Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Microfiber detergent

Currently finishing up a bottle of CG’s microfiber detergent and looking for what is next to pick up

I have no complaints about the CG’s detergent, seems to clean my MF’s well....but I have never tried anything else so I can’t really base it off any baseline or anything.

Here is my question though. I see GG recommends adding their detergent to your normal All free and Clear. That makes sense to me because the All tree and Clear would have the viscosity? (If thats the correct term) to do the cleaning and the microfiber wash would be the conditioner I assume.

Realizing that the CG’s and the GG both seem to be purely liquid...couldn’t I just add the CG’s stuff the same way to All Free and Clear, or is the GG stuff a different base?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber detergent

Astouffer512- This is another of those "YMMV Topics", and one where experiences vary significantly.

*IMO* if what you`re doing now works fine for you, and the cost is acceptable to you, then you should just stick with it. I`d buy plenty of the CG MF Detergent during a Holiday Sale and never look back.

Noting that I wash my *household* MFs in Pesil...I wasted a lot of money and time, and went through a lot of frustration, trying MF Cleaning Approaches that others swear by. Mixing a MF Detergent with an OTC Laundry Detergent is something I`m simply not gonna do.

Post Thanks / Like

I just washed MFs this morning with Tide Heavy Duty. They came out fine. The yellow MF in the bunch even looked brighter than it did before. So far I’m satisfied with the Tide.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.
    Likes grisby liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have used 3D Towel Kleen, Micro Restorer and various PBMG house brands. At the moment I have gone back to micro restore and it works just fine.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Do these microfiber-specific detergents clean microfibers "better" than high-end over-the-counter laundry detergents like Persil or the fore-mentioned Tide Heavy Duty?? I have not used microfiber-specific detergents, so hence, my question of those Autopians who have used both and can make an accurate and true comparison/evaluation.
    There is also the subject of washing detailing task-specific use microfibers separately or together. I know some of you are very diligent about this and would NEVER wash compound/polish wipe-off microfibers with wax or detailing spray wipe-off microfibers. That might make sense for those of you have detailed several vehicles and hence, have a lot of microfibers to machine wash. For the hobbyist like myself, who detail ONE car and my only have a "few" microfibers to machine wash, it does not (at least to my other half who sees a small wash load as a waste of detergent, water and electricity). This is another reason why it may pay to have a lot of microfibers to detail with, accumulate them after a few details, THEN machine wash them by detailing task-specific microfiber as separate (but larger) loads. I just hate, though, having dirty microfibers sitting around between not-so-frequent hobbyist details.
    My only "separate" washing of microfibers is washing of window cleaning microfibers by themselves by hand. I feel that dirty microfibers that have been used with wax wipe-off or those used with wheel cleaning will contaminate glass cleaning microfibers.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Microfiber detergent

I haven’t felt compelled to buy detergent just for MFs since I get a decent clean from Tide so unless I’m convinced otherwise, I’m just going to continue to use Tide

I too wash glass MFs separately by hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I have used 3D Towel Kleen, Micro Restorer and various PBMG house brands. At the moment I have gone back to micro restore and it works just fine.
    Guz. Does the 3D towel Kleen work well? I like most 3D products I have used but never that one yet. I have read some reviews where some say the towels aren’t overly soft when using it

Post Thanks / Like

They all work the same in my experience. Towels feel softer with either of these compared to regular detergents.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Yes MF do feel softer than using a F&C by itself. Using 3D Kleen, griots MF&P cleaner and McKee’s all by themselves seem to work well.

I feel my towels feel softest and have been performing well when mixed. Can’t remember where exactly I heard it.... maybe griots MF washing video but MF detergent does better job of removing the waxes, polished and sealants and detergent works better on grease grime and dirt.

Haven’t tried the other brands with a F&C but if griots rwcommends on their towels.... good enough for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I just use CG stuff as well.

The bottle has lasted me 2 years and is not even 1/4 gone yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used a couple different brands and they are all similar, IME. I`ve landed on the 3D product because of the price/availability. A gallon probably lasts 1.5 yrs. with my usage rate.

I never completely understood whether this soap is intended to be used at every wash or just periodically, every 4th wash, for example. I`ve been using it at every wash for the past couple of years and I notice with extended use that stains have slowly been removed and towels are generally improved in appearance.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

This subject it one of the most striking cases of !YMMV! in Detailing!

For every person like Bill D who does fine with regular Laundry Detergent, you have another person (like Yours Truly) who finds the MF Detergents *infinitely* better. For every person who likes [INSERT bandname MF Detergent] or says "they`re all the same" there`s another person (again, like Yours Truly) with very different experiences.

IMO you simply need to find what works for *YOU* and then buy that as cheaply as possible.

Coatings=crack- Just FWIW, and hoping this doesn`t sound, uhm...snarky...I wouldn`t say "if [Vendor/Detailing Personality/etc.] says so it`s good enough for me!", especially regarding products they sell. And note that I`m a *huge* supporter of Griot`s Garage and Richard in particular...but they have a dog in that fight so, uhm... scientific skepticism.. is called for. Fine as a starting point if you want to try it, but be prepared for it to turn out either way.

My Short Answer for those willing to just spend $ would be to try MicroRestore and see if it works better than whatever you`re using now. That`s one brand that consistently works well for me on everything MF (and well on cotton too). Not as high-foaming as some others, rinses out well, and its cleaning has never disappointed me. Pricey though...

Post Thanks / Like

I might try a MF detergent the next tine I place a detailing order if it’s a really good buy. In the meantime I have a ton of Tide Heavy Duty to go through.

Post Thanks / Like

Biil D- Heh heh "not broken, don`t fix" comes to mind

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    This subject it one of the most striking cases of !YMMV! in Detailing!

For every person like Bill D who does fine with regular Laundry Detergent, you have another person (like Yours Truly) who finds the MF Detergents *infinitely* better. For every person who likes [INSERT bandname MF Detergent] or says "they`re all the same" there`s another person (again, like Yours Truly) with very different experiences.

IMO you simply need to find what works for *YOU* and then buy that as cheaply as possible.

Coatings=crack- Just FWIW, and hoping this doesn`t sound, uhm...snarky...I wouldn`t say "if [Vendor/Detailing Personality/etc.] says so it`s good enough for me!", especially regarding products they sell. And note that I`m a *huge* supporter of Griot`s Garage and Richard in particular...but they have a dog in that fight so, uhm... scientific skepticism.. is called for. Fine as a starting point if you want to try it, but be prepared for it to turn out either way.

My Short Answer for those willing to just spend $ would be to try MicroRestore and see if it works better than whatever you`re using now. That`s one brand that consistently works well for me on everything MF (and well on cotton too). Not as high-foaming as some others, rinses out well, and its cleaning has never disappointed me. Pricey though...
    Your Definitely right about blind following a retail business.

I would of rephrased as Griots has done a lot for me as a company to earn my trust. I did review and the logic of the two different soaps sounds sound to me.

Lastly they are the only company asking you to use less of their product each time. Cost per wash works out to be pretty cheap if not cheapest. Haven’t done the math.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information