Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is a good ceramic coating for somebody that has never used one

I would say gloss coat is easiest and a great learning experience but it is an under performer and over priced and such a great company like Opti should have a better prosumer coating...CQUK is great at everything in one single layer but a wee bit more involved

Post Thanks / Like

Billy How’s gloss shop compared to uk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I wonder if the old Cosmic V2 that came in the bottle as opposed to a spray is a "get it while you can" thing. PA doesn`t even list it on their USA website anymore:
    What is a good ceramic coating for somebody that has never used one-cosmic1.jpg
    I saw it where in stock here at Autopia. So they seems to have some left. But think it`s discontinued as the normal Cosmic Spritz is too. Don`t know how it`s with Viking Coat if they are keeping it in the line up. If so it`s another option simualar to the Cosmic v2 coating but without the carnuaba flakes in it and the need of Invicible Primer.

Hmm interesting to see where they are going with their product line. And if they renew any other products.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if new cosmic spritz is actually old and the just saw you got more durability using it directly on top of invincible.

Anyone know the difference or if it has same 3-6 months as a topper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=William_Wallace;2162435]Billy How’s gloss shop compared to uk[/QUOT
    I have never tried UK. but at $59 for 50ml, and 2 years of protection, I love the Gloss Shop coating

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would watch the videos here on Autopia and IMO I would try out the Ceramic spray coating to see which one you like the best.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Billy I’m gonna have to I have only watched YouTube or read on here about gloss shop everything has been positive it’s on the list

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    I saw it where in stock here at Autopia. So they seems to have some left. But think it`s discontinued as the normal Cosmic Spritz is too. Don`t know how it`s with Viking Coat if they are keeping it in the line up. If so it`s another option simualar to the Cosmic v2 coating but without the carnuaba flakes in it and the need of Invicible Primer.

Hmm interesting to see where they are going with their product line. And if they renew any other products.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Wonder if new cosmic spritz is actually old and the just saw you got more durability using it directly on top of invincible.

Anyone know the difference or if it has same 3-6 months as a topper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Appears as if Coatings=crack was correct; `new` Cosmic Spritz is (likely) the same as `old` Cosmic Spritz and kinda just a re-labeling/re-marketing as a `spray` coating w/ Primer use.

Shoulda also asked the difference between Viking Shield and Viking Coat...still haven`t quite figured that one out.

From: Kundenservice | POLISHANGEL GmbH <customerservice@polishangel.net>
    Sent: Friday, August 9, 2019 7:20 AM
    Subject: AW: New customer message on August 6, 2019 at 8:42 am

Hi Sir,

thank you for you`re inquiry!

1. Will the new Cosmic Spritz/Spray Coating work as previous Cosmic Spritz?

- Yes, from application and finish no difference, between the old and new COSMIC SPRITZ.

2. Will you continue with the old version of Cosmic V2 in the bottle or is it being replaced by the new Cosmic Spray Coating?

- V2 will are still produced for professional and used customers and can ordered via store if your using search field.
    - V1 have to be manually ordered via e-mail.

With best regards,

Daniel
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Could somebody direct me to some video links of the ceramic coatings ?

Post Thanks / Like

I too would love to know the difference between Viking Coat & Shield. Years ago I ordered Coat (still haven`t used it lol) Coat is a lot more expensive, which to me means it should be the better of the 2. I find it super odd that Shield only comes in a 500ml bottle. The description says 25-30 car. It`s nice to see the English in their reply to you was pretty damn good considering they`re German. It`s a shame Travis isn`t their US rep any more. The few times I had to deal with him, dude was awesome. I know they`re a super nitchy company, but they should still find another US rep. And they should offer Shield in a 50ml bottle. Although if the year claim they make it legit, Shield would be a pretty cheap choice to offer customers. @ even 25 cars that`s like $10 a car for a potential year coating.

I will give them kudos, the Viking Coat packaging was insanely nice. I should probably I dunno, open the bottle and actually use it before it goes bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    I too would love to know the difference between Viking Coat & Shield. Years ago I ordered Coat (still haven`t used it lol) Coat is a lot more expensive, which to me means it should be the better of the 2. I find it super odd that Shield only comes in a 500ml bottle. The description says 25-30 car. It`s nice to see the English in their reply to you was pretty damn good considering they`re German. It`s a shame Travis isn`t their US rep any more. The few times I had to deal with him, dude was awesome. I know they`re a super nitchy company, but they should still find another US rep. And they should offer Shield in a 50ml bottle. Although if the year claim they make it legit, Shield would be a pretty cheap choice to offer customers. @ even 25 cars that`s like $10 a car for a potential year coating.

I will give them kudos, the Viking Coat packaging was insanely nice. I should probably I dunno, open the bottle and actually use it before it goes bad.
    What I know about the difference between the Viking Coat and Viking Shield. Coat is more of a traditionall coating and has a little bump up in the SiO2 over the Cosmic v2 coating. Also it`s not needed to be useing Invicible Primer to fully cure as hard as possible. It`s not a bad thing to use Invicible Primer Polish or Invicible Primer Spritz before Viking Coat as it`s also a great primer that extend the longevity from the Coat and Viking Shield too. Then it`s has really great abrasives in it that suits as a finishing polish. The thing to get the most out of PA coatings is to apply maximum layers recommended. They are a tad on the low longevity if you don`t layer them vs other coatings.

Viking Shield is more like the PA Master Sealant but with a lot higher SiO2 amount in it. And was developed here in Sweden where I live by PA Sweden. This makes it more resistant to road salt and all of the grime and contaminants that loosens up from the roads. Also we use a lot of tar removers that are petroleum based mostly. We call them cold degreasers and the bigger brands like Turtle Wax and Sonax and yeah pretty much every detailing brand has this here in Sweden and most of the northern EU countries. So Viking Shield is also chemical resistant against solvents. Then it was made for the detailing businesses to have a sealant that needed to be refreshed and reapply every year. And still don`t get it hard to use with what I think PA is very good at doing with their products. We have also a version of Master Sealant that has both SiO2 and TiO2 in it with quite good amount of them in it. So I would range Viking Shield in the coating lite range of products if that makes sense. As Gyeon CanCoat and Carpro Lite and Tac System Moonlight. So for the consumer that only does their own vehicals Viking Shield is not so economical as you often don`t use it up beforeit goes bad. Viking Coat if you are doing your own car with multible layers and sometimes 2 cars with 2 layers can be done if they are not too big. 1 layer you may get between 12-18 months longevity from it if properly cared for and if you use Viking Spritz you can get longer longevity from it.
    Likes acuRAS82, quebert liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information