Post Thanks / Like

New Honda Pilot possibly coming to my home this spring

I think my wife and I have narrowed our SUV search to a Honda Pilot. It might be a few months until a purchase, but I thought I’d start planning

Any paint care tips for a Honda?

Can you request the dealer not do any pre detailing if you purchase new?

Also Honda offers a dealer installed XPel film for the front and mirror cowls. Are dealer installed XPel films a good deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Honda Pilot possibly coming to my home this spring

I have a Honda and the paint is soft so keep that in mind. Sure, I would request the dealer not touch it prior to delivery. As for the Xpel, I don’t know if a dealer install is as good as one from a dedicated shop. I guess it depends on the dealer

What color would your Pilot be?
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Get Xpel or your preferred done afterwards as it is significantly cheaper, unless you would not rather pay up front but have it tied into your payments

You can request that they don’t wash it but unless you special order which won’t come in till their next shipment it will have been touched. Most dealers will sell whats already on hand or or if you want something different trade with another dealer in state.

Before i special order, if the have model and color you want, inspect the paint. If in good shape just take that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    I think my wife and I have narrowed our SUV search to a Honda Pilot. It might be a few months until a purchase, but I thought I’d start planning..
    Hey, good choice, oughta be great! Good on you for starting the planning now.

Any paint care tips for a Honda?
    I bet it`s *THIN*, but I don`t really know.

Can you request the dealer not do any pre detailing if you purchase new?
    I always insisted on that when we were buying new vehicles. When I didn`t trust them, I had it written in on the sales contract, signed by them and me. I made it perfectly clear that I`d refuse delivery if they messed with it (which I did in fact do a few times).

I`d find out how Honda ships them (in a bag, in transit wrap, exactly how?) and refer to that during the ordering process. I`ve even arranged to be there when they pulled it off the truck a few times, just to be certain it`d be OK. The more/less you trust the dealership, the more/less you might want to put yourself out just for the peace-of-mind.

Also Honda offers a dealer installed XPel film for the front and mirror cowls. Are dealer installed XPel films a good deal?
    IF (and that`d be a huge "if") you could trust them to use good stuff and do it right, that could be great; centralized responsibility can be good. But did I mention that it could be a big "if"?

Post Thanks / Like

We have an Acura MDX. Pretty much the same paint and vehicle. You will love it. I have the pearl white and it hides a lot. I ceramic coated it and paint is easy to care for.

Enjoy it in the best of health.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I have a Honda and the paint is soft so keep that in mind. Sure, I would request the dealer not touch it prior to delivery. As for the Xpel, I don’t know if a dealer install is as good as one from a dedicated shop. I guess it depends on the dealer

What color would your Pilot be?
    We will either get the Obsidian Blue Pearl or the modern steel metallic

With 2 younger boys we are looking at the EXL model because it comes with leather. Young boys and cloth seats dont mix.

Can you talk dealers into both carpeted and all weather floor mats?

I have no idea. I do know that this dealership, Rahal Honda is one of the largest in PA. So I would assume the Xpel install would be very good. I would imagine they have pre-cut peices on hand.

I had to laugh the salesman was telling us about how he highly recommends we consider the inside and outside teflon coating. My wife was driving as he was talking about this and looked in the rearview mirror and just gave me that grin.....like yeah, that isn`t gonna happen Haha

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator,

Yeah I`m sure its thin, and proba ly pretty soft. Most Asian cars are soft clear, not?

As I said it my previous post about the dealership. They are one of the largest, if not the largest Honda dealer in PA. So I`ll assume they achieved this status for a reason...so I`m going to be asking some questions about the Xpel installation if I choose that route.

Probably won`t order so it will be one on the lot or one shipped in. I`ll just have to do a good inspection that says like coating`s recommendation. But like you said I will get something in writing that they do not detail it at all once we draw up a sales agreement

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    Accumulator,

Yeah I`m sure its thin, and proba ly pretty soft. Most Asian cars are soft clear, not?
    I can`t really say, haven`t had an Asian car since my `01 Mazda. As best I can tell from people here the Hondas do trend sorta soft, but not "Infinity-soft".
    As I said it my previous post about the dealership. They are one of the largest, if not the largest Honda dealer in PA. So I`ll assume they achieved this status for a reason...so I`m going to be asking some questions about the Xpel installation if I choose that route.
    It`ll be great if they`re all dialed-in on it.

Probably won`t order so it will be one on the lot or one shipped in. I`ll just have to do a good inspection that says like coating`s recommendation. But like you said I will get something in writing that they do not detail it at all once we draw up a sales agreement.
    I`d sure try to avoid one that`s been sitting on the lot!

Thread Information