Post Thanks / Like

Saved by Blackfire...and a little Wolfgang

This weekend there was an "incident" in my driveway and my GTI was the victim. After rolling the car into the garage and getting set up I was faced with this on the passenger door this evening.

I was a little worried about how much would come out due to some areas feeling a little rough to the touch. After digging out my DA, a couple different grade pads and my samples of Wolfgang Uber Compound and Blackfire Compound I set down to the work.

After only using the Blackfire Compound and a white Lake Country Flat pad, I was really surprised by how much polished out. At this point, there was some hope of an acceptable recovery. From there, the Blackfire Compound was combined with an orange Lake County pad and the remaining deep areas started to look much better, but I was hoping for a bit better result. Wolfgang Uber was then used on an orange Lake Country Flat Pad and after two "reps" of the site, I was left with this.

Overall, I was very pleased with the results. As you can see, in a couple areas to the right of my lights there are still some marks, but they are FAR lighter than when I started and probably unnoticeable in most lighting conditions. I`m sure I could have done more if I`d gone after my orange or gray Thin Pro pad, but I really didn`t want to remove that much clear. This is a six-year old daily driver I intend to keep for many more years.

On a side note, I water less washed the area with Ech2O before polishing. After I was done polishing and had applied the LSP, I realized the door looked far different than the rest of the dirty car, so out came the Ech2O again and I did a waterless wash on all the main panels. I really like that stuff. It is far easier and produces much better results than the last waterless wash I tried. In fact, it worked well enough I might actually start working waterless washes into my rotation for those times when the car is simply dusty or lightly covered in pollen.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Saved by Blackfire...and a little Wolfgang

What’s the last WW you tried?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Saved by Blackfire...and a little Wolfgang

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    What’s the last WW you tried?
    The previous waterless wash was Pinnacle`s Liquid Chrystal Waterless Wash. I didn`t think it cleaned very well, nor did it offer enough lubricity for a waterless wash. At temperatures below 60F it became very streaky and hard to remove.

I used it for a while as a QD spray and drying aid simply to use it up, but even then I wasn`t very happy as I had other products which worked much better. For me, Ech2O is a far better product in every way.

Thread Information