Post Thanks / Like

Is Ultimate Wasterless comparable to ONR wax?

Hey guys,

I was watching this video of DPC:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPYwZIgfJlE

I`d like to ask if you guys think whether:
    Ultima "Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate" (green) is comparable to Optimum "No Rinse Wash & Wax" (green) or the regular "No Rinse Wash & Shine" (blue)?
    Ultimate also has an "Acrylic Waterless Wash Concentrate", so maybe that is comparable to ONR wash & wax?

And Wolfgang "Uber Rinse Less Wash", I believe that is comparable to the regular blue ONR. Is that right?

Thanks for your feedback!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Ultimate Wasterless comparable to ONR wax?

Quote Originally Posted by getgoing View Post
    Hey guys,

I was watching this video of DPC:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPYwZIgfJlE

I`d like to ask if you guys think whether:
    Ultima "Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate" (green) is comparable to Optimum "No Rinse Wash & Wax" (green) or the regular "No Rinse Wash & Shine" (blue)?
    Ultimate also has an "Acrylic Waterless Wash Concentrate", so maybe that is comparable to ONR wash & wax?

And Wolfgang "Uber Rinse Less Wash", I believe that is comparable to the regular blue ONR. Is that right?

Thanks for your feedback!
    UWW+ is pretty substantial/glossy for an RW, in my opinion comparable to ONR Wash and Wax which I haven’t used but I know about it. Ultima Acrylic is also substantial/glossy and I would put it in the same category as well. The difference is that the Ultima products don’t contain carnauba but do contain polycharger to aid their protection. So different chemistries, but similar from a functional/consistency standpoint.

I would guess WW Uber RW is comparable to blue ONR, since both only put down very little gloss (not very substantial for an RW and you probably wouldn’t see much, if any water behavior change for even a day by using these).

Hope it helps, despite me not using ONRs, but I’m giving my best guess with only having plenty of experience with the other RWs you listed.
    Likes getgoing liked this post
    Thanks getgoing thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I didn`t watch the video, and I want to start with a disclaimer, that I haven`t used UWW as a rinsesless, only as a waterless, and I`ve never used the Ultima Acrylic Waterless, either.

However, I have used the other products, and I would say the ONR products are in a different class. They both stain the wash media, which IMO is huge nuisance. I would like to believe that this staining denotes a property that other washes don`t have, a property that makes ONR clean better or be safer (to the paint), but I`m not sure I believe that.

When you ask if these washes are "comparable", I`m not sure exactly what you mean. If there are "classes" of rinseless washes, ones that are just washes, ones that are "wash & wax", then I guess all the ones that fall into a particular class are comparable?

The Wolfgang Uber is a very nice product, it has some protection in it, so does the Duragloss rinseless product. The protection in the ONRWW is a sort-of patented UV protection, the same as in OCW. I don`t remember if they have extended the patent to the wash. FWIW, the patent on OCW is not about the UV protectant, per se, it`s an existing UV absorber, the patent was about the chemistry of the product which allowed the UV absorber to be effectively mixed in with the wax.

So the UWW is a nice waterless wash, as I said, I`ve never used it as a rinseless. It`s got Polycharger, which is a polymer/sealant, so that gives it some lubricity and protection.

Post Thanks / Like

I can`t answer all your questions, but I do have a lot of experience with some of the products. My experience with the Ultima Wash+ vs ONR is just the opposite of Scotts. It`s my go-to as a waterless, but as a rinseless it didn`t perform as well as original blue ONR for me. It took more time and effort to get a streak-free finish with the UWW+ and it seemed more prone to waterspotting when used without a drying aid, compared to ONR. Again, I do like it in waterless concentration. There`s always a bottle in my trunk for bird bombs and other spot cleaning needs, but that`s the only way I`ll use it.
    I guess that comes under the heading of "Your mileage may vary".

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

UWW+ is a superior product IMHO. I also like it because it’s can be used as rinseless & waterless. I have a small bottle of it, but probably won’t buy more because, unless it’s changed, it was about $100 a gallon.

I like Mckees as well & I think that’s like $40 a gallon with better ratios & can be used for all same uses as well. ONR I won’t be buying again.
    Likes getgoing, acuRAS82 liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used the original blue ONR and my opinion is that whatever sticks the dirt to the mitt leaves a slightly tacky residue on the paint. IMO Duragloss rinseless seems to leave a smoother surface. I am interested in trying out the Wolfgang as it`s supposed to be quite nice.

Thread Information