Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: IDA ??? Who supports ?

How many paid staff? Who are they and what are their salaries (and other benefits)?

Post Thanks / Like

Who started this organization, a fellow detailer or someone with a `business` idea?

Post Thanks / Like

All work is non-pay volunteer.
    Was started by a group of industry leaders, both successful detail operators with decades of such and leading product suppliers to the industry.
    Those are the one`s that gave the seed money to start it.
    The first attempt, of which some today were part of, was started in the late 80`s, and a couple of other attempts.
    It was not until the leaders and suppliers came together, applied successful business principals and organizational skills that world wide organization was launched.
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:
    Dislikes bad penny disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ketcham View Post
    All work is non-pay volunteer.
    Was started by a group of industry leaders, both successful detail operators with decades of such and leading product suppliers to the industry.
    Those are the one`s that gave the seed money to start it.
    The first attempt, of which some today were part of, was started in the late 80`s, and a couple of other attempts.
    It was not until the leaders and suppliers came together, applied successful business principals and organizational skills that world wide organization was launched.
    Non profits that I`m involved with are upfront about who their board of directors and officers are (real names). Many mail me their annual report (without even asking) too.
    You seem very secretive about both which makes me even more suspicious.
    If I was a gambling man I would bet that this organization will fail just like it`s predecessors.

Post Thanks / Like

Btw. You still didn`t answer my question lol

Post Thanks / Like

For someone who hasn`t been in the business for long, you sure seem determined to pick the IDA apart, rather than use their contact on their site
    If you truly have been in detailing as a professional, you would recognize many names in the IDA`s board,etc.
    Such as Renny Doyle, Greg Swett, Scott Perkins, Gina Budai, Chris West,etc, then the companies like Mequiar`s, Mothers, AutoGeek, 3D, etc.
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:
    Likes Swanicyouth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    Non profits that I`m involved with are upfront about who their board of directors and officers are (real names). Many mail me their annual report (without even asking) too.
    You seem very secretive about both which makes me even more suspicious.
    If I was a gambling man I would bet that this organization will fail just like it`s predecessors.
    Show us on the doll where the IDA touched you...

https://the-ida.com/page/Board
    Likes Billy Baldone, Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks Billy Baldone thanked for this post
    Dislikes bad penny disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ketcham View Post
    For someone who hasn`t been in the business for long, you sure seem determined to pick the IDA apart, rather than use their contact on their site
    If you truly have been in detailing as a professional, you would recognize many names in the IDA`s board,etc.
    Such as Renny Doyle, Greg Swett, Scott Perkins, Gina Budai, Chris West,etc, then the companies like Mequiar`s, Mothers, AutoGeek, 3D, etc.
    Who hasn`t been in business long?

Are any of these folk actual detailers?? The names that I do recognize I always see on facebook trying to sell me something.
    And again, what is your role with the IDA?????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorram View Post
    Show us on the doll where the IDA touched you...

https://the-ida.com/page/Board
    Your going to make fun of child molestation because I have legit questions?

Thanks for the link btw. Looks like EVERYONE on the board is trying to sell me something...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    Your going to make fun of child molestation because I have legit questions?

Thanks for the link btw. Looks like EVERYONE on the board is trying to sell me something...
    You`re not taking this a little too far are you? We`re talking about an organization that is voluntary. You don`t want to join, don`t.

I`m a cynic and a skeptic towards most licensing in general but this isn`t mandatory. As someone said in another thread it`s not like customers care if you`re certified or not. It`s not like getting a useless A+ cert just to get your foot into IT.
    Likes Ron Ketcham liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information