Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Daily Driver Sealant? Looking for protection in the North-East

ctdave- Welcome to Autopia! That`s their "Poly Sealant", right? Good that it makes it through winter for you..I`ve thought about experimenting with the sample they sent me.

Post Thanks / Like

It`s the one step sealant in the white bottle. I do a coat than wait 24 hours for it to cure,one more coat after that gets me thru the winter and snow slides right off , if you need more shine I put a coat of canuba or I use the Meg`s ultimate spray when weather permits.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually was also looking at the Griot`s 3 in 1 ceramic spray wax. That might be a good sealant or topper.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of years ago I finally tried 1000p after seeing Accumulator raving about it. It’s great. Really is. Good self cleaning, nothing etches it, and using fk425 as a drying aid keeps it strong. I’ve also tried other drying aids like d156, garry dean forever, and ech2o. All work great. Tempted to try one of the otc ceramic sprays over it as a “topper.” It lasts and does not seem to be super picky about prep. The look is a little unique but I like it.

I could maybe find something “better looking,” but 1000p is just awesome in so many respects that I have a hard time trying all of the new fangled products. You find something you like and use it often, as Mike Phillips would say.
    2021 VW GLI Autobahn

Pure Gray/Black

Protected by 303 Graphene
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I think that is why I try the new and different products and always come back to Meg`s or Griot Garage. They work and look good. Right on Mike.

Post Thanks / Like

If you`re as lucky as I`ve been with the FK, you can even go from "..and use it often" to "..and use it as often as you need to", which can be a very different thing! I know that some folks really enjoy doing this stuff, but for the rest of us being able to just wash for months on end is great (Or even "not have to wash much any more" given that self-cleaning )

Though..heh heh, some of the latest offerings like that GG 3-in-1 Ceramic Spray sound so intriguing that I can almost imagine trying one just out of curiosity. Almost.

ctdave- Ah, OK. thanks for explaining. There are so many similarly-named products these days it`s hard for me to keep `em all straight.

That`s great that two coats gets you through winter so well!

imported_OneQuickGT1- I`m sure glad my recommendation worked out so well for you!

Yeah, it seems to play nice with all sorts of things, and imperfect prep never seems to really make a (functional) difference. Certainly seems completely compatible with IUDJ, and has always bonded fine over whatever my penultimate product might have left behind (I never strip the paint in a big way prior to FKing, almost always use a leaves-stuff-behind Finishing Polish/AIO prior).

I use the Meguiar`s UQW on a few areas of most vehicles, and I`ve experimented with it on paint though I`ve never tried it with the FK. I bet you noticed a big diff in the appearance between straight FK1000P and having the UQW on it as a topper. The D156 has a look that I can understand others liking, but it`s not right for me..and given how accustomed I am to seeing the FK-look, I`d expect *you* to see a big diff. SO...this inquiring mind would like to know whether you did or not

Post Thanks / Like

I even use the ultimate liquid wax on my windows (not windshield) and shiny painted paint. I f you try the ceramic let us know how you like it. I tried my new g9 yesterday and today I love it I will probable use the 6 to just wax or use a sealant. I also use the wax on the painted rims,makes brake dust easy to clean.

Post Thanks / Like

Got to take my grandson home now so I will talk later.

Post Thanks / Like

ctdave- That "LSP/etc. the glass" never worked out for me, but it sure does for others and I`m glad you`re among them

I *do* LSP almost all my wheels, and yeah, it makes things so much easier.

Glad, and not surprised, to hear you like the G9 so well. The GG6 isn`t bad, but I bet that`s a swell upgrade.

Oh, and..heh heh..I`m letting others do the New Product Beta Testing these days If I`m lucky, I`m all set on products for a good long time. Really do want to use things up in this lifetime, but that might be a tall order..even though I plan to be here for a good long while
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

C3uO - I am in the Northeast, based in NYC, a lot of winter driving, Pennsylvania, New England, Adirondacks, eastern Canada. I have been using FK1000p for about 10 years, it does very well in this climate, lasts from October until April-May with occasional rinsings. We get an oily, grubby winter sludge on the cars up here, mixed with sand, cinder grits etc. FK1000p holds up against that crud.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried many others, and now back to Power Lock. Great looks, very easy, durability.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information