Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Whats the concensous on safest/best drying towel? Old Pakshack guy.

Hi All....long time autopian (circa 2006 or so). My old PakShack microfibers, for the old times who remember them pre rag company, have finally given up the ghost. I see folks really like the griots PFM drying towels but I think they are only 80/20 blends? Are folks concerned about scratching? Then saw the Mckees 37 glacier towel which is a 75/25 blend, and the autofiber dreadnaught aslo 75/25 blend? Apex detail who i respect really likes Scotts luxury microfigers sucker jr edgless towels?

Are they all about the same?
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whats the concensous on safest/best drying towel? Old Pakshack guy.

PMF`S are safe and on top of the heap.

Lately I have been using the Rag Co PLUFFEL drying towels. These are SOFT! No damage. And work great with a drying aid!

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/rc-2...l#.XoybT25Fxjo
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

My local pep boys I can get the 16x16 PFMs for $4.72 each and the big size one 25x30 for $27.99. Think i might jump on the 16x16`s with some curbside pickup. For some reason I thought we needed 70/30 to not scratch? Has that changed?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by estcstm3 View Post
    Hi All....long time autopian (circa 2006 or so). My old PakShack microfibers, for the old times who remember them pre rag company, have finally given up the ghost. I see folks really like the griots PFM drying towels but I think they are only 80/20 blends? Are folks concerned about scratching? Then saw the Mckees 37 glacier towel which is a 75/25 blend, and the autofiber dreadnaught aslo 75/25 blend? Apex detail who i respect really likes Scotts luxury microfigers sucker jr edgless towels?

Are they all about the same?

All drying towels are not the same; unfortunately I am not sure of all of the blends of the towels in my arsenal. I have the Auto Finesse Aqua Deluxe, The Rag Company (TRC) Pluffle, TRC Double Twistress, Carpro D`Hydrate, Griot`s PFM, Luxury Microfiber (LMF) Sucker, and the Sucker is the nicest drying towel by far. It has been the most durable and the most absorbent. The greatest benefit to the PFM over the LMF Sucker is that it is more readily available, otherwise my older Sucker still out performs my newer PFM, every day of the week, from a drying standpoint. My experience with the Aqua Deluxe is that it is a very plush towel, but it is made of Chinese microfiber which is more grabby and not as high of quality as South Korean Microfiber, the towel also isn`t very absorbent so it doesn`t pick up much water when being dragged across a surface. The Pluffle is a great towel, it is actually the type of towel I like to use on my vehicle, the downside is that it just isn`t as absorbent as the Sucker. I want to use one towel for drying my car, not multiple. The Double Twistress is basically a mini version of the Twist and Shout, I mainly use it for areas that need touch up. I have the smaller version of the Carpro D`Hydrate, it is actually my most favorite towel to use because it is very absorbent and light weight, but like the Twistress, I use it for touch ups. Griot`s PFM vs Luxury Microfiber Sucker, not sure on the specific blend ratios, but the Sucker has proven to be more absorbent than the PFM, ten times out of ten. The most notable situation where the Sucker out performs the PFM is at the coin-op car wash and you do a final *spot free* rinse, the water comes out of the gun at such a low pressure that it creates a ton of beading that doesn`t sheet off. Experience has shown me that the PFM will become saturated to the point of leaving a little water on the surface, whereas with the Sucker, I can still completely dry the entire midsize sedan. The Sucker is a heavier towel when dry and when wet compared to the PFM, but with the right drying aid and technique, towel marring can be completely mitigated in some cases. Towels that concern me for scratching with a slick drying aid, all of them. Drying technique plays a huge role in the reduction of towel marring, as well as the slickness of the LSP. However, keeping technique the same on the same panel, with the same LSP, with the same drying aid, the Aqua Deluxe concerns me the most, then the Double Twistress and D`Hydrate tied for second (mainly due to their small size, I am prone to putting more hand pressure on a small towel), and the rest of the towels tie for third.

