Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black Friday sales

Quote Originally Posted by bcgreen View Post
    Will it get better than 25%? This is my first year with a big buy and have been waiting until now to pull the trigger.
    25% is the best its gonna get-- they do have some things now and then-- individually at higher rate. They also had a couple of weeks ago a 25% on vets day with a additional 5% for vets. I called my contact @Autopia and asked him about gift cards applying and he said no-- so I would not hold my breath on those, but there is always hope around Christmas. I also contacted a VERY prominent and influential person @ PBMG and asked him why discounts dont apply on polishers ( and other bigger tooling) and his reply was typical business mgmt BS. We dont discount tools because we DONT MAKE ANY MONEY ON THEM-- yeah right. Sounds like a car salesman telling you that they will sell you a car @ ""invoice". If anyone EVER believes that I have some OCEANFRONT property in Nebraske I will sell you.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m always curious about how much they’re really pulling in on high ticket items like tools. Must be healthy enough otherwise they wouldn’t sell then.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Often it`s the manufactures that has a low limit and a high limit on what their products can be sold for. So even if they could have haveing a sale on polishers. They maybe are not allowed to have it cause of the manufactures and distributor. Just like some brands don`t allow them to sell outside of the US. I wondered why Angelwax had half of the price of their products in the UK exept some of the waxes. And it would be worth it to me to ordering from a UK webshop. But nope it clearly says don`t ship international. I think that Chemical Guys has this too. And also think that they have stopped distribute to certain chains if it where Walmart or something like that. Cause they broke the contract and sold their products for less than they where suposed to be doing. Think also that the new Turtle Wax Hybrid Solution line of products has something like this. So you will not see these products go for like $5. But maybe down to $10-$12 a very few times a year where it`s sold.

Found some great deals on my loved Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam and Surfex HD in 5L jugs with a 30% sale on them. And some other products where down to 70% sale at most. Carpro Sweden had 30% sale on the whole webshop which where nice. But not so high volume in stock but got some things from them. Also a little over a week ago I was at a big shop. That just has this shop in place in Sweden so the whole family whent there. They have all you can think of to very low prices as clothes and toys and anything for the home when it comes to products and a little detailing and car equipment supplies. Got Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus 5L for $70 and Sonax BSD for $10 and that`s theirs ordinary prices on these so no sale on them LOL. Will put up my hauls from BF in the Unboxing thread. Or it could be fun if we had a thread for just the BF hauls 2019
    Likes rlmccarty2000, Liz@Autopia liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Often it`s the manufactures that has a low limit and a high limit on what their products can be sold for. So even if they could have haveing a sale on polishers. They maybe are not allowed to have it cause of the manufactures and distributor. Just like some brands don`t allow them to sell outside of the US. I wondered why Angelwax had half of the price of their products in the UK exept some of the waxes. And it would be worth it to me to ordering from a UK webshop. But nope it clearly says don`t ship international. I think that Chemical Guys has this too. And also think that they have stopped distribute to certain chains if it where Walmart or something like that. Cause they broke the contract and sold their products for less than they where suposed to be doing. Think also that the new Turtle Wax Hybrid Solution line of products has something like this. So you will not see these products go for like $5. But maybe down to $10-$12 a very few times a year where it`s sold.

Found some great deals on my loved Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam and Surfex HD in 5L jugs with a 30% sale on them. And some other products where down to 70% sale at most. Carpro Sweden had 30% sale on the whole webshop which where nice. But not so high volume in stock but got some things from them. Also a little over a week ago I was at a big shop. That just has this shop in place in Sweden so the whole family whent there. They have all you can think of to very low prices as clothes and toys and anything for the home when it comes to products and a little detailing and car equipment supplies. Got Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus 5L for $70 and Sonax BSD for $10 and that`s theirs ordinary prices on these so no sale on them LOL. Will put up my hauls from BF in the Unboxing thread. Or it could be fun if we had a thread for just the BF hauls 2019
    Ive been waiting for Sonax to clear out their old stock of wheel cleaner since they now have a new 20% better formulation. Right now Detailing dot com has the old formulation on sale, but AG and Autopia are still running it at full price, which imho is way too high.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by re-tired View Post
    25% is the best its gonna get-- they do have some things now and then-- individually at higher rate. They also had a couple of weeks ago a 25% on vets day with a additional 5% for vets. I called my contact @Autopia and asked him about gift cards applying and he said no-- so I would not hold my breath on those, but there is always hope around Christmas. I also contacted a VERY prominent and influential person @ PBMG and asked him why discounts dont apply on polishers ( and other bigger tooling) and his reply was typical business mgmt BS. We dont discount tools because we DONT MAKE ANY MONEY ON THEM-- yeah right. Sounds like a car salesman telling you that they will sell you a car @ ""invoice". If anyone EVER believes that I have some OCEANFRONT property in Nebraske I will sell you.
    Detailed Image is the only retailer that will discount polishers, but you have to be in their wholesale program. Not hard to get into the program, you just have to reach a dollar purchase level and the polisher alone gets you close to the dollar amount.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Detailed Image is the only retailer that will discount polishers, but you have to be in their wholesale program. Not hard to get into the program, you just have to reach a dollar purchase level and the polisher alone gets you close to the dollar amount.
    Huh...IIRC it was them from whom I got notifications of a recent Polisher sale, but I don`t order all *that* much stuff from `em so I doubt I`d qualify as "wholesale". Had to say "IIRC" as I just deleted the email without really looking into it.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been waiting for Sonax to clear out their old stock of wheel cleaner since they now have a new 20% better formulation. Right now Detailing dot com has the old formulation on sale, but AG and Autopia are still running it at full price, which imho is way too high.
    Yeah I completly agree with your that the Wheel Cleaner Plus is a high price. But with the new version you get it around what the price is for the Sonax Extreme Max Effect which it`s called here in Sweden. It`s totaly new product here and not a new version of the Sonax Extreme Wheel Cleaner Full Effect which the Wheel Cleaner Plus is called here. Does it makes sense LOL. But since the AGO already has the new version for you on pictures I think that you will be getting that when you buy it. Autopia has not changed it yet so maybe they are selling off the remaining stock of it? Even if it`s stronger the new version it`s a high price on it IMO. The old versionof Wheel Cleaner Plus is around $14 here in Sweden and that`s with VAT and taxes included as the ordinary price. The new version of it is at $21-$22 including VAT and taxes here in Sweden. I have just bought 1 bottle to try it out. And it`s noticeble stronger in the iron remover parts and I would say more than 20% stronger. But in some way the cleaning ability from it if you where to take away the iron remover parts it feeled almost weaker than the old version to be honest. We usually have some family member or friend that do the trip to this big store yearly. They get me 5 bottles of the Wheel Cleaner Plus and it`s between $7-$8 a piece VAT and taxes included as the ordinary price. That gets me through the year as a maintance wheel cleaner. Sure there is cheaper options but it works so great for me even when I do it touchless and PW clean rinsing it off. So I have been satisfied with it. And if I need to be useing a stronger wheel cleaner it`s an acid based wheel cleaner that`s needed. Sometimes I`m wondering to just dilute an acid based wheel cleaner which would be way more economical to use. It would maybe be like dilute the Meguiars Wheel Brightener D140 at 1:10. And also the Bilt Hamber Surfex HD at 1:10-1-20 does a great work to touchless cleaning the wheels. And maybe once a month use a wheel cleaner that removes the imbedded iron particals either a bleeding effect one or an acid based one.

