Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vacuum for the weekender

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Mr. Clean touched on a related topic- hanging the mats up. TOL used to sell some stainless clips you mount on the wall, but I never ended up doing that..wondering what others do?
    I have some of the dedicated mat clamps, but one detailer I know had an ingenious budget solution. He mounted a piece of 1X6 lumber to the wall and screwed one leg of Pony spring clamps to the wood. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Pony-2-in-3...amp/1000988858

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Billy Jack- Ah, yeah..I use clips like those to distinguish my Rinse buckets (once they get full of suds they look like the Wash ones).

I`d utterly kill the aesthetics of my shop if I did it the way that guy did, but it might be just the ticket for somebody else.

I could never figure out where I`d put clips in the current shop what with my side walls all filled with lights/conduits/etc. Something didn`t consider when building the place

Post Thanks / Like

So we cant link to products on Autopia anymore? Didnt that use to be allowed?
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^^ We are not allowed to link or insert ads for products that directly compete with products or like products that the PBMG stores sell. It has never been allowed. We can discuss these products until the cows come home but the site isn’t a portal for other retailers who sell like products. This thread is a perfect example, PBMG sells vacuums. It’s okay to discuss other sources that sell vacuums but that doesn’t mean it’s okay to open the door to get there. Now if you want to link to a 20 ft. ladder or a ceiling fan for the family room that’s a different story all together.

It is an expense to keep a site like this operational and the hope is that we’re buying from Autopia, AutoGeek and other in the family stores. Just doesn’t make sense to show someone the way to buy from competitors. Hope this makes sense.

-GH
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Astouffer512 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I take it that it’s also probably not a good idea to post screen shots of other non-PBMG sites displaying the products being discussed or is that just a way around posting direct links?
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    ^^^^^ We are not allowed to link or insert ads for products that directly compete with products or like products that the PBMG stores sell. It has never been allowed. We can discuss these products until the cows come home but the site isn’t a portal for other retailers who sell like products. This thread is a perfect example, PBMG sells vacuums. It’s okay to discuss other sources that sell vacuums but that doesn’t mean it’s okay to open the door to get there. Now if you want to link to a 20 ft. ladder or a ceiling fan for the family room that’s a different story all together.

It is an expense to keep a site like this operational and the hope is that we’re buying from Autopia, AutoGeek and other in the family stores. Just doesn’t make sense to show someone the way to buy from competitors. Hope this makes sense.

-GH
    That makes sense. I actually didn`t think about that when I posted some links in this thread. Being a forum member to another interest I have I should have known links weren`t allowed. Are other retailers allowed to be mentioned, ot is it just links to the other retailers websites?

That being said

Accumulator, you mentioned everyone should have a mini attachment kit. What all nozzles and attachments come with something like that?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I take it that it’s also probably not a good idea to post screen shots of other non-PBMG sites displaying the products being discussed or is that just a way around posting direct links?
    That’s a good call Bill, posting another retailers ad is simply making the Autopia Forum a weekly circular for them. It’s advertising they didn’t even know they had.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    That makes sense. I actually didn`t think about that when I posted some links in this thread. Being a forum member to another interest I have I should have known links weren`t allowed. Are other retailers allowed to be mentioned, ot is it just links to the other retailers websites?...
    You may discuss other retailers, in fact we encourage it. This isn’t the case for our sister site AutoGeek. They reserve their site to discuss only products that they sell. Autopia is an open forum, within reason. The owners of this forum know that every detailing purchase our members make isn’t going to be made at a Palm Beach Motoring Group (PBMG) store. We hope that you’ll give the Autopia store a look. The store meets or beats any advertised price and you earn points towards future purchases. That said, it isn’t Autopia’s intention to give the competition a boost up by making a purchase of their products only a click (copy and paste) away.

Not every link is one that would be automatically pulled. If you look for instance at post #31 in this thread Billy Jack posted a link to Lowe’s. That link was left active because it represents a product that is useful to our members and detailers in general and isn’t a product that PBMG sells. We try hard to look at links and make sure we’re not pulling them simply for the sake of doing so. The problem here is that if we are to leave one, others assume links are okay across the board. We simply ask our members to be wise in what it posted.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    Accumulator, you mentioned everyone should have a mini attachment kit. What all nozzles and attachments come with something like that?
    The primary components are:

-A pair of reducers/adaptors that slip into the end of a regular vacuum hose. It`s a friction-fit thing sized for normal household vacuums and/but it`s easy to cobble together something to make it work in larger hoses like on a shopvac/extractor. It has a rotating vent ring that exposes/covers air slots to allow fine-tuning of the suction (that`s what I taped up for greater effectiveness; INSERT "don`t try this at home, kids!" disclaimer)

-Extensions of various lengths, including an angled one and a flexible hose, that fit into the above

-Coupler(s?) that fit the various extensions/nozzles together

-Little nozzles and one with a brush that fit into the above.

This is sold for non-Detailing tasks too, like vacuuming keyboards/etc.

Do an internet search on "Micro Mini 32mm Vacuum Cleaner Attachment Toolkit" and I`m confident you`ll find `em. Shop smart and it`ll be under $10
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information