Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone Tried The Rag Company`s New "The Gauntlet" Microfiber Drying Towel??

Quote Originally Posted by kjeeper View Post
    A true waffle weave or Twist loop are the most absorbent towels..
    Different experience here. While I`ve never done a properly objective test, even my best WWMFs don`t dry any better, if as well, as my non-twisted-loop MF Drying Towels. Whenever I`ve dried with the looped ones (e.g., the PFMs for Glass which I realize aren`t made for regular drying), they didn`t dry as well as my DMC. All-in-all, the DMC seem 100% perfect to me other than the linting. My best WWMF doesn`t lint, but it doesn`t dry as well and needs more applied pressure in some instances.

Eh, I hope that doesn`t sound like I`m arguing, just that my experiences are different.
    Likes kjeeper liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I have yet to have an EE lint on me although I only use for waterless and rinseless...
    I wonder if they do lint, just not enough to be obvious. Eh, not implying you`re careless/etc. by any means, and/but it seems that Linting Experiences with the EE are all over the map.

The Everest don’t lint and I use for topper and sealant...
    Ah, interesting! How are they for Drying?

I’m not a fan of TRC because of issues i’ve had with them..
    Now that`s interesing too! My experiences with them have been great. Hmm...hope I didn`t just jinx that!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I wonder if they do lint, just not enough to be obvious. Eh, not implying you`re careless/etc. by any means, and/but it seems that Linting Experiences with the EE are all over the map.

Now that`s interesing too! My experiences with them have been great. Hmm...hope I didn`t just jinx that!
    My orange EE lint a little. I have a similar towel from Carecarez (yellow) that i really like for RW’s (coral weave MF). They lint a ton if i use for drying or sealant removal.

Actually, drying my towels in a dryer on low heat helped with lint a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Different experience here. While I`ve never done a properly objective test, even my best WWMFs don`t dry any better, if as well, as my non-twisted-loop MF Drying Towels. Whenever I`ve dried with the looped ones (e.g., the PFMs for Glass which I realize aren`t made for regular drying), they didn`t dry as well as my DMC. All-in-all, the DMC seem 100% perfect to me other than the linting. My best WWMF doesn`t lint, but it doesn`t dry as well and needs more applied pressure in some instances.

Eh, I hope that doesn`t sound like I`m arguing, just that my experiences are different.
    Actually my very first towel was the CG’s wooly mammoth. Dries great but its a bulky towel. I just prefer 1 or 2 smaller towels. One in each hand .. move around the car rather quickly.

I like my twist loop 16x16 towels haha

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone Tried The Rag Company`s New "The Gauntlet" Microfiber Drying Towel??

Yeah may be that theirs a little lint after washing but drying with PFM removes?

Never actually tried but I’d assume not to good. Low pyle wrong nap

It was CS with an IK foamer. They were very dismissive about a warranty issue.

I’ll only buy their towels now. All other products i can get elsewhere and will. If i find better towels than the Eagle’s and Everest from some one else ill probably do that.

Found some interesting ones for the EE but for removing and appling toppers sealants i just love the Everest

I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

kjeeper- I sure agree with you on the sizing, I`d much rather use a few smaller ones than those big things.
    Likes kjeeper liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just used the 16x16 Chipmunk on my jeep. Worked pretty good. I did follow with a FTW since i was using a drying aid.

Post Thanks / Like

Coatings=crack- Ah, OK, yeah..bad CS can leave an awful taste! I`ve never bought anything from TRC except towels.

This thread has me wondering whether I`ll ever replace many of my MFs and if so what I`ll do..there are a lot of choices these days. Other than the ones I use for household stuff, mine last a long, long time. Some of my original ones from the early `90s are still just fine.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kjeeper View Post
    I just used the 16x16 Chipmunk on my jeep. Worked pretty good...
    Hmm..."pretty good" rather than "incredibly well"/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Did not know there was even such a thing as LFM Sucker or Autofiber Dreadnaught microfiber drying towels..
    Me either. And speaking of feeling out-of-touch...

I did follow with a FTW since i was using a drying aid.
    What`s a "FTW"?

Post Thanks / Like

I think I still have every premium MF I ever bought too. They do last for quite some time. I was lucky to only have one batch of bad, linting ones for the entire history of my purchasing them and with that I still kept them for non detailing stuff.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Been using the twistres and pfm. Both good. The pfm seems to get elongated loops in the wash. Griots always finds a reason why their warranty does not apply to my issue. The 3” polisher stunk did nothing. No return possible ? The pfm s I own several need constant maintenance in tbe way of hair cuts that can’t be good for performance and CS thinks I snag them on my emblems. Great.

I know people who love their stuff and I’d try anything that is better than what I’m using even if it’s griots.

Post Thanks / Like

JSFM35X- Sorry to hear your Griot`s CS experiences mirror mine It`s getting to where I`m looking for reasons to shop elsewhere, which is a complete 180 from how I use to feel about GG.

But I will say that their PFMs for Glass are so great that I`m sure glad I got them. (Too small though, I go through a scad of `em every time.)

Post Thanks / Like

I felt they should’ve replaced a virtually unused backing plate that got brittle and cracked. So yeah, not the very best CS they can be.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    So yeah, not the very best CS they can be.
    Noting that I can perhaps be a bit sensitive about the subject...what bugs me is when they imply the customer is, uhm...challenged.

"We don`t sell things like that.." when I`m reading off the Griot`s label, including the PN# for reordering.
    "You must`ve snagged an emblem.." (and not realized it? didn`t know you shouldn`t do that?).. when JSFM35X has issues with a PFM.

To be fair about it, thinking..."don`t attribute to maliciousness what can be attributed to mere stupidity"...I assume the CS Rep is an idiot who just doesn`t realize that others might not be. I probably oughta feel sorry for the [individual] but it`s not easy...

OR...maybe the internal GG CS Policy is to assume the Customer is in the wrong, either intentionally or through those implied challenges.

Either way there are other vendors who don`t treat people that way and I set the bar pretty high for Griot`s given how Richard has always come across.

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator:
    FTW is The Rag Company`s (TRC`s) Premium Twisted Loop Weave 550 GSM Microfiber for cleaning glass or polishing metal (their recommended detailing task application, not mine.) How the "F" letter gets in there where TLW is the microfiber type is beyond me. Maybe something got lost in translation from Korean (Foreign language bashing are we, Captain Obvious?? Everything someone says about "others" is so sensitive these days, BUT it is for a good reason: No one likes to be made fun of or joked about at their expense.)
    I do see on TRC`s website that in customer`s reviews they are using this microfiber with Rene`s Beadmaker
    GB detailer

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information