Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Which sprayer for ONR

Hi guys,

Can someone please help me with three questions:

1. If I go to the Amazon page for Chemical guys sprayer, https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys.../dp/B07R69L9N1, I see two products: "Mister + Sprayer" and "Sprayer Only"
    What`s the difference between them?

2. How does the Chemical guys sprayer compare to the older iK MULTI 1.5 or the newer iK MULTI Pro 2.

3. What is the best sprayer for pre-soaking with ONR (Optimum No Rinse)?

I`d be thankful for any guidance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which sprayer for ONR

Never used the CG one, I have an iK 1.5 and you have to pump it pretty often to do an entire car. The Pro 2 requires less frequent pumping so that`s a big plus to me. I have like 5 different brands of sprayers. Outside of how much you`d have to pump they`d all work about the same for pre-soaking. My Marolex has the longest between pumps spray time, but they`re also by far the most expensive. I know it`s an old design, and doesn`t have fancy stuff like a trigger lock, but I really love my Kwazar Venus Pro 360. I own 3 different Kwazar`s and they`re all still working after 5 years. It`s only 1 liter but for something like a ONR pre soak you wouldn`t need more, probably a lot less than that even.

I`m guessing the CG`s just a rebagged Solo or similar company, so I`m sure it`s good. But for a bit more you can get the iK Pro 2 which is pretty damn nice.
    Likes KBsToy, getgoing liked this post
    Thanks getgoing thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by getgoing View Post
    Hi guys,

Can someone please help me with three questions:

1. If I go to the Amazon page for Chemical guys sprayer, https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys.../dp/B07R69L9N1, I see two products: "Mister + Sprayer" and "Sprayer Only"
    What`s the difference between them?

2. How does the Chemical guys sprayer compare to the older iK MULTI 1.5 or the newer iK MULTI Pro 2.

3. What is the best sprayer for pre-soaking with ONR (Optimum No Rinse)?

I`d be thankful for any guidance.

Marolex Acid Industry Ergo via Luxury Microfiber Store, if you’re only purchasing one (which is hard to limit yourself when you see and feel the quality), I’d get the 3000 version. You can do an entire midsize sedan, including wheels, with the 2000, but it is cutting it close for me, especially because I use the coin-op. These Marolex pump sprayers are quality, they make the IK’s, the EPOCA’s, and Kwazars seem cheap. I know there are mixed views and opinions about Scott, but don’t let them sway you from purchasing a Marolex from him, they are the best pump sprayers that I have tried, to date. Yes, there is a bit of a mark up on the sprayers compared to their price in Poland, however, all things considered, I can justify the price of entry. They are that nice.
    Likes getgoing liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Marolex Acid Industry Ergo via Luxury Microfiber Store, if you’re only purchasing one (which is hard to limit yourself when you see and feel the quality), I’d get the 3000 version. You can do an entire midsize sedan, including wheels, with the 2000, but it is cutting it close for me, especially because I use the coin-op. These Marolex pump sprayers are quality, they make the IK’s, the EPOCA’s, and Kwazars seem cheap. I know there are mixed views and opinions about Scott, but don’t let them sway you from purchasing a Marolex from him, they are the best pump sprayers that I have tried, to date. Yes, there is a bit of a mark up on the sprayers compared to their price in Poland, however, all things considered, I can justify the price of entry. They are that nice.
    Marolex’s cheaper on amazon and ebay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post

Ik pro about 2-3 pump ups to get around whole car.

IK 1. 5 too many times.

For just Rinseless pretreat i would just pick up a 1-2 gallon pump sprayer with wand from Lowes or Amazon. Can get one for about $10 and covers car with one pump up. from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likes KBsToy, getgoing liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but how long does one wait for the product to arrive? Through Amazon, it’s at least a month, compared to the 5-7 business days with LMF. For some, the markup is worth the expedited shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

And what about these on Amazon, guys:
    https://www.amazon.com/Beaugreen-Por.../dp/B07W1PXN3J
    https://www.amazon.com/Flesser-Press.../dp/B07TZF5WM2

Will they work for ONR? Or do the IK and Marolex have something extra that makes them better suited for ONR?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack
    For just Rinseless pretreat i would just pick up a 1-2 gallon pump sprayer with wand from Lowes or Amazon...
    That`s what I was thinking. I only use RW as a Drying Aid, but that`s how I do a whole vehicle (though I work in sections anyhow).

