Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone Tried The Rag Company`s New "The Gauntlet" Microfiber Drying Towel??

I`m 100% satisfied with my Dry Me Crazy MFs, but I`m still curious about what makes that twin-weave "feature" desirable?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I`m 100% satisfied with my Dry Me Crazy MFs, but I`m still curious about what makes that twin-weave "feature" desirable?
    Is the Dry Me Crazy like the Rag Company`s Everest towel?

Side Note Everyone: Regarding Scott with DPC/LMF, his Sucker/Jr. and Jack towels are great, the Jack`s are nicer and more plush that the equivalent TRC Eagle Edgeless. Revive is a fantastic rinseless wash, currently going through my year old bottle of it, performs nicely great slickness. Armor V.1 is okay, not very resilient to TDS levels, my current tap water renders Armor V.1 almost completely hydrophilic, just trying to finish the bottle because I don`t want to throw it away; Turtle Wax HSC is much easier to work with and is more resilient to high TDS levels, stays pretty hydrophobic. For the other DPC/LMF products, I cannot speak because I do not have experience with them. However, as long as Scott is selling the Marolex sprayers and Sucker drying towels, he will have my business until he stops selling them or until I die; I am 26 yrs old so that could be a long time.

I am curious to see how people like The Gauntlet. It is certainly on the inexpensive side, however it doesn`t appear to be much similar in GSM to the PFM or Sucker. If I remember correctly the towel is based on the Twistress, a towel that does impress me very much. Try as I might, clean as I can get the towel, the 20"x24" Twistress does not dry my car, leaving zero residue, after my spotless rinse at the coin-op. I`d like to see more reviews covering The Gauntlet before I`d buy.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t get the hate for Scott, yes he has videos selling his products, and yes they aren`t cheap. But they`re also not OOOOMG expensive like people make them out to be. And to this day he still makes videos showing us good products that are cheap as hell. I`d use his Rinseless if it came in a gallon jug. And his towels are FANTASTIC, well I only own one but I love it.

I know a lot of people are furious at how much he`s charging for the Marolex sprayers he sells now. All I can say is a few years ago I paid A LOT more on Ebay than he charges to have one shipped from Poland lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t seen him make a video in a while. Almost forgot about him. Hopefully he’ll post one soon.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    I don`t get the hate for Scott, yes he has videos selling his products, and yes they aren`t cheap. But they`re also not OOOOMG expensive like people make them out to be. And to this day he still makes videos showing us good products that are cheap as hell. I`d use his Rinseless if it came in a gallon jug. And his towels are FANTASTIC, well I only own one but I love it.

I know a lot of people are furious at how much he`s charging for the Marolex sprayers he sells now. All I can say is a few years ago I paid A LOT more on Ebay than he charges to have one shipped from Poland lol.
    I`ve only been detailing for a few years and I did get some good info from his videos. However the unnecessary sh** stirring that he does and trying to force controversy where none is needed was enough for me to tap out. As @Coatings-crack said, to constantly complain that "my industry just wants to rip you off" then start selling his own line in a market that is already saturated with too many great products doesn`t compute. I know someone who bought his coating and had it harden up in the bottle after a short period of time and Scott`s responses to him were pretty foul.

As for the topic, I`m very much a fan of the PFM, particularly the 16x16 ones. I picked up the large PFM back when AG had that huge microfiber sale several months back. It`s just too much towel in both mass and size, seems like the Gauntlet would be similar. Love the rest of TRCs towels though.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Because it`s new! And different!

To be completely cynical...when I came to the detailing forum world I found my cotton terry towels were passe, and I had to have waffle weave drying towels. So I bought a lot of them. Along with a lot of other terry MF for other things. Then for a bit, waffle weaves were passe, and the drying towel to have was a giant plush terry microfiber. Then came the twist pile towels...then it was "have we exhausted the ways to make people buy towels? we can`t go back to waffle weave...wait! Let`s make a furry waffle weave and call it the Pluffle!" So...how can they make people go from Pluffles to something else? Let`s take a twist-fiber towel and stripe it with terry!

Or maybe the pitch is "can`t decide what style of drying towel to buy? Torn between a waffle weave and a plush? Here`s a Pluffle! Torn between a twist-fiber and a plush? here`s a Gauntlet! If you can`t decide between ice cream and cake, here`s a Baked Alaska! Can`t decide between a donut and a cookie? Here`s a deep-fried Oreo!

