Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does anyone else find it exhausting making sure no one damages your Autopian-level daily driver?

I’m the same. Even anxious that the mechanic will mar the paint when closing the hood.

Ben - Melbourne/Australia

Now: ‘19 VW Golf R, ‘15 Polo GTI
    Before: ‘06 RenaultSport Megane 225 Cup, ‘14 VW Polo GTI, ‘12 VW Golf GTI, ‘06 VW Golf GTI, ‘05 VW Golf Sportline, ‘01 Holden Astra SRi, ‘00 Nissan Pulsar SSS, ‘99 Holden Astra CD, ‘98 Nissan Pulsar SLX, ‘91 Nissan Pulsar GL with Q engine swap, ‘80 Subaru Leone
    Ben
    Melbourne/Australia

2015 VW Polo GTI & 2019 Golf R

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does anyone else find it exhausting making sure no one damages your Autopian-level daily driver?

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I`m wondering...does anybody else here insist on meeting/interviewing/*KNOWING* the Techs who work on your vehicles. Paul, Eric-at-Chevy dealer, Dale, Eric-at-Ford dealer...no strangers are getting near my vehicles, much less wrenching on `em.
    I might if I actually believed that person would be the one working on my car. I do almost all of my own work anyway. It`s a blessing and curse at the same time. I have no free time. I`m a slave to my cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan- Heh heh, that is a dilemma...like I can talk about being a Slave to the Cars Although I`m much, *MUCH* better about it now, almost done a 180 in fact. Honestly, to me they`re just "tools" now..but I take really good care of tools too

If I didn`t *KNOW* that the approved people would be the only ones touching my vehicles, I`d do whatever`s necessary to fix that. I`d even sell every vehicle and start over! That`s basically what we did when [a certain individual] bought the local Benz/others dealership.

phatrs- Every Tech gets the "how to open/close everything" lecture. And it`s not a quickie few-minute talk either. By the time we get to that part of the interview I know they`re gonna be OK with such stuff.

I mean, gee...my wife and I never touch hoods, or even trunk lids when we close them. If my *wife* can flip a trunk shut in just right way then an Automotive Professional can too.

Post Thanks / Like

If the techs complain about how anal we are about them touching our cars, well then, that’s just too bad and if they have a real problem with it, I’m sure we will all find another dealer/shop.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information