Post Thanks / Like

For just Rinseless pretreat i would just pick up a 1-2 gallon pump sprayer with wand from Lowes or Amazon. Can get one for about $10 and covers car with one pump up
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    That`s what I was thinking. I only use RW as a Drying Aid, but that`s how I do a whole vehicle (though I work in sections anyhow).

Hi guys, can you please share an Amazon link I can look at.

If a regular pump sprayer will work for ONR, when what is special about the branded iK and Marolex ones? Just want to understand.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys, can you please share an Amazon link I can look at...
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=pump+spra...l_3kog2v9k49_e

If a regular pump sprayer will work for ONR, when what is special about the branded iK and Marolex ones? Just want to understand...
    I don`t know why people use [special?] sprayers, IME most anything works fine with ONR/IUDJ. I got mine from the local bigbox (forget which one) when it was on sale for peanuts many years ago, and although I`ve dealt with its hose wearing out at the obvious flex-point, that was easy enough to fix (I just shortened the hose an inch or so and reinforced it with self-amalgamating tape so it would last even longer before I have to do it again).

Post Thanks / Like

The thing is that a cheap pump sprayer and ONR is a gateway to better sprayers and realizing that a pump sprayer is nice to use in more situations than just ONR spraying... The Marolex has the longest working time from one pump cycle, one can treat an entire midsize sedan with one pump cycle, whereas other sprayers will require multiple pump cycles, other sprayers of similar volume. One often buys a pump sprayer to save time, multiple pump cycles does not save time. True, one can buy a one of the Scott weed sprayers, they are decent products; they do have their short comings, but for some they may work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Yes, but how long does one wait for the product to arrive? Through Amazon, it’s at least a month, compared to the 5-7 business days with LMF. For some, the markup is worth the expedited shipping.
    Maybe to you personally. for $10-15 cheaper (20-25%). I’ll wait. Just giving options.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the only major difference i see is my IK multi pro and a generic garden hand held is alot less pumping and atomizes (more mist like than spray like). If using other more expensive products you’ll use less product and work less. For wheel cleaners and APC and interior cleaning the more expensive sprayers are worth it.

For pretreat with a rinseless product I am recommending a bigger wand sprayer as you can spray faster, get around car with one to two pump ups depending on sprayer, spend a 4th if the price on it.

Pre treat with a rinseless is cheap wouldn’t invest in a nicer sprayer. I actually use my IK MP 2 for pretreat because i wanted to check it out and see if maybe due to build quality switch all my foamers. It has up grades but sprayer/foamer are same as the old 1.5. I don’t have a use for a pump sprayer (I prefer foamers but not for RW pretreat) so I use it for pretreating but I like everything about my cheaper, bigger, wand sprayer FOR PRETREAT better.

I didn’t post links cuz i think it’s not allowed. I just bought the Scotts sprayer the sell at Homie Depot.

Post Thanks / Like

For wheel cleaners and APC and interior cleaning the more expensive sprayers are worth it.
    Thanks. Can I clarify something please. When you say "interior cleaning", are you saying that the expensive sprayers like Marolex and iK are worth it for inside cleaning? I am asking because I hadn`t seen any use of sprayers for interior cleaning (e.g. on Youtube), so I was curious.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Can I clarify something please. When you say "interior cleaning", are you saying that the expensive sprayers like Marolex and iK are worth it for inside cleaning? I am asking because I hadn`t seen any use of sprayers for interior cleaning (e.g. on Youtube), so I was curious.

Thanks.
    There are many chemicals that require the use of higher quality comments so that the sprayer endures continuous use, years. Generally, cheap sprayers are built with lower quality seals and plastics that do not endure alkaline or acid cleaners. Natively, ONR as a concentrate is acidic, but when mixed with water in certain dilutions, its pH is neutral, meaning it degrades seals not much more than water. So ONR is okay for cheap sprayers, but when you get into chemicals that are quite strong, more heavy duty seals and in some cases, plastics are needed. So, is my Marolex Acid Industry Ergo overkill for ONR, in the context of chemical strength, perhaps. But I know that I can run some pretty corrosive and volatile cleaners through the sprayer without having to worry about inexpensive parts failing on me. The Marolex and IK’s are worth it for any chemical they are rated for, which is a lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information