Post Thanks / Like

suds and no suds when aggitating cleaner with brush

I used a brush today when using my vinyl cleaner. I’ve never done this. In the past it’s always been terry cloth towel + spray + wipe = done.

I can see where using a brush to agitate the cleaner would be effective on a dirty piece.
    But how effective is it on interior that’s already clean.

Is using it more psychological the anything?

And a quick question about the foaming when agitating.
    I noticed when agitating the cleaner on the piece I was clean sometimes it would suds up. Other times it would not? I’d use the same amount of product but 1 bolster of the seat would suds up and the other bolster wouldnt?

Does it only suds/foam up when there’s dirt?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: suds and no suds when aggitating cleaner with brush

Spice&Wood83- That is indeed funny how it sudsed on one bolster and not the other...more/less dirt, or residual dressing or cleaner, or...who knows what?!? Somebody who paid more attention in their Chem classes might have a clue, but I guess I don`t

Did you get more or less sudsing as the process progressed? I.e., did the two bolsters end up sudsing the same by the time you finished or did the one always suds more?

IME the agitation provided by a brush generally produces more suds than you`ll get with a towel. The bristles can often clean better than the nap of a towel but often a (properly used) soft brush is more gentle than a towel, sometimes so gentle that it "doesn`t even hurt the dirt" (and OTOH, an aggressive brush is less gentle and might even do damage). Heh heh, lots of variables to consider, huh?!?

But if something`s already clean I don`t see any point in cleaning it aggressively...why bother, what`s to clean off? Just more effort/wear-and-tear IMO. As with correcting paint, I`d only be as aggressive as you need to be in order to get the job done.

Thread Information