Post Thanks / Like

Electric Pressure Washer

Well my pressure washer from Northern Tool has finally quit working what do you guys recommend for another electric washer to buy I have up to $ 500.00 ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Electric Pressure Washer

Tons of options up to that price point. I`m considering the Comet 1700, which you can mount to the wall...or there are ways to make it mobile with a little DIY effort. It would be a touch over your budget of 500.00, but has gotten very good reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

My Greenworks 2k PSI pressure washer from lowes has been holding up great for over a year now of pretty heavy use. Your higher end consumer pressure washers are in the $200-$250 price range. I`m unfamiliar with anything that would be on the higher end of your price range. I`m sure you could get something pretty nice at a $500 price point.

I had bad luck with a couple Karcher models (stopped turning on), and dealt with an AR Blue 390SS for a year or two that one day just up and quit on me. The AR Blue was a great pressure washer, but I`d never buy another unless they change the hose. The coil memory of it is absolutely awful and I actually HATED using it. Its like trying to completely straighten a phone cord EVERY time you go to use it.

Post Thanks / Like

I’d replace mine with one of the sun joe commercial units. Just google “sun joe commercial”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I’d replace mine with one of the sun joe commercial units. Just google “sun joe commercial”

The Sun Joe 9004PRO seems like an interesting speced PW. Around the specs that Kränzle has in theirs with a max 1300psi(working 1000psi) and 2.0gpm. For car cleaning it`s good and with a kit of another hose and maybe a different spray gun handle and wands it could be a great setup.

Matt at OG have done a lot of testing on PWs on his channel to fit QC and spray guns and nozzle orifice tips and foamcannon orifices and hoses. What I remember the most is that he was impressed with the Kärcher Cube 1700psi. And think he`s actually offering it on his site. It comes with the standard fittings and QC which is not something Kärcher useally does since they have their own kind of fittings and QC. Then I don`t know of the price point of them but Kärcher has a Pro line that`s is of real high quality. And in EU they are almost on par with the Kränzle. I have a Kärcher K7 PW but we have 230v as standard here in Sweden and EU. So if you have the option to use a 220-240v electric outlet you can get a little more power from the PW to clean with more effective. I have on the edge of what a PW can be on the 220-240v which is 2600psi (working 2350psi) and 2.6gpm specs on the K7. Had a smaller specs PW before and the time it takes to be doing the prewash and clean rinsing it off and also rinse the car soap residue off is cut in half if not more.

So depends on how you are going to be useing it. If you just use it at home for cleaning vehicals I would look at the 9004PRO or the Cube 1700psi and even if you have a shop it could be an option. And if you use the PW to other things around the house I would look at the 3000/3001 or the 9007Pro or the Cube 1700psi. Also maybe a gas PW that`s idle down when you don`t spray with it and with as low db noice when it`s used. For around the house you often needs to have a little higher pressure from the PW. I have access to a wash bay where they wash semi-trucks and the whole trailer fits in there. Thought I would look up the specs on the PW there as it`s way more powerfull than my K7. They have 2 PW with a line in the roof of each side of the wash bay that you can drag it with on the rails up there. 1 PW wand and 1 soap/degreaser wand each side and also hot water to them if needed. When I pressed the trigger you can not hold it with one hand. And even with 2 hands you will be standing in a good stance or you loose your balance LOL. Looking at the water pressure gauge on the PW it was only between 1400-1500psi and thought first it must be wrong so tested the other side and the same water pressure from it too. This is actually even dialed down and don`t remember exactly but around 3000psi you can have. Then reading the specs on plate on it and there it is around 4.5gpm. So the gpm does more than psi and also safe if you use with caution. Kränzle have one that`s almost 11gpm and these is on 400v and the around 1500psi. The Kränzle is though at a price of $5k LOL. That would be a little to much for just washing your own cars. But the width of the water pressure you get that cleans effectively is big. In the wash bay I`m at the side of the car is done with 4 passes with great cleaning ability still. The smallest one I had before takes a lot of passes in comparison. And I get with the K7 a very clean paint before touching wash it and many times it gets to a touchless wash. That`s why I recommend to get the most powerfull electric PW you can get. So you save time and get it clean before the wash. You minimize the risk of wash indused swirls and scratches with a great PW IMO. As the less off the dirt that can get into your wash media the better. It`s also depends on the environment you live in and what kind of dirt and contaminants you have there. Especially during the winter months here in Sweden the PW to clean with very necessary to use with the prewash you do. Ohh enough of babbling from me LOL.

/ Tony
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post

Auto Fanatic does a Youtube review of that very model....matches it against a Kranzle
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Get a Kranzle- Cry once

Quote Originally Posted by Dynoguy View Post
    Well my pressure washer from Northern Tool has finally quit working what do you guys recommend for another electric washer to buy I have up to $ 500.00 ?

Post Thanks / Like

I have bought 2 Ryobi $99 ones over the last 4 years...the first one died at the 3 year mark and I am pretty happy having it only cost me $30 a year. I never did one spec of maintenance to it over that 3 years, this one I am going to rinse out with the lubricant a couple times a year and see if that helps me at all. Im not into spending $500 on one cause I am only a casual detailer not a shop.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe
    Likes kevk liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My little Karcher from 2002 is still running strong! I`m going to hand it off to a friend now, bought a SunJoe yesterday.
    Cars: bringing people together
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m using the $60ish Green works models from Amazon. Work great and I keep a spare in case one dies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dynoguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    My little Karcher from 2002 is still running strong! I`m going to hand it off to a friend now, bought a SunJoe yesterday.

Amazon has the SunJoe SPX3500 on sale today for 50% off....so for $122.99.

I have never used a SunJoe so I can`t comment on how it works or holds up, but seemed to get pretty good reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW, sounds like a smokin` deal !
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

I have several Karcher’s that I’ve mentioned on the forum before. I’ve had all 3 of them for 4 or 5 years now, not really sure as time flies. They are all still running strong and I use each of them for different purposes and keep them in different places.

They have been good machines. Having said that I wouldn’t buy one again. Their stiff proprietary fitting hoses simply suck. Yeah, I could make some mods and change them to a more conventional hose and fitting but my point is I’m lazy have never done it and more importantly I shouldn’t have to. Their hoses are simply a stiff, “trip over”, can’t handle, tough to coil even on a spindle nuisance. I can’t believe a company that specializes in these machines hasn’t figured that out.

I do really like their rotary pattern wands, they clean concrete very well and do the work of more powerful machines. I’ve got a big 13 HP DeWalt pressure washer and I haven’t used it in years because these little ones do what I need.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Thread Information