Thread: Microfiber Mop

Post Thanks / Like

Microfiber Mop

Has anyone had luck with MF mops? I`ve got a large truck and getting up and down from step stools is an accident waiting to happen. Ideally, I`d like to just slip one of my many MF wash mitts over the base of a telescoping pole and secure the wash mitt.
    Any ideas? Most of the stuff I;m seeing on Amazon I wouldn`t trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber Mop

Quote Originally Posted by tul9033 View Post
    Has anyone had luck with MF mops? I`ve got a large truck and getting up and down from step stools is an accident waiting to happen. Ideally, I`d like to just slip one of my many MF wash mitts over the base of a telescoping pole and secure the wash mitt.
    Any ideas? Most of the stuff I;m seeing on Amazon I wouldn`t trust.
    I got wash mop a while back to use in the winter from Griots. It comes with and you can buy extra chenille noodle style mitts that velcro over it. I didn`t care for it on vertical panels as you have to hold it at angles just right to push on it. If you were washing a flat surface like a panel truck I`m sure it would be great. I use it for a floor mop, it works great from that angle.
    Thanks tul9033 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Bought a Carrand mop from Wally World a few years ago. I drive a Tundra and my wife drives a Sequoia.....both provide quite the challenge for a vertically challenged person like me. For the money, it has done an excellent job. I wash the roof of the Tundra from the bed, and I still need a step stool to get the Sequoia roof clean. I`ve given some thought about investing in one of the Griots ones or the Microfiber Madness Incredipole.

Post Thanks / Like

I have that GG one and IMO it`s a scratch-machine. I use it for the floor in my subbasement, but not for anything on the vehicles (although I tried it on undercarriages...no thanks). But hey, that`s just me, and I care as much about the roof of the Beater Tahoe as I do the hood of the S8.

TUL0033- While it`s easy for me to spend your money for you I simply *LOVE* my large work platforms (big things, not those little ones I see in the Detailing catalogs; I have five of them). No way I could wash SUVs/etc. properly without them.
    Thanks tul9033 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t have a show car, but I do wash it by hand. I sometimes use a window squeegee thing to push a very wet wash mitt or microfiber towel over the top of the car since I can`t reach there very well with out a stool. Sometimes I find myself reaching too far to get as much as I can on the stool and I am afraid I might fall at some point.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man...I always worry about my fellow Autopians when this topic comes up.

I`m nobody`s idea of an alarmist, but Falls are such a (statistically overwhelming) cause of life-changing accidents that I take this topic very seriously. We`re talking about carwash shampoo...slippery stuff.

Yeah, my Bauer/Warner Work Platforms cost a pretty penny, but compared to spending the rest of my life crippled or brain-damaged they weren`t *anything*. I I don`t see how even a grand or two compares to "your life is over now" so *IMO* if you`re gonna DIY Detailing the higher surfaces of tall vehicles, such platforms are a mandatory part of vehicle ownership, simple as that.

"Eh, won`t happen to me", right? Hey, I know how to fall and have rolled out of ones that`d seriously injure most people. But I still accept that it could happen to me. My BFF`s life will never be quite the same after her last "minor" fall, and she`s far more athletic than most people...was utterly confident such a thing would never happen to her, let alone twice (both requiring major repairs just to attain "kinda almost OK"). Life can change in a literal second...

OK, OK..end of rant [Accumulator climbs down off his soapbox again..]

Post Thanks / Like

Reading that reminded me that I upgraded the running boards on my Tacoma to ones that have steps in them more or less for washing the roof than any other reason.

Post Thanks / Like

gorram- Heh heh, you must be a lot taller than I am...not that the running boards on the Tahoe would be as good as a wide, slip-resistant surface even if they were ~foot higher. Eh, I need both hands free to wash and it`s hard for me to inspect what I`m doing unless I`m looking down at it.

Thread Information