Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1st purchase. Chemical Guys Overhaul. - MASSIVE INVESTMENT

Random thoughts that this thread brings to mind:

-Anything that touches paint oughta be CD-tested. Even if it`s not all *that* great of a test it`s better than nothing
    -I wouldn`t differentiate between a Daily and a Garage Queen (and I don`t when it comes to our vehicles) other than maybe the LSP
    -Aggressive clay can cause incredibly serious problems
    -IMO, and more importantly IME, 99% of all Detailing Errors can be avoided, or at least minimized to where they`re merely annoyances
    -Test Spots are good when dealing with unknowns
    -Youtube and Internet marketing/product recommendations/[anything] can be the Devil. Don`t be too credulous..and that includes what I post
    -YMMV always applies
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Spice&Wood83- Ah, I *knew* your usename rang a distant bell. Never tried that, but it somehow stuck in my memory You must be quite a fan of the stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Spice & Wood, you`ll enjoy your new products.

Chemical Guys`s Stripper Scent is still my favorite air freshener. I believe Chemical Guys marketing "head" is thirteen years old. Their Sasquatch microfiber towels are fantastic and have held up well for me over the years.

Before your next order, be sure to search these forums and Autogeek`s forums for specific reviews and recommendations.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Post Thanks / Like

I actually recommend to leave this forum. You’ll be doing yourself a favor. Got back into detailing with a $50 32oz bottle of hydrosilex. Thought that was crazy...... after this forum I’ve spent more this last year than ever detailing.

I now bought a 500ml (roughly 16oz) for 119$ cuz I thought it was a good value...1st purchase. Chemical Guys Overhaul. - MASSIVE INVESTMENT1st purchase. Chemical Guys Overhaul. - MASSIVE INVESTMENT1st purchase. Chemical Guys Overhaul. - MASSIVE INVESTMENT1st purchase. Chemical Guys Overhaul. - MASSIVE INVESTMENT1st purchase. Chemical Guys Overhaul. - MASSIVE INVESTMENT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Everything you got is fine, you just over paid for it because chemical guys is the "trendy" over marketed hyped brand of product.

Dont use the heavy duty clay bar unless you plan on a one time multi stage cut/polish paint enhancement. Use the lightest clay you can get....i used the very light mothers clay and it got melted in sand off my clear coat just fine.

Anything chemical based that you got from chemical guys, you could have gotten better for less but you didnt get snake oil in a bottle.

Next time youll do more research and youll spend a bit less and get equal or better products.

Not the end of the world unless your on a tight budget.

Also i dont get the buzz around microfiber towel drying. Compressed air, leaf blower, or dedicated air car dryer tool is all you need, just a few microfibers for door jambs and touch up, and ofc a good towel for buffing off your wax/sealant.

If you got bit by the detailing bug this was a minor purchase in the long run, and you marginally over spent on the chemical guys slapping their name on a cheap amazon basic item. Not the end of the world unless your budget was super tight.

Just keep it, youll be fine, the more research you do the more youll find cheaper deals, sales on expensive stuff, and items you like by use.

I have their butter wet wax, stuff struggles to last a week, smells like banana, and was expensive. Their tire kicker dressing i like but probably could have found better for less, i hear their citrus cleaner is good, oh and i have a spray scent that lasts until it dries, love the smell but hate the product because it has zero longevity. I also have a swirl mark filling glaze that im not sure even works but ill still use it.

IMO if your just getting into the detailing OCD...chemical guys is a good gateway drug...youll find better soon and your wallet will suffer regardless.
    Likes Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information