Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foaming Question

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Pressure Rinse
    Foam and let sit for recommended time
    Pressure Rinse
    Bucket Wash
    This is "correct" way in my opinion. However I`ll only do the initial rinse if there`s "chunks" of dirt on the car. I`ll also only foam/spray a dedicated prewash product; I never found bucket shampoos effective. I still think a simple pressure rinse is the most important step and gets you 90% of the way there on a vehicle with a decent LSP.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A great prewash foam and can be used great with only sprayed on is Angelwax Cleanliness. It`s a citrus based and is great on desolving the road film and other dirt that you have on the paint. Have not used the Angelwax Fast Foam but have heard good things about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Is Angelwax Fast Foam a new-ish product? I haven`t even heard about it until now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meeron View Post
    Is Angelwax Fast Foam a new-ish product? I haven`t even heard about it until now.
    Not new, as far as I know. Brian of Apex Detail does a nice review of it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meeron View Post
    I gave it a try, not overly impressed.

Post Thanks / Like

I gave it a try, not overly impressed.
    In what aspect(s) was it lacking....foaming, cleaning power? Did you use it as a presoak?

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not a fan of the 2 bucket method.

Foam w/ IK9, IK12, or Cannon.
    Rinse
    1 bucket wash w/ several wash pads, never using the same one twice.
    Rinse
    Dry

I forgot to say a good first rinse is a must for me.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    In what aspect(s) was it lacking....foaming, cleaning power? Did you use it as a presoak?
    I was using it about at their 1:9 ratio in my PF22 cannon, just didnt get a `Wow, that worked well` feeling from it, was just `ok`.

I`m never really washing dirty cars so cleaning power hard to judge. I kinda like a thinner foam as opposed to a shaving cream type of deal, a wetter foam that is only thick enough to cling for recommended time. It just didn`t work notably well in that particular kind of situation.

It`s got good reviews from what I`ve seen but just didn`t work particularly well in my world.

Post Thanks / Like

For most washes I pressure rinse to get most everything off which to the point that foam won`t help remove any easier. So I use the PF22 to foam the car up then do a multiple mitt wash with one bucket with a weak Reset dilution.

If the car is filthy I might pre foam and rinse, even with a strong soap like Reset I don`t see it removing anything more than the 40 degree pressure nozzle gets.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Dan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    That`s quite the comment Dan on the 2BM. I`ve been running doubles or quads (depending on you look at it) since the cyclone came out. Cyclones on the bottom, GG on the top. And there is residue that is entrapped on the bottom of mine, and that`s with HP pre-rinse about 75% of the time
    Yeah, I know it amounts to autopian heresy but I just don`t see any impacts for the duration that I own my cars. I`ve gone 3 plus years in normal daily driver use. Claying and life related abrasions are the primary need for me to follow with a Polish.

Post Thanks / Like

For me, i try to get as much dirt off before contact wash. So PW rinse 1st, then pre wash foam, 2nd PW rinse after few mins, 2nd iteration of pre wash (i normally use 1000 ml bottle, so 500ml for 1st pre wash and the 2nd 500 ml 2nd pre wash). I use the 2nd iteration to add extra lubricity for my one bucket 7+ mitt wash method. Foam it and start the mitt wash process straight away.

Cheers

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I prefoam before PW’ing to hopefully soften up if anything is kinda stuck to the paint. Hopes of PW off and it not marring as it comes off. Figure the foam will encapsulate it as it tumbles off.

I also am fan of one bucket. Cyclone on the bottem and multiple wash medias. I use MF for top and chenille for bottom.

I have a dirtlock (several vendors sell it) in my waterless bucket although no used wash media goes back in their either. Better than cyclone or GG in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I was using it about at their 1:9 ratio in my PF22 cannon, just didnt get a `Wow, that worked well` feeling from it, was just `ok`.

I`m never really washing dirty cars so cleaning power hard to judge. I kinda like a thinner foam as opposed to a shaving cream type of deal, a wetter foam that is only thick enough to cling for recommended time. It just didn`t work notably well in that particular kind of situation.

It`s got good reviews from what I`ve seen but just didn`t work particularly well in my world.
    Thank you...I`m kind of in the same boat...our vehicles never really get that dirty, so cleaning power has always been a tough category for me to judge.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just want to show how it looked like when I washed the Focus a week or so ago.

Before picture and not any prerinse until the foam has dwelled enough. This is when I get the extreme dirty paint. But also the extreme effectiveness from the PW if you use it to clean with the water pressure from it. I have a Kärcher K7 electric PW with around 2300psi and 2.6gpm from it.

This needs to be helped to be desolved. So I don`t get as much of dirt with especially road film in the wash media. We have a product called with translate Sonax Extreme Intensive Degreaser. It`s both a tar remover and iron remover in one like the Carpro TRIX is.

Spray it on the dirty car and let it dwell. This is extremly tixotropic so you see very little of run off from this product. It can be on for a long time without drying on the paint cause of that. Here`s it`s applyied and also dwelled for almost 5min. Also applyied from the front wheels and back and from the bottom and up to the door handles.

Something that we usually does here in Sweden when we use a tar remover. Is that we either spray on an alkaline based degreaser right over this like with Bilt Hamber Surfex HD or an APC solution that`s easy rinsed off on the paint and don`t have any fabric softener or brighterner or other things some APC leaves behind sadly. So look for one that`s great to use on the exterior as well.
    And of cause you can foam over the tar remover as well. A 50/50 mix of Bilt Hamber Surfex HD and the BH Auto-Foam in the foamcannon bottle and the chemical mix setting on the foamcannon so it gave me that little runnier foam these have.

On the picture the BH Foam has dwelled over 5 minutes. And it may be looking as it`s dryed on the paint. But nope it`s still wet paint but the foam is gone LOL. Then a pass back and forth with the PW just little closer than a foot away. The original nozzle tip on the K7 wand has between 15-20 degree angle. Armspeed is maybe 4" per second or something like that LOL. And to also notice that the LSP was done and the water standing on the paint after the washing still. The water pressure from the PW to clean with does the heavy lifting. And the extra with the Sonax Extreme Intensive Degreaser and BH mixed foam does give me that little extra cleaning ability from it that keeps the bonded contaminants in the longrun almost not haveing any even after over 2 years.

This is why I`m not personally don`t wash without a prewash and a PW. With a garden hose I don`t think that I would get it half as cleaned. But the contact wash would still be needed less aggitations if I didn`t do a prewash I think. If I remember it I will test with just rinse it off with a garden hose on one side and the PW on the other side.

Here is the other side with a domestic brand and a Cold Degreaser/ tar remover. And foamed with the BH foam mix.

Skickat från min SM-T595 via Tapatalk
    Likes bofh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, this might sound much more, uhm..critical/snarky/bad than I intend, but if things didn`t get quite clean with just the pre-wash pressure washer rinsing, I`d want a different LSP. The rinsing gets caked with Winter [crap] vehicles look "already clean" before I even start with what I think of as "the real wash".

SWETM- I`m actually a little surprised that the "extreme dirty paint" isn`t a *LOT* worse! I don`t think that looks all that dirty for Winter, ours get much worse. Although the dirt/etc. you`re dealing with sounds a lot harder to wash off, so your products are indeed working well.

Coatings=crack- I`ve never seen any indication that the dirt "tumbling off" will cause even the lightest micromarring. I don`t have stupid-soft paint or anything, but still...I just pressure washer rinse utterly crusty vehicles with zero problems at all. Yeah, I was a little surprised that I could get away with it, but I always have. Whenever I tried pre-treating before using the pressure washer, it seemed like a complete waste.

YMMV of course, just relating my experience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information