Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buff & Shine Euro fiber pads

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Maybe I`m extrapolating incorrectly...I was really referring to the *Cyclo* green pads, and with Rupes owning Cyclo now I *ASSumed* they might be the same. Note-to-self about ..."oughta know better"

EDIT: I bet there`s no "maybe" about it!
    oh, I completely forgot about those cyclo pads. Do you know what company made them? I always assumed they were the buff and shine since they looked exactly like the B&S 4" pads. The green polishing pad from buff and shine and LC are pretty soft. You must be working on really soft paint or just have an incredible eye for light DA haze. I personally will be happy with the finish of a white heavy polishing or even orange cutting pad especially when paired with a finishing polish that has very little cut like HD polish+

Post Thanks / Like

LashingStanley- Yeah, it`s me...I see room for improvement that others might not. HD Polish (I only have the v1.0) finishes out fine for me with my Polishing Pads, but *NOTHING* will do it with any of my Orange Light Cut ones; I could ruin a finish using those with a wax! And we used to wax with the green Cyclo pads back before there were other options (decades ago there were hardly *any* foam machine pads, especially for RO/DA units, which were very rare), and that was on soft black lacquer.

Note that I`m not talking about a "haze" but rather just, like, uhm...I have a built-in Glossmeter or something, one looks better/worse, consistently. Do with M205 = looks absolutely fine; redo with different Finishing Polish = looks better. And I don`t work on soft clear, we`re talking like..the Audis.

On my Ford`s clear, which is softer, it`s still just a matter of "this leaves it better than that to my eyes" but more pronounced. But anyhow..

I just don`t know who makes the Cyclo pads. But they were on the market for ages, even back long before anybody used Velcro to attach pads. The ones they sell today seem to work exactly like the old non-Velcro ones did and side-by-side they seem identical to me other than the Velcro backing.

Post Thanks / Like

LashingStanley- Yeah, it`s me...I see room for improvement that others might not. HD Polish (I only have the v1.0) finishes out fine for me with my Polishing Pads, but *NOTHING* will do it with any of my Orange Light Cut ones; I could ruin a finish using those with a wax! And we used to wax with the green Cyclo pads back before there were other options (decades ago there were hardly *any* foam machine pads, especially for RO/DA units, which were very rare), and that was on soft black lacquer.

Note that I`m not talking about a "haze" but rather just, like, uhm...I have a built-in Glossmeter or something, one looks better/worse, consistently. Do with M205 = looks absolutely fine; redo with different Finishing Polish = looks better. And I don`t work on soft clear, we`re talking like..the Audis.

On my Ford`s clear, which is softer, it`s still just a matter of "this leaves it better than that to my eyes" but more pronounced. But anyhow..

I just don`t know who makes the Cyclo pads. But they were on the market for ages, even back long before anybody used Velcro to attach pads. The ones they sell today seem to work exactly like the old non-Velcro ones did and side-by-side they seem identical to me other than the Velcro backing.

I`ve never liked the finish of M205. I used to use it for one steps but once I started using HD Polish+ I haven`t looked back. I threw out my bottle of HD Polish. I don`t know if it was the abrasive technology that they update but the HD Polish+ formulation was so much better IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

LashingStanley- Between the finish it leaves and the Trade Secret Oils, I`m always amazed that *anybody* likes the M205, but plenty of folks sure do!

Heh heh, you`re killing me with that "threw out HD Polish"! I simply *LOVE* the stuff and/but I`m all about their v1.0 and am leery of trying the newer version.

What do you prefer about the newer "+" version? Maybe you can put my mind to ease about it being OK

Post Thanks / Like

LashingStanley- Between the finish it leaves and the Trade Secret Oils, I`m always amazed that *anybody* likes the M205, but plenty of folks sure do!

Heh heh, you`re killing me with that "threw out HD Polish"! I simply *LOVE* the stuff and/but I`m all about their v1.0 and am leery of trying the newer version.

What do you prefer about the newer "+" version? Maybe you can put my mind to ease about it being OK
    HD Polish was great but HD Polish+ has virtually no dusting and slightly more cut while still finishing flawlessly. Clean wipe off is my favorite feature which the original formula also had. I have never been a fan of the oils in M205 and don`t even get me started on the oils in Menzerna and Jescar polishes. HD Polish+ finishes better than finishing polishes 2x the price. I`ve tried everything from Scholl Concepts S30+ to Sonax Perfect finish to Boss Perfecting Cream. None of them provide the ease of use or the smear free wipe off of HD Polish+

Whenever I encounter finicky paint it`s always the one polish I can count on. I should honestly be paid as a spokesman for 3D at this point.ha

Post Thanks / Like

All that being said, HD Cut+ and AAT Compound aren`t even close to the same league at HD Polish+ when it comes to performance and ease of use. I`d like to try HD One because I thought HD Adapt was pretty good but after my experience with the 3D compounds I`ve been hesitant to pull the trigger

Post Thanks / Like

LashingStanley- The only other HD I`ve tried is their "Cut" and IMO it`s an aggressive Polish rather than a Comound. I did try Uno, but generally I don`t like products like that, preferring dedicated Compound/Polish/Finishing Polish-levels of performance.

Sounds like I won`t mind that HD Polish+, though I don`t need (or really want) any additional cut from that step.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information