Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone Tried The Rag Company`s New "The Gauntlet" Microfiber Drying Towel??

Leave it to The Rag Company to offer a new type of microfiber drying towel. Add this to their "Dry Me a River " and more recent "Pluffle" drying towels. I see it is offered in four different sizes: 12x12"; 15x24"; 20x30"; and 30x36" to accommodate detailer`s drying tasks and preferences. I am just curious if anyone has tried them out and what you thoughts are. I read a few reviews from customers who bought them at Detailed Image and some like it, one did not and said not to waste your money.

I currently use Griot`s Garage PFM Terry Weave Drying Towels that I bought as a 16x16" 2-pack (I bought 2 2-packs) rather than the large (and cumbersome) 25x35" towel, after much debate and input from you Autopians. They are the "Gold Standard" for microfiber drying towels, in my opinion. Yes, they are more expensive, BUT they perform as advertised and I understand why so many of you, both professional and hobbyists alike, use them. Remember, this is coming from an old-school detailer who refused to give up his chamois (yes, that goat leather drying cloth used for millennia by detailers) Hey, even Captain Obvious knows that sometimes you can teach an old dog a new trick! (OR a even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then).
    GB detailer
    Likes Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone Tried The Rag Company`s New "The Gauntlet" Microfiber Drying Towel??

I’d be totally amazed if another towel can surpass the drying ability of the PFM. It’s one of the best detailing products I ever bought. Now if another towel can come along with equal performance at a much lesser price, that would be interesting.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Vegas1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I almost ordered some of The Gauntlet when they sent out the email announcement. The microfiber business is a "what have you done for me lately" business, there is always something new, whether we need it or not. Which I guess could be said broadly of the whole detailing industry or the whole consumer economy we live in.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Jaddie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just finished my drying towel test a few months ago and now they release this..... microfiber madness also released another drying towel.

PFM drying towel still holds the crown for me.. but mckee37 drying towel came in close behind it. McKee37 towel is half the price though.. (mckee towel and autofiber dreadnaught towel seem to be the same towel)

Post Thanks / Like

Wait...what? Autofiber Dreadnaught, you say? Oh, I see. I keep forgetting Ian resurrected the Autofiber website and puts stuff on there he doesn`t sell at Microfiber Tech.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I’d be totally amazed if another towel can surpass the drying ability of the PFM. It’s one of the best detailing products I ever bought. Now if another towel can come along with equal performance at a much lesser price, that would be interesting.

The Luxury Microfiber edged Sucker out performs the competing size PFM, every day of the week, even when the PFM is *newer* than the LMF Sucker. Of course I like the lightness of the PFM, but if I am going for pure drying power, it is the LMF Sucker. All. Day. Long. Of course these two towels are competitively priced.

Post Thanks / Like

Is LMF the one sold by Dallas Paint Correction?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Is LMF the one sold by Dallas Paint Correction?
    Yup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I will keep an eye on it. I might just be amazed.

Post Thanks / Like

Im sure Scott’s sucker and the the Gauntlet are great towels. Id be hard pressed to say they would be better or worse than each other. I’d buy which ever is cheapest (prolly griots with 25% off at AG).

Their all 1000+ GSM twisted loop micro fiber. Everyone wants to find something better than PFM. Its like a sports car everyone will tell you why a certain ones better when In reality they all perform great.

I was ready to pick up a dreadnought and a Sucker till AG had that awesome MF sale. Won’t need another drying towel for years.

Try the guantlet.... TRC makes great products.

I personally am done with Scott as i watched his video’s early in and he kept on telling us how his/our industry is gouging us... over charging us... then comes out with products priced like any other boutique brand.

He’s on the consumer’s side till he wants are money. Hypocrisy!Anyone Tried The Rag Company`s New "The Gauntlet" Microfiber Drying Towel??Anyone Tried The Rag Company`s New "The Gauntlet" Microfiber Drying Towel??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes gorram, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just read a nefarious account about his coating. Makes me wonder about the other products in his store. Right now I’m just glad I have the PFM.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 15x24 and its way to bulky. Im a fan of 1 or two smaller towels. My go to towel now is Mckees Glacier 16x16 or TRC FTW 16x16.
    I did buy the 12x12’s and they are too small. Plus being dark i cant see dirt which bothers me.

Microfiber Madness has their version called the Chipmunk... and they have a 16x16. Plus its a lighter gray color win win.

With that said i tested the towel on a panel and it left some streaks where the softer stripes contacted the paint.
    Thanks Tc99m thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

SO, the Dallas Paint Correction is former Autopian All-Star (my designation) Scott Wax`s company??
    Sounds like he has lost some of his "luster" (AKA credibility) with some of you Autopian forum members.

Did not know there was even such a thing as LFM Sucker or Autofiber Dreadnaught microfiber drying towels.

Keep your comments coming about TRC`s "The Gauntlet".
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

No, my understanding is he’s another Scott, not Scottwax
    Likes Lonnie, Old Pirate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

just looked at the LFM sucker towel. looks similiar to autofiber dreadnaught/mckee glacier. mckee seemed to have best pricing when they have a sale going on. i think i bought a 20x30 3 pack for $35? tough to beat that price...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information