sense for me since I use the same mix as a concentrate for the foamguns.

EDIT: Now I`m wondering whether people use the same shampoo/rinse buckets for wheels that they do for the rest of the vehicle. I`d worry about getting the shampoo buckets contaminated; I go *MANY* washes without replacing those since for me they`re basically just a repository for the wash media but I`m guessing that most here redo them at every wash.
    Likes mc2hill liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information