Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Black Friday sales

Since this is my first year around serious auto detailing supplies I have the rookie question

Do any companies such as The Autopia site, Auto Geek, Detailed Image do an actual Black Friday type of sale? Also if they do does anything big like steamers, extractors, buffers, vacuums and blowers go on sale?

Do the manufacturers offer any big sales?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black Friday sales

I don’t recall about large equipment products, but yes, there are Black Friday, Cyber Monday and numerous sales in December leading up to Xmas.

Post Thanks / Like

They had a sale a few days after where their was I believe 20% off of machines (polishers extractors). Rupes and griots single polishers we’re exempt.

They threw in a 50$ gift card with purchases over $300. With buying my boss, polished and pads it was a great deal. No gaurantee they’ll do again.

25% of product was biggest I remember. The also had door buster sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Autogeek & Autopia moving into their big sale season; I`d imagine the VERY RARE gift certificate discount sale will happen once or twice this Holiday Season.

Buy gift cert at 25% off, use to pay for items at subsequent %off sales, stacking the discounts. Can also use gift certs to buy things that never go on sale like Rupes polishers.

Sign up for the newsletters at link on (bottom) of their home pages to get notified of other unpublished sales.

Post Thanks / Like

With being new and getting the detaiing bug, of course I`m overwhelmed with the amount of products out there....I also know I`ve spent a lot already. What I`m really considering for a big purchase, so to speak, is a steamer. I`d like to find something serviceable for both home and auto use. I`d also like to stay around $125 or less. Is that possible? That`s why I was asking about good sales around this time of year

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Play your cards right and you can save a ton of $$$. I picked up my Mytee HP60 a few years ago for about $850 out of pocket after some creative shopping with gift gards, sales, reward points etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Hell has officially frozen over, it took 20 years but Zaino is actually having a sale now that no one uses it anymore.
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Hell has officially frozen over, it took 20 years but Zaino is actually having a sale now that no one uses it anymore.
    You got the e-mail today too, eh? Black Friday sales

I do miss spending $129 each Spring for their complete kits...and then spending no more $$ on car care until next Spring.
    Likes Coatings=crack, Dan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Almost no one I`m tempted to get more ZAIO but I suspect it`d just sit.

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512
    What I`m really considering for a big purchase, so to speak, is a steamer. I`d like to find something serviceable for both home and auto use. I`d also like to stay around $125 or less. Is that possible?
    Not IME

*IMO/IME* (and I`ve had maybe a half-dozen steamers), the affordable ones are ineffective at best, dangerous at worst. I got scalded but GOOD by a cheapie hand-held with a major-brandname on it (forget which that one was) when it sprang a steam-leak. I found that the really affordable ones just whetted my appetite for something more potent that could truly do the work I`d hoped the cheapie could do.

But hey, that was a while ago...maybe decent ones are more affordable now. That could be worth a separate thread where it might get more direct attention.

But just FWIW, I find that I hardly ever use my steamer for Detailing stuff. Ya know those internet videos showing how you can do so much with one? Never worked out that way for me. Sure I`ve done some good work with my Daimer, but only on some Initial Big Cleanups, then it just sits most of the time. All I really use it for in the shop is cleaning the pedals in the winter (which a little cheapie could probably do just fine...hmm, justification for one? Maybe!)

For Household work you can *sometimes* get by with less power than my Daimer has, but we`re still talking much bigger $ than you`re looking to spend.

BUT...maybe your Household messes that need steaming aren`t as nasty as ours I just don`t want you to waste money on something ineffective.

EDIt: Heh heh...so many "But"s in the above!

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys World usually does. The past few Wednesdays they had buy the 16oz get a free upgrade to the 32oz size.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Autogeek & Autopia moving into their big sale season; I`d imagine the VERY RARE gift certificate discount sale will happen once or twice this Holiday Season.

Buy gift cert at 25% off, use to pay for items at subsequent %off sales, stacking the discounts. Can also use gift certs to buy things that never go on sale like Rupes polishers.

Sign up for the newsletters at link on (bottom) of their home pages to get notified of other unpublished sales.
    I always buy gift certificates when they’re on sale. Only way to save on a Rupes machine. I still have a 300.00 gift certificate that I bought last a Christmas. Usually the gift certificates come up on the cyber busters so they’re only up for 4 or 5 hours. If you want to catch all the deals you need to check the new cyber buster deals every 4 hours, that’s the way it is on AG anyway. Just so you know if you want to purchase something on a cyber buster you have to complete the purchase before it’s taken down. You can’t put it in your cart and wait til you’re done shopping at the end of the weekend to pay, it will go back to regular price. I really wish they would change that but I can see where that would cause some issues.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I never tried zanio but I was into duragloss. I remember rumor that zaino was repackaged duragloss?

Post Thanks / Like

Gift Certificates are the best deal going and they never expire. I buy a couple and then save them for the after SEMA releases of new stuff. This year SEMA was not too exciting, but there are a few items I want to try out.

Post Thanks / Like

Will it get better than 25%? This is my first year with a big buy and have been waiting until now to pull the trigger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcgreen View Post
    Will it get better than 25%? This is my first year with a big buy and have been waiting until now to pull the trigger.
    25% is really about the best sale you will see. The was a 1 day sale with 30% off certain coatings at one point but not something I would count on or wait for.

The 20-25% off sales have become fairly common and regular now.

But as others have said the thing to do is wait till they have a Gift Certificate sale at 15-25% off and buy as many as you need. Then wait till there is another 20-25% off sale and use your gift certificates then. So you are stacking the discounts.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information