Post Thanks / Like

Easy to use spray products? QD`s, Turtle Wax products, etc?

I had a question about which products may work best over FK1000p. Or maybe nothing is needed at all over it? I am currently using FK425 basically as a drying aid. I realize that it may not be providing anymore protection than what is already there but I like the idea of using something during the drying part of my wash. I have been looking at some of these other "sprays", be they a QD, spray wax or ceramic spray. The ceramic sprays or spray wax type products have really intrigued me. I know with these you are moving into a different product category than just a QD used as a drying aid and that you wouldn`t use them every wash. So what are your thoughts on using something like a Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating or Wet Wax every once in a while? I also have an old bottle of Duragloss Aqua Wax. Would some of these products not be ideal to use over the FK1000p. I have no complaints regarding the FK1000p but if something like these are cheap and easy and to use and add something, then why not, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Easy to use spray products? QD`s, Turtle Wax products, etc?

If your looking for a quality drying aid that adds some serious protection, I can vouch for TW HS WET WAX. I converted over to their line this spring. And have never been happier with the looks and performance of the HS line. I currently use the wet wax to maintain their spray coating. In which is amazing in it`s own right.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Wet Wax if you’re looking to buy something different. AquaWax if you just want to use what you have but more protection than FK425.

Post Thanks / Like

For a traditional QD spray, my all time favorite is Kenotec Show Room Shine. Great stuff; works well and leaves the surface really slick and glossy.

By all accounts FPK1000 is a pretty durable LSP and I`d just any spray product as a drying aid or for appearances/fun and not worry about durability.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I was leaning towards the Wet Wax. How do you think the ceramic Spray Coating would be over the FK?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsSoSpursy View Post
    I was leaning towards the Wet Wax. How do you think the ceramic Spray Coating would be over the FK?
    My opinion, which is worth pennies on the dollar, is that the Ceramic Spray won’t last nearly to its potential, but it will last for some amount of time and will change the look, possibly improve water behavior and would be a sacrificial layer during the time it does last. I personally like experimenting and TW isn’t expensive so I would personally try it.

Post Thanks / Like

I would add Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer to the mix.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

ThatsSoSPursy- I`d be a little careful about what you use on top of FK1000P lest you be unable to just apply more as needed. It`s fine by itself, but I do like using a leaves-stuff-behind Drying Aid.

FK425 and FK146 are, of course, fine.

IUDJ is also compatible IME and better at cleaning and perhaps lubricity too. It doesn`t leave *quite* as nice/slick a finish as the FK425/146, but it`s a lot cheaper and does still work well.

Ceramics/etc., well....I don`t really know, but I wouldn`t use anything in the SprayWax/Sealant/etc. category due to the "subsequent reapplication of FK1000P" factor, but hey that`s just me erring on the side of caution. Note that I`m not, in any way, being critical of [those other products] and if they do in fact work fine with the FK I`d love to hear about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    For a traditional QD spray, my all time favorite is Kenotec Show Room Shine. Great stuff; works well and leaves the surface really slick and glossy.

By all accounts FPK1000 is a pretty durable LSP and I`d just any spray product as a drying aid or for appearances/fun and not worry about durability.
    I too find the ShowRoom Shine to be a top performer as a QD - seems like PBMG is no longer showing it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Wet Wax if you’re looking to buy something different. AquaWax if you just want to use what you have but more protection than FK425.
    This. I have yet to read a bad review of TW`s latest offering and I`ve been using AW for many moons. Love the stuff,

Post Thanks / Like

Is the AW compatible with FK1000P in the sense of not precluding adding more of the FK? I`m not tempting fate by using OCW or UQW on top of it for that reason.

Post Thanks / Like

The TW wet wax leaves a nice gloss behind. Doesn’t have slickest feel if your into that. I’ve never used it as a Drying aid but meguiars ceramic QD is real nice.

A product that is slept on and a great performer is Griots Ceramic 3-1. Gives great Sio2 protection with that carnauba glow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Is the AW compatible with FK1000P in the sense of not precluding adding more of the FK? I`m not tempting fate by using OCW or UQW on top of it for that reason.
    Accumulator, wish I could answer that but, tragically, I`ve never used FK. Appropo of nothing, I;ve never had a problem with AW not playing nice with another product, either as a topper or being topped with that other product. I wouldn`t expect that to be a good reason to try, though.

Post Thanks / Like

E-Jag- Well, it`s still good to know about the AW not being finicky.

Heh heh ...."tragically, I`ve never used FK"...that was good

I`m using the OCW because of its UV blocking abilities and the way it`s fresh-repaint-safe; using the UQW because I get it free from my in-laws. BUT if there`s some Drying Aid with utterly killer performance and looks that won`t interfere with adding more FK1000P I`ll love to hear about it! I`m OK with just using IUDJ and I do have lots of FK425/FK146 (enough for at least 5 years), but I`m still curious about what might be superior.

Thread Information