It`s like how ties went from dots to stripes to wide to flowers to birds to dots to stripes to narrow...I can just hang on to all the ties I`ve ever bought AND the ones I inherited from my father and they will all go in and out of style if I wait long enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Setec Astronomy- That "gee, it`s new and different" is about what I thought too.

I will say that I never liked the idea of WWMFs for drying, always wanting a very plush towel with somewhat long (and unlooped) nap. I just don`t feel there`s much margin for error with a WW if/when a speck of abrasive [stuff] gets between it and the vehicle. And my WWMFs always quit working well while the DMC is lasting much longer (in the functional sense).

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Is the Dry Me Crazy like the Rag Company`s Everest towel?
    The blend is a little different and the DMC is apparently a little heavier..but I think they`re about the same.

One of the things I really like about the DMC is that it does *NOT* have "loops". I gather the Everest doesn`t either, but I`ve never actually seen one to know for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Setec Astronomy- That "gee, it`s new and different" is about what I thought too.

I will say that I never liked the idea of WWMFs for drying, always wanting a very plush towel with somewhat long (and unlooped) nap. I just don`t feel there`s much margin for error with a WW if/when a speck of abrasive [stuff] gets between it and the vehicle. And my WWMFs always quit working well while the DMC is lasting much longer (in the functional sense).

The blend is a little different and the DMC is apparently a little heavier..but I think they`re about the same.

One of the things I really like about the DMC is that it does *NOT* have "loops". I gather the Everest doesn`t either, but I`ve never actually seen one to know for sure.
    The Everest is a plush towel. Not as loose as Eagle Edgeless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    The Everest is a plush towel. Not as loose as Eagle Edgeless
    Yeah, I might consider something like that next time I`m replacing `em, though I don`t expect that to be for many years.

Yeah#2 I have what I *think* is an Eagle Edgeless (freebie from....?somebody?..looks like one) and like my (linty) Shamrocks, it`s a pretty "loose" towel for its GSM, much more so than any of my made-specifically-for-drying ones.

The DMC is more like my...oh, what`s it called?...eh, can`t recall ...the earliest double-layer/ultra-thick flush white MFs. Those (still) lint quite a bit too, but are fine for Drying Aid-assisted final wipedowns and I assume would be OK as regular Drying Towels too. What *are* those called?!? It`ll probably come to me as soon as I log off...

Post Thanks / Like

I have yet to have an EE lint on me although I only use for waterless and rinseless. The Everest don’t lint and I use for topper and sealant. I’m not a fan of TRC because of issues i’ve had with them but for me the sell some awesome towels.

I like the pluffles when applying sealants wet after washes...

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone Tried The Rag Company`s New "The Gauntlet" Microfiber Drying Towel??

Got my Chipmunks. Slightly thicker towel. Seems the soft stripes are not as long as the Gauntlets. The border is unique.. soft MF’r but the way its woven is cool.
    Seemed to worked pretty good on a test panel.

Currently in dryer, will get pics soon.

Edit: i just noticed my Gauntlet 12x12 actually measures 11x11 ish.
    Chipmunk seemed huge compared to it .. measures right at 16x16.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I have yet to have an EE lint on me although I only use for waterless and rinseless. The Everest don’t lint and I use for topper and sealant. I’m not a fan of TRC because of issues i’ve had with them but for me the sell some awesome towels.

I like the pluffles when applying sealants wet after washes...

Pluffle sucks as a straight drying towel.
    Ive been using as a final buff with a WW or using a drying aid w/ a RW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kjeeper View Post
    Pluffle sucks as a straight drying towel.
    Ive been using as a final buff with a WW or using a drying aid w/ a RW.
    Yeah mine sucked at first too but using them to dry with cosmic or overcoat seems to dry it up no problem. Maybe because products hydrophobics?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah mine sucked at first too but using them to dry with cosmic or overcoat seems to dry it up no problem. Maybe because products hydrophobics?

A true waffle weave or Twist loop are the most absorbent towels. The Pluffle towel is 0 waffle weave. Its just a soft, longer pile towel with pockets. It tends to push water around like a regular longer pile towel like the EE. Plus its thinness does not absorb a lot of water.
    Its one if my favorite towels but not for drying. Ive been meaning to try with a RW.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information