Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts on my spring cleanup plan

Working on finalizing my spring cleanup and protection plan for my Ford Fusion

Once the wash / decon steps are done

Polish with 3D One

Prep paint with Hybrid Solutions Polish and Wax

Coat with Hybrid Solutions ceramic spray sealant

Wheels with McKee`s 37 wheel coating

Tires going to try out Gyeon tire

Glass clean good and coat with Griots glass sealant

Not a whole lot of plastic trim on this so no real need for much there

Tossing around the topper for the spray coating. With Tac Moonlight or Shine Supply Clutch....what say you?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thoughts on my spring cleanup plan

While I`ve not tried Tac Systems Moonlight yet everything I`ve ever seen about it says I would be using that instead of the TW product. Was going to grab some a while back but it was sold out and went with cquartz lite, which has been very impressive going on 4 months on my truck.

Going to try to get my Mother`s new to her car (pearl white Lexus nx200t) done tomorrow since we have a good forecast for the next few days. Was going to try for a one step with 3D One as well to keep things simple.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorram View Post
    While I`ve not tried Tac Systems Moonlight yet everything I`ve ever seen about it says I would be using that instead of the TW product. Was going to grab some a while back but it was sold out and went with cquartz lite, which has been very impressive going on 4 months on my truck.

Going to try to get my Mother`s new to her car (pearl white Lexus nx200t) done tomorrow since we have a good forecast for the next few days. Was going to try for a one step with 3D One as well to keep things simple.
    I appreciate your input, but I want to give the TW a try as my base and use moonlight or clutch as a occasional topper.

Another question from me.....would beadmaker be ok to use as a drying aid after a maintenance wash over the TW spray coating?

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure how well your LSP is going to stay adhered to your Polish and Wax product..

I never apply anything to corrected paint without first wiping it all down, sometimes, several times, to insure that the LSP will have the best opportunity to adhere the best to a clean surface...

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    I am not sure how well your LSP is going to stay adhered to your Polish and Wax product..

I never apply anything to corrected paint without first wiping it all down, sometimes, several times, to insure that the LSP will have the best opportunity to adhere the best to a clean surface...

Dan F
    Yeah I will be using an Eraser wipe down prior to applying the LSP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    Working on finalizing my spring cleanup and protection plan for my Ford Fusion

Once the wash / decon steps are done

Polish with 3D One

Prep paint with Hybrid Solutions Polish and Wax

Coat with Hybrid Solutions ceramic spray sealant

Wheels with McKee`s 37 wheel coating

Tires going to try out Gyeon tire

Glass clean good and coat with Griots glass sealant

Not a whole lot of plastic trim on this so no real need for much there

Tossing around the topper for the spray coating. With Tac Moonlight or Shine Supply Clutch....what say you?

If you are going to use the TW polish & wax then just use the TW spray coating as a stand alone. The benefit of it being a spray is you can use it often.

I would actually use Moonlight as it is the more durable product with it being a coating lite. In my opinion you would be working backwards using TW as a base and topping it with Moonlight. But I would use it after polishing with 3D One and call it a day with Moonlight. You can top it with Clutch, TW Spray Coating or even more moonlight. I say this as Moonlight may not bond to the "wax" left behind by the TW polish.

There is no guarantee that Eraser will remove the protection left behind by the TW polish & wax.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

If it was me, I would correct with your 3D, wipe down and apply your LSP..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Guz.... Moonlight is the stronger product. If not wanting to sway from the TW product i would top with itself or Clutch. Clutch has near 10% silica which is probably double the Hybrid solutions.

I’ve done Moonlight topped with Clutch and would say thats your winning combo. Before i got all cracked out on silica my plan was simple....

Cquk3.0 topped with can-coat or moonlight maintained by Clutch. Even bought a gallon of Clutch because i thought buy it and be done.

Now because of my topper addiction I’ll probably be buried with half of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Not completely sold on anything yet. I just decided to enter the works of coatings this spring and the Hybrid solutions seemed like the perfect “lite type” coating to attempt.

For the coating lite route can you use Beadmaker as a drying aid, or can I used the Hybrid Solutions or Meg’s Ceramic detailer as a drying aid, or aren’t they to be used as a drying aid.

