Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Winter Washing in NY - Self Service wash

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Wasn`t too long ago that I emptied my cabinet and spent 90 minutes trying to remove the haze...that ended up being on my glasses and not the paint.

All good fun now...looking back on itWinter Washing in NY - Self Service wash

Not to take light your inconvenience but THAT was funny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Wasn`t too long ago ..[and then there was]...my first time using GG6..
    Heh heh, the first one I can understand; my vision sometimes has me confusing eye-issues with paint-issues

The second...well, that`s a good example of why I think people oughta really study this stuff before getting to work, sometimes takes a while to refresh the stuff we learned ages ago in school.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Would of reply earlier but my account was waiting to be activated. I used multiple mitts last winter, worked fine. My jeep hasn’t been washed in months and sealant was about dead. Last Monday i took my IK Foamer, 2 buckets with with warm water, 1 mitt, Worx blower, and 2 rag Company FYW drying towels. I used Opti Power clean 1:10 in the IK 9 And 1:5 in my 1.5 for the wheels. Rinsed the jeep and foamed with the OPC. Bucket washed with P&S Pearl shampoo before drying. I use Auto Fanatics 007 when drying, applying more than a typical drying aid application. With that said .. what I noticed when i got home. The buckets were rather clean. The jeep was covered in salt, sand, etc.
    the Power Clean did a fantastic job as a pre treat cleaning the paint. The 007 is a awesome polymer sealant similar to Bead Maker without massive dust attraction. Also if you haven’t tried the FTW towels (with a drying aid) they are freaking fantastic.

The coin up i used was busy but a majority of the cars were in line at the scratch tunnel or Touch-less. Had a guy pull up to the bay and i just finished the tires. Pulled out and waited. The next bay i got nobody was waiting in line. Once washed i pulled outside to dry and apply the sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Look into Ammo Frothe. It’s on another level vs traditional and rinseless.

In winter I go to pay station. If it slow I pre rinse with soap and sprayer (will foam now that I ordered IKfoam12) pressure wash and then pretreat with what ever I have in IK sprayer. Then I use the Frothe with a foamer. Having issues with both IK foamers bought last year so just ordered Ammo’s with this years order of Frothe and 1st time for hydrate.

Seams to work well and no more marring than bucket wash at home.

Thanks for the info on the Ammo. Just last night Ammo popped up on my youtube feed. I was very interested after watching some of their videos. Seeing how much grit/dirt he was pulling off the car kind of made me nervous, but looks like a good system. They suggested 3 different methods to use.

I will be doing some more research into the AMMO products.

Does anyone else have experience with them?
    Thanks

-Evan

Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered hydrate and used after frothe. Amazing product. I use to use detail sprays, waterless washes, home made elixir. Nothing feels or works like Hydrate. If you order make sure to try some. Wish i woulda ordered it last year on my 1st order.

Also just got his foamer.I like it better than IK foam. Not as wet as medium tip or as dry as theur dry tip. Nice consistency. Also sprays more evenly. Less pumps too but IK may have fix this in new model. Sprayer looks same so not interested. Will give marolex axel foamer a try next.

If you try nake sure to get the hydrate. This is my new favorite wash system!

Post Thanks / Like

This is routine i posted over at AG:

So couldnt wash my ride for a three weeks (holidays, family, lazy) so did a new to me heavier maintenance clean up.

IK foam 12 pro
    BIlt Hamber auto foam
    IK foam 1.5
    P&S Brake Buster

So I drive to closest touchless/wash bay spray down with BH AF with the IK 12 pro over the entire car. I BB the front wheels with IKF 1.5, agitate with detail brush then pressure rinse whole car.

I then BB rear wheels and agitate then drive through touchless wash. I like the one around me becaase for $8 i can get a basic wash that doesnt use the rainbow soap. $10 total for second rinse and spotless rinse.

Its less than 5 mins from home so ill drive home to finish.

Once home

IK multi pro 2
    Mckee’s n914
    Ammo aerator
    Ammo Frothe
    Ammo Hydrate.

I presoak with the Multi pro and n914 because it was raining other wiseci would skip this step as the touchless does an 85% job. I figure if their aby particulates in the rain the n914 would help encapsulate. For sure over kill but whatever.

I then use Frothe with Ammo aerator. Frothe for me is the best way other than a bucket wash to clean your car 1000% worth the premium price.

Follow up with hydrate and a PFM to dry then N914 for the wheels to get them spotless. Will be raining all week but had to get the crud off and will be coating wheels with Polish Angel Supersport tomorrow

Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    This is routine i posted over at AG:

So couldnt wash my ride for a three weeks (holidays, family, lazy) so did a new to me heavier maintenance clean up.

IK foam 12 pro
    BIlt Hamber auto foam
    IK foam 1.5
    P&S Brake Buster

So I drive to closest touchless/wash bay spray down with BH AF with the IK 12 pro over the entire car. I BB the front wheels with IKF 1.5, agitate with detail brush then pressure rinse whole car.

I then BB rear wheels and agitate then drive through touchless wash. I like the one around me becaase for $8 i can get a basic wash that doesnt use the rainbow soap. $10 total for second rinse and spotless rinse.

Its less than 5 mins from home so ill drive home to finish.

Once home

IK multi pro 2
    Mckee’s n914
    Ammo aerator
    Ammo Frothe
    Ammo Hydrate.

I presoak with the Multi pro and n914 because it was raining other wiseci would skip this step as the touchless does an 85% job. I figure if their aby particulates in the rain the n914 would help encapsulate. For sure over kill but whatever.

I then use Frothe with Ammo aerator. Frothe for me is the best way other than a bucket wash to clean your car 1000% worth the premium price.

Follow up with hydrate and a PFM to dry then N914 for the wheels to get them spotless. Will be raining all week but had to get the crud off and will be coating wheels with Polish Angel Supersport tomorrow

When you say you pre spray with n914... curious as to what dilution? This will be a first for me on waterless washing.... Do you leave the pre spray on and then apply Frothe? Or do you remove the pre spray. I want as much lubricity as i can get.

I live in an apartment, in NY...so this seems like a great option for me as long as the car is not heavily covered in salt.

I think i will pull the trigger on the Ammo $150 kit. I need the Frothe, hydrate, sprayer. Towels seem like a decent deal...i assume they are of good quality. Unless you can recommend better towels.

Thanks for the info!

-Evan
    Thanks

-Evan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information