Post Thanks / Like

Suggestions for Cleaning Acrylic Plexi-glass Dividers/Windows

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and guidelines from the CDC for employees and persons at checkouts and customer service desks, many business have installed Plexi-glass dividers between customers and employees for obvious safety reasons in face-to-face interactions. My wife`s dental office, though currently not open, has done this at their front patient check-in desk.
    My question is, what are good methods and products to clean such plastic glass?? I ask because my wife`s office manager was going to clean this divider with paper toweling and Windex after it was installed. I told my wife to tell her office manager NOT to do this, as the paper toweling would scratch the plastic and the ammonia in Windex would haze the plastic. I told my wife to use a specific plastic cleaner like Plexus Plastic cleaner spray or Novus 1 cleaner spray and a very soft microfiber towel or clothe. I hope the office manager has avoided this common plastic cleaning faux pas.
    If you know of others products or specific microfiber clothes, PLEASE let me know. This is going to be a very common cleaning task in many offices and businesses once stay-at-home declarations are lifted and certain businesses/public places are allowed to accept and serve customers/patients/guests/visitors/students into their buildings again.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suggestions for Cleaning Acrylic Plexi-glass Dividers/Windows

Always have used Plexus with great results!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes Stokdgs, Old Pirate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sprayway foaming glass cleaner has always worked for me. Her office could always upgrade to the Kirkland yellow`s, as well. However, I would look into solutions from companies like cintAs or ECOLAB. I think cintAs has microfiber laundering services. As well, if someone were to fall ill, I certainly hope not, I would have reason to believe that if the dental office`s cleaning products were to be provided by a regulated company, some of the repercussions may be mitigated from her office and placed on the service company. Remember that there is a difference between regular cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfection. With a plexi-glass cleaner, her office can only claim that the surface has been cleaned. For longevity of the plexiglass, I`d suggest the staff be taught how to properly clean the plexi-glass, and I`d even question having the plexiglass wrapped in a thin ppf or have tear-offs, like the tear-offs found on race car windshields, OR have the office purchase another plexi-glass divider as backup. That way they can be switched out and one can be sent in for refinishing. I know these ideas are a bit expensive, but they are realities that many aren`t thinking off. I`ve been to Aldi a few times since they have introduced the plexiglass dividers, every consecutive time I go, the barriers are in worse shape and a tiny bit more hazy to look through. If we were certified in biohazard cleanup, and had the proper legal protection, and had the proper equipment, we as detailers could possibly make some serious money over the next few years.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Plexus is the way to go!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve always used Plexus on my 98` Honda CBR and it was amazing. However, when cleaning plexiglass windscreens (Such as behind the rear seats of convertibles, I like the Novus cleaner.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Thread Information