Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Feels like it`s Y2K all over again : Sprayer Heads

Household sprayers / detailing sprayers all are using Tolco heads for like forever.

With the recent stuff that`s been going on, I`ve needed to go to my stash and make new bottles. A few alcohol and bleach/disinfect bottles. Decided to just use the `meh CR sprayer heads that came with them. After one use, it`s very clear that there is more than a minutia detail when it comes to just a quality sprayer head. Ended up swapping the inferior heads to the Tolco Heads. It`s been eon`s since I`ve needed to make new -sprayer bottle setups. Ha. Amazing how one simple little thing though makes all the difference in the function/use of a product.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feels like it`s Y2K all over again : Sprayer Heads

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Household sprayers / detailing sprayers all are using Tolco heads for like forever.

With the recent stuff that`s been going on, I`ve needed to go to my stash and make new bottles. A few alcohol and bleach/disinfect bottles. Decided to just use the `meh CR sprayer heads that came with them. After one use, it`s very clear that there is more than a minutia detail when it comes to just a quality sprayer head. Ended up swapping the inferior heads to the Tolco Heads. It`s been eon`s since I`ve needed to make new -sprayer bottle setups. Ha. Amazing how one simple little thing though makes all the difference in the function/use of a product.

Tolco heads just flat out work, period. I will say that I have had a few out of a hundred fail on me, but that happens. I don`t understand why people look elsewhere for a product that really works well. paired with the right HDPE bottles, one can have a pretty professional setup for pennies on the dollar.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve had the Tolco sprayers last me years before failing

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn`t the durability. It was the spray pattern and the trigger for me. The stock CR head that came with it from probably USP, trigger was sticky, not fluid. Add to that, the piss poor atomization.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a garbage bag full to the brim with chemical sprayers that came off of the tire dressing bottles that I use. If you really get hard up, I got you!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re-purposing spray nozzles is a novel way to recycle and use them for "other" detailing purposes. I re-purposed Eagle One A-to-Z Wheel Cleaner (Remember that forum favorite?) spray nozzles for use with Meg`s Detailer Line D140 Wheel Brightener spraying. They did not last long, even when washed out after using this acid-based wheel/brake dust cleaner, but they were better than the nozzle on Spray-Master Heavy Duty Sprayer.

Has anyone ever used Tolco Acid-Resistant nozzle (the gold one) and what was your experience?
    So does the diamond around the letter "T" embossed on the nozzle and the word "Taiwan" below mean Tolco ?
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I even take products out of their factory supplied bottle so I can use in in a bottle with a tolco sprayer. I bought a ton of sprayers and bottles on US Plastics for cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie. I use the gold sprayers with wheel brightner. They last much much longer. If you actually flush them or at least spray them dry by turning bottle upside down, they can go for a long time. Worth the extra money for certain chemicals IMO.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I even take products out of their factory supplied bottle so I can use in in a bottle with a tolco sprayer. I bought a ton of sprayers and bottles on US Plastics for cheap.

I have a small stock pile of sprayers and bottles, about 12 of the ~24 sprayers are Tolco and the rest are ones that I have accumulated and use for chemicals that kill sprayers, on top of the number of sprayers that are currently in use...... I need to stop. I also have a lot of bottles, like too many. But it has taken a while to come to this bottle and sprayer set up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Re-purposing spray nozzles is a novel way to recycle and use them for "other" detailing purposes...
    And for other/Household purposes too (And vice-versa, using Household sprayers for Detailing products.)

Like Bad Penny/TheMeanGreen/others, I have am extensive, uhm..accumulation...of sprayers and bottles, though not always the exact combo that I want!

Post Thanks / Like

The "problem" I have with the spray nozzle that comes with any liquid product for household or vehicle detailing use is that I usually break them when the bottle falls off a table or is inadvertently dropped onto a hard surface.
    Then I have the problem of finding a sprayer nozzle that matches the bottle screw thread, has a tube that is long enough to reach to the bottom of the said product bottle, AND having spray nozzle that distributes the liquid in a similar mist or spray pattern as the original, but now broken nozzle, AND having the pump work with the viscosity of the product liquid. It is one of the reasons I save empty bottles with the nozzle on them. I also break or crack plastic bottles themselves. One product bottle and nozzle that is a "must save" is Megs Consumer Line Quik Detailer; the fixed (AKA; non-adjustable) nozzle spray pattern is an extremely fine mist.
    No wonder you professionals use generic bottles with Tolco sprayer nozzles. I do wonder if they have different nozzle pumps for different liquids of varying viscosity.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered 2 dozen kwazar sprayers because I can’t get the reasonably priced ones.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a bunch of difeerent sprayer only form Ag. The grey Talco’s are great and i have a gold. Don’t really have the need but works the same.

I bought the foaming sprayer. It’s OK and probably better than OK but i’m use to pump foamers for foam.

I have several 16oz kwazars from AG and they are great. What have been bad for me are some 32oz i got on the big A

Both the sprayers have busted and I think its either these are inferior which I doubt because the look exactly like the ones on 16oz.

I think it had to do with more of the weight and holding in hand at various angles. They seem to break where twist top is connected to rest of sprayer. It’s actually pretty weak connection so i’m done with the 32oz. I don’t use my 16’s as much but gonna put one through it’s paces now.

I’ve also ordered one of these from AG as it’s a double pump sprayer. Kwazar probably makes it but it feels a lot more solid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I just ordered 2 dozen kwazar sprayers because I can’t get the reasonably priced ones.
    I hope you like all those! I got some of theirs only to find that I really DISlike their sprayers "Heh, no big deal, I`ll quickly acclimate to any diffs.." but that still hasn`t worked out for me; I fnd them uncomfortable (*continually* pinch my fingers in a way that I do *not* do with any of my other sprayers..never had this be an issue in my life) and in no way superior to the ones of various generations from Griot`s. I`m still astounded that I dislike them so much, and hoping that I get over it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    and in no way superior to the ones of various generations from Griot`s.

These from Griot’s are for their smaller 22oz bottles

They are probably my favorite right now. Way better than their 35oz sprayer. Atomizes well, smooth, no leaks....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information