Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to get a spot free finish???

Superior Chemical makes a product called Formula 4 Spray Wax that contains PDMS. PDMS is used in car washes automatic and otherwise to stop water spots. After you wash and rinse your car, spray Formula 4 Spray Wax on diluted 3 to 4 to 1, let it dwell for around 5 minutes, then rinse it off and dry the car off. If you are in the shade you can wait 10 minutes. ORileys Auto Parts carries the Superior line but not all stores carry all of their products. You may have to have them order it for you. It runs around $20 for a gallon of Formula 4 Spray Wax. You need to get a firm shipping price from ORileys. They can be pricey. Scott on Dallas Paint Paint Protection videos has a great video of him washing a black car in direct sunlight using this product, no water spots. I will PM you the link, since it may be against Forum rules to post it.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw that video by Scott. That product seems intriguing if you don’t have shade.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Most QD and waterless washes is slightly acidic. This is as most of them use a water softerner of some kind. So if I would have problems with water spotting during the wash. I would use this as a drying aid or to do a wipe down with it after the wash.

Got surprised when looked at the Duragloss Aquawax SDS. It`s so acidic as the Meguiars Wheel Brightener D140 is. So thinking that would be a choice to test out on the fresh water spots even if they are bad. Do it after the drying to get the most concentrated effect from it.

Angelwax Blue Rinse is a kind of spray on rinse off product but more fore the last rinse step to use it`s ability to avoid water spots. They also have one of their car soaps that has this ability to minimize water spotting before it`s rinsed off. Don`t remember exactly which but can look it up if someone is interested in it.

If I have a LSP that is needed to be refreshed and not the highest water sheeting from it. I stay away from blowdry the car as if I don`t get all of the water off. It`s more prone to water spotting with the little of the water behind. So then I feel it`s better to just use drying towels to get it dry in 1 wipe. As it`s gets saturated as sometimes a lot of beads holds more water on the car I switch to a new drying towel. The higher gsm mf drying towels and the PFM style drying towels works great for when a lot of water is on the car. And also while washing I keep the wet as much as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Most QD and waterless washes is slightly acidic. This is as most of them use a water softerner of some kind. So if I would have problems with water spotting during the wash. I would use this as a drying aid or to do a wipe down with it after the wash.

Got surprised when looked at the Duragloss Aquawax SDS. It`s so acidic as the Meguiars Wheel Brightener D140 is. So thinking that would be a choice to test out on the fresh water spots even if they are bad. Do it after the drying to get the most concentrated effect from it.

Angelwax Blue Rinse is a kind of spray on rinse off product but more fore the last rinse step to use it`s ability to avoid water spots. They also have one of their car soaps that has this ability to minimize water spotting before it`s rinsed off. Don`t remember exactly which but can look it up if someone is interested in it.

If I have a LSP that is needed to be refreshed and not the highest water sheeting from it. I stay away from blowdry the car as if I don`t get all of the water off. It`s more prone to water spotting with the little of the water behind. So then I feel it`s better to just use drying towels to get it dry in 1 wipe. As it`s gets saturated as sometimes a lot of beads holds more water on the car I switch to a new drying towel. The higher gsm mf drying towels and the PFM style drying towels works great for when a lot of water is on the car. And also while washing I keep the wet as much as possible.
    Good points. I was going to mention trying a car soap that has "conditioners" like D111. It`s supposed to help the water sheet so you don`t get such concentrated spots. Truth is all my LSPs bead so strongly I didn`t get any sheeting from it.

Also consider what LSP you are using too. Some seem to hold up better against water spots than others.

We have very hard water in our town and there`s no easy fix. What`s working for me the best is drying the bulk of it as fast as I can with a couple of PFMs then pulling in the garage and doing a second pass with Uber as a detail spray or some spray sealant.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post

Good point about drying aids. The consumer spray waxes excel at this. TW ICE Spray wax almost smells like vinegar to me. It does an excellent job of removing water spots.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Forensic Detailing Channel did a big series of QD and spray waxes. He found one that many have gotten here to use as a water spot remover LOL. Koch Chemie FSE is the name of this QD. Interesting about TW ICE Spray Wax they seem to have hit a homerun with this. Have anyone test real life longevity from it and not just Jimbos torture testing with it? I live in Sweden and TW has a manufacture plant here in EU. So we don`t always gets the same products. They have a really great degreaser that is like a tar remover called TW Prewash-T. Have used that very much as a spray on prewash on a dry car to desolve the large amount of tar we get here. And they just have released Prewash-T Iron Remover now. It`s a little pricey here so it would be when if crisis to get it OFC. We have had a decon wash called TW Superwash for many years. That also does a great job. It`s a car soap you apply directly on the foam wash sponge or wash mitt. And don`t in a bucket as it`s petroleum based product. I got a bottle of QD on sell out from the line Extreme. That a friend of mine just got on a wim. It has a crazy gloss from it that really impressed me. 1-2 weeks or to the next wash of longevity though. But if wanted to shine something up I will test it sometime in the future. He used it on the tires too and I have not seen any tire dressing with that shine from them. They also have released a dedicated prewash foam here. Will see if I test it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Elonheater32 View Post
    I have seen the CR system for around $240 and also Simple Chuck for the same price. Is there a difference between these two? Any other brands recommended? Also, I am wondering why you guys don`t use these spot free systems for the entire wash instead of just the final rinse? Is it because it will suck up the filtering media and you will have to replace a lot more often?
    Also, what is the best way to ensure that water does not dry up in the process of washing the car? For example lets say I have already washed the roof of the car and am now working on the quarter panels... do you guys still mist the roof just to keep it wet so it does not have a chance to dry?
    Enable your PM`s so I can send you the link to the vid, can`t post it to the board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information