Though many on this forum are not the biggest fans of Scott, I am a fan of certain LMF/DPC products and will continue to purchase the Sucker and Jack towels as long as he is selling them. The PFM is great, but I don`t see myself purchasing another one as I would rather have the Sucker. By the way, if you are ever in the market for a pump sprayer, Marolex is the way to go.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m all about the Dry Me Crazy from Microfiber Madness. I don`t want the looped nap of a PFM (that`s just me), so *for me* the DMC is absolutely perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I`m all about the Dry Me Crazy from Microfiber Madness. I don`t want the looped nap of a PFM (that`s just me), so *for me* the DMC is absolutely perfect.

I agree with this. I have the Griot’s PFM and while it’s a fantastic towel, the Dry Me Crazy is even nicer and no twisted loops.

Post Thanks / Like

Dr Oldz- Heh heh, well...that makes a whole... two of us

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I agree with this. I have the Griot’s PFM and while it’s a fantastic towel, the Dry Me Crazy is even nicer and no twisted loops.
    Whats the drawback of twisted loops?

Post Thanks / Like

Whats the drawback of twisted loops?
    Nothing. Some don’t like the feel because they feel a bit rough.

I tried a towel similar to the dry me crazy and it’s plush but it doesn’t absorb that well. Sort of like the pluffle.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Nothing. Some don’t like the feel because they feel a bit rough.

I tried a towel similar to the dry me crazy and it’s plush but it doesn’t absorb that well. Sort of like the pluffle.

Guz have you tried a DMC?

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve always liked the Woobie Blue for drying. Super soft and super absorbing.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like

If you have a rocking LSP and you can swing it get a dual motor master blaster and then some twistress or fluffy any brand towel. Bc all you need to do is blot a little.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll stick with my Dry Me a River towel from TRC. Lay it on the horizontal panels, make sure it’s flat, and take it off water is gone. Touch it on the vertical panels and the water is gone. I haven’t used the Griot’s towel or some of the others. In my experience the fluffy towels just aren’t very absorbent. I’ve tried other waffle weave towels that didn’t work nearly as well. On top of that with the huge size of this towel it folds up very small and takes up very little room.
    Likes WaxAddict liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I’ll stick with my Dry Me a River towel from TRC. Lay it on the horizontal panels, make sure it’s flat, and take it off water is gone. Touch it on the vertical panels and the water is gone. I haven’t used the Griot’s towel or some of the others. In my experience the fluffy towels just aren’t very absorbent. I’ve tried other waffle weave towels that didn’t work nearly as well. On top of that with the huge size of this towel it folds up very small and takes up very little room.

I have some of the rag company dry me a river towels....they just dont do it for me. I thought they would be good replacements for my old PakShack waffle weaves, but they really need a lot of water priming to start absorbing and streaked like crazy for me, also i find that i put alot of pressure on these to work.

The dry me crazy towels from microfiber madness seem intriguing. I have an s2000 with notoriously soft clear that I dont really want to correct anymore so doing all I can to preserve what little clear it has left.

I think im down to the PFM and the dry me crazy. I can tell the PFM is a great absorbent towel but being 80/20 and twisted loop could it be scratching (micromarring) and folks (most non autopians) are just not paying attention?

Post Thanks / Like

I have some of the rag company dry me a river towels....they just dont do it for me. I thought they would be good replacements for my old PakShack waffle weaves, but they really need a lot of water priming to start absorbing and streaked like crazy for me, also i find that i put alot of pressure on these to work.

The dry me crazy towels from microfiber madness seem intriguing. I have an s2000 with notoriously soft clear that I dont really want to correct anymore so doing all I can to preserve what little clear it has left.

I think im down to the PFM and the dry me crazy. I can tell the PFM is a great absorbent towel but being 80/20 and twisted loop could it be scratching (micromarring) and folks (most non autopians) are just not paying attention?
    That’s interesting. I don’t prime that towel at all. Just open it up and lay it on the roof first, make sure it’s flat and all the water is gone when I remove the towel. Even after 12-18 months same thing. Could have something to do with LSP I guess, I always use coatings. I have a soft 16x16 Autofiber towel to pick up any small drops I miss with the Dry Me a River towel.
    I’m going to see what Autofiber has for a drying towel next. Their towels are some of the best I’ve used. Their super soft fluffy towels are the only ones I’ve ever used that don’t lint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information