With the weather turning to crap, I`ve been watching You Tube detailers so I can maybe learn new things, get a refresher on techniques I haven`t used in a while, etc.

I searched "Glass Cleaning" and two different You Tubers both recommended the same basic process for glass, using the same products to basically `deep clean` the glass or to clean a really dirty window.

It`s really simple and it`s something we should already be familiar with. A 50-50 IPA/water mix, a Mr Clean Magic Eraser and some absorbent microfiber towels. I did this to both my Camaro (in which I deal with cigarette smoke) and My wife`s Explorer (which is coated in dog slobber) and the results were no less than perfect.

Like I said, real simple, dampen the Magic Eraser and lightly wring it out. Spray the 50-50 IPA on the glass (no need to be stingy, use as much as you feel you need, more if the windows are really dirty), wipe down the glass with the Magic Eraser, rubbing the glass like you are working in a polish on the paint. Then take the first of 2 cloths and lightly mop up the excess IPA. Take your second towel and buff the glass, Done!

Like I mentioned, the interior glass on both cars turned out great. One of the You Tubers then recommends using Meguiar`s Synthetic Spray Wax to protect the glass and to make subsequent cleanings easier since the grime won`t stick to the Meg`s as well as it would to bare glass. I ran out of light yesterday just cleaning the glass on both cars and I don`t happen to have the Synthetic Spray wax, so that part wasn`t done. But when I get a chance, I might try using TW ICE Spray Detailer that I do have on hand to see how that works.