Hold a close eye on Autopia if they have a big sale to clean out the stock of the Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Huh...IIRC it was them from whom I got notifications of a recent Polisher sale, but I don`t order all *that* much stuff from `em so I doubt I`d qualify as "wholesale". Had to say "IIRC" as I just deleted the email without really looking into it.
    Them and AGO had Rupes polishers @ around 15% off--
    I am not a fan of the rupes polishers
    More of a flex guy-- There was a guy on AGO yesterday said he just passed up a 25% of flex polishers-- I "some what" kind of called BS on that-- got no response back. I highly doubt anyone will find them advertised @25% off. I have been watching and waiting for over 3 yrs now and have yet to find them discounted like that

Post Thanks / Like

*Everybody* was discounting Rupes on Friday, guess Rupes dropped their pricing restrictions for a day or sumthin`.

Around 12:15am Friday morning my phone starting pinging away with emails of everyone announcing discounted Rupes Black Friday sales
    Likes SWETM, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I forget what dollar value the first tier of their wholesale program but it is not really worth it unless you are buying a polisher. Everything else is 25-30 percent off but they charge you for shipping which negates the discount on everyday supplies. They have higher tiers for power users but I will never get there. For me it almost always makes more sense to wait on a PBMG sale.
    Likes re-tired liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I forget what dollar value the first tier of their wholesale program but it is not really worth it unless you are buying a polisher. Everything else is 25-30 percent off but they charge you for shipping which negates the discount on everyday supplies. They have higher tiers for power users but I will never get there. For me it almost always makes more sense to wait on a PBMG sale.
    I was at the $2000+ Tier one year, hadda set up a new non-wholesale account as the 20-25% off sales were better deal than wholesale for most items, generally all excluding polishers and other big-ticket items.

Never really ended up buying much under the wholesale account. Likely a better deal for pros that buy often and can`t always wait for sales.

Post Thanks / Like

I also had the top tier DI wholesale account but let it lapse when I opened an Autopia wholesale account since the discounts were the same or better across the board and they don`t have quotas to fulfill to keep the discounts. DI has good service and is friendly, etc, but business is business. My only complaint with Autopia is I wish they would get their shipping out a little quicker. My last two orders were both shipped the next day, one of them at the end of the following day, even when the order was placed before noon.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I always talk With Will C. here @ Autopia-- not gonna get a friendlier guy than him, probably the best guy I have ever dealt with anywhere

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    But since the AGO already has the new version for you on pictures I think that you will be getting that when you buy it. Autopia has not changed it yet so maybe they are selling off the remaining stock of it? Even if it`s stronger the new version it`s a high price on it IMO.
    Just to clear up any confusion on the new formula of the Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus, not only is it stronger, but it is a bigger bottle as well. The previous version was 500ml, the new Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus (SON-230400) is a 750ml bottle, so take that into consideration with the price. Autogeek has the new version up already and it should be available on Autopia soon as well.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a fan of the rupes polishers
    More of a flex guy-- There was a guy on AGO yesterday said he just passed up a 25% of flex polishers-- I "some what" kind of called BS on that-- got no response back. I highly doubt anyone will find them advertised @25% off. I have been watching and waiting for over 3 yrs now and have yet to find them discounted like that
    Perhaps he was talking about the recent Flex sale where you bought a Flex and received a $85 gift card in return.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information