Post Thanks / Like

High heat climate with coating issues

Hey guys! So I`m living in Arizona and we are getting consistent triple digit days now for the summer. I just coated my WRX with CQUK 3.0. Before this I have used 22ple HPC and Gyeon Pure. Every coating has been great but I have one problem here in Arizona I have never been able to remedy. If I get hit by sprinklers, rain, bird crap, or anything wet; due to the heat and how fast it evaporates, I`ll get water spots or some form of etching. I know all Si02 protectants carry this added risk but is switching to collinite 845, fk1000, or power lock going to be any better of an option? The way I`ve seen it so I dont go crazy, is that the etching is on the coating because it always buffs right off with a light polish when I re apply coating every 1-2 years. I`m wondering if anyone who lives in similar climates or knows if spending 200+ dollars on a new graphene coating or other sealant/wax is a better option? Any opinions are appreciated! Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

Re: High heat climate with coating issues

hopefully there will be some detailers from arizona that will help/advise you with this that are members here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by series1 View Post
    Hey guys! So I`m living in Arizona and we are getting consistent triple digit days now for the summer. I just coated my WRX with CQUK 3.0. Before this I have used 22ple HPC and Gyeon Pure. Every coating has been great but I have one problem here in Arizona I have never been able to remedy. If I get hit by sprinklers, rain, bird crap, or anything wet; due to the heat and how fast it evaporates, I`ll get water spots or some form of etching. I know all Si02 protectants carry this added risk but is switching to collinite 845, fk1000, or power lock going to be any better of an option? The way I`ve seen it so I dont go crazy, is that the etching is on the coating because it always buffs right off with a light polish when I re apply coating every 1-2 years. I`m wondering if anyone who lives in similar climates or knows if spending 200+ dollars on a new graphene coating or other sealant/wax is a better option? Any opinions are appreciated! Thanks guys
    I just moved to the Phoenix Metro around Christmas. I have a `16 Tahoe coated with CQuartz Pro about a year ago when I was still living in PA. It`s probably not the best solution, but I use CarPro spotless when I notice the water spots - a neighbor uses a sprinkler pretty frequently - and they usually come right off. It takes some time, but it works. I keep after the coating as I almost always use WW. Occasional Reload use, and once every 2 months, I am able to get a reset 2 bucket wash in. That`s what works for me. Hope it helps.

Gordon

Post Thanks / Like

Since I switched from sealants to Collinite products many years ago I have not had any spotting,etching problems. I mostly use 476S for the longevity

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by series1 View Post
    ‘The UK version is made for colder climates like the “UK”.
    I have it on one of my cars here in Minnesota. Works great. I stick to Gyeon for my cars in Palm Springs.. maybe hotter than AZ 🙄. Also Pure is their high gloss product not their most protective.

Finally I do have graphing on my Pista. A great new choice. But no real live experience as the car has 150 miles on it, however high gloss readings.

Brad

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Collinte 476 or FK 1000 are probably the best options.
    Likes davidc liked this post

Thread Information