From the advice here though it sounds like I’ll want to use Clutch as a topper periodically....is the recommendation once a month?

Post Thanks / Like

Not completely sold on anything yet. I just decided to enter the works of coatings this spring and the Hybrid solutions seemed like the perfect “lite type” coating to attempt.

For the coating lite route can you use Beadmaker as a drying aid, or can I used the Hybrid Solutions or Meg’s Ceramic detailer as a drying aid, or aren’t they to be used as a drying aid.

From the advice here though it sounds like I’ll want to use Clutch as a topper periodically....is the recommendation once a month?

Clutch once a month will be fine jeremy (Shine Supply) recommends it. Hybrids Solutions ceramic quick wax is a dedicated drying aid and works nice.

CG has after wash which actually sheets more water off when sprayed but don’t know if thats a benefit. TWHSQW looks better.

Ammo Hydrate better than both as a dedicated drying aid.

Most economical is making your own Elixer mix. I am now trying 2.5 oz Carpros Ech20 to 1.5oz clutch. I feel its as good as CG and TW drying aids and much more economical. Also use as a QD and leaves nice gloss

Post Thanks / Like

if you can get enough cut out of tw aio polish you could top it with tw spray coating without a wipedown[ pretty sure]

Post Thanks / Like

Gee, I`m surprised people are talking about "monthly topping" of a coating-type product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Gee, I`m surprised people are talking about "monthly topping" of a coating-type product.
    Definitely not needed but some believe it will make coating last longer as i believe and some would be Ok if it lasted a little shorter but don’t top as to mask coatings properties.

Here’s the thing. Most who don’t get are thinking about protection. They don’t get idea of protecting the protection. I know nothing will protect my paint better than my coating. Nothing i have used on my coating has made it perform any worse to my eye but I’ve used pretty solid toppers and feel Cosmic and Overcoat make it perform better. That could be all in my head but hey my head my car.

The main reason people top are because the just want to. Its their therapy. Like waxing monthly.

Thats part if why i do it but seems like your main concern is protection where mine is looks. Cosmic DEFINITELY makes my car look better. I will get at least 24 applications out of my $100 application of Cosmic. That’s on the high end of price and use.

That breaks down to $4.16 an application. If that adds just a little protection and makes her pretty year round definitely worth it.

The only problem is i keep buying them. Its just replacing the wax addiction. I bought a gallon of Clutch just planning to use that and now i still got 3/4’s gallon left.

It’s just a different mindset than you have as protection is key,Someones gotta keep Autopia and Autogeek in business.

Post Thanks / Like

Coatings=crack- Ah, OK, I thought it was some kind of Functional Issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack
    ..The main reason people top are because the just want to. Its their therapy. Like waxing monthly...
    Noting that yeah, gee..this *is* Autopia I`ll admit that does continue to escape me, I just don`t think of it, nor understand it when I do. When somebody like Richard Griot talks about "Garage Therapy" I think it`s just something to get sales.

..seems like your main concern is protection where mine is looks...
    I don`t really see it as an either/or in most cases (exception: my Jag really only looks right to me when wearing products that don`t last/protect all that well, so that`s what I`ve always used on it), but the Appearance thing is definitely subjective. When somebody finds the approach that makes *him* happy, then cool, that`s that!

The only problem is i keep buying them. Its just replacing the wax addiction...
    Noting that I do take plenty of flak for being oh-so-serious about many things, I sure hope that`s 100% facetious
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Coatings=crack- Ah, OK, I thought it was some kind of Functional Issue.

Noting that yeah, gee..this *is* Autopia I`ll admit that does continue to escape me, I just don`t think of it, nor understand it when I do. When somebody like Richard Griot talks about "Garage Therapy" I think it`s just something to get sales.

I don`t really see it as an either/or in most cases (exception: my Jag really only looks right to me when wearing products that don`t last/protect all that well, so that`s what I`ve always used on it), but the Appearance thing is definitely subjective. When somebody finds the approach that makes *him* happy, then cool, that`s that!

Noting that I do take plenty of flak for being oh-so-serious about many things, I sure hope that`s 100% facetious
    No its funny but i told myself no more toppers this year but have bought HS quick wax, griots 3-1 and Megs hybrid ceramic detailer. I literally have enough toppers for the next 5